• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

A200, that's a lot of requests. One thing at a time, my friend. ;)

Rest assured, though.  There will be plenty of new stuff you'll probably like coming to the RHW at some point in the near future. 

-Alex

A200

MandelSoft

Well, it would be usefull that the El-RHW and El-MIS can go over all RHW networks (not only MIS, RHW-2 and RHW-4).
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Tarkus

I am pleased to announce the release of RHW Version 3.2.  This release is strictly a "bugfixing" release coinciding with the NAM March 2009 release and no other new features have been added.

Among the bugfixes:
-All previous path fixes have been incorporated
-RUL Bugfixes addressing some MIS T-Intersections, along with improved stability for ERHW-4/EMIS-over-RHW-4/MIS draggable overpasses

As such, you'll need the NAM March 2009 in order to take advantage of all the improved functionality.  For more info on the new NAM release, read here

LINKS
NAM March 2009--WINDOWS|MAC

RHW Version 3.2--WINDOWS|MAC OS

-Alex (Tarkus)

A200

Blue Lightning

Its about time someone posted....

Anyway, here is a little teaser on what might come later:
MIS-FLUP entrance:

RHW-4-FLUP Entrance Day:

Night:

$%Grinno$%
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

metarvo

Now, that's beautiful work, Vince!  :thumbsup:  I sense a bright future ahead for the RHW.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

LE0

Those are awesome tunnells :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

BTW Do they work like big dig tunnels or are they UDI enabled?
Leoland coming Spring 2009

Kitsune

considering the world Flup is used, then that means its UDI enabled...
~ NAM Team Member

io_bg

:thumbsup: Nice work! Maybe they'll look better with more sloped entrances. I also think the MIS ramp is a bit too wide, but still great work!
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

woodb3kmaster

Quote from: io_bg on March 10, 2009, 03:11:31 PMI also think the MIS ramp is a bit too wide, but still great work!
I agree, actually. I think the MIS ramp would look better if it were only as wide as the MIS lane, plus a little bit of shoulder space.

Let me just take this opportunity to praise Alex and the rest of the NAM team for their hard and mostly bug-free work. Y'all rock! That being said, I'd like to make mention of what I hope to see in RHW 4.0. In my highway-building frenzy, I've come across situations where additional diagonal capabilities are needed to build as I'd like to build. Here's an example of what I'm talking about:

At present, I can't cross this RHW over this railroad, simply because both are diagonal. I also have several diagonal Avenue overpasses I like to build over diagonal RHWs. I'm sure you're already working on this as I post, and I'm familiar with the NAM team adage, "It'll be ready when it's ready," but I just wanted to encourage y'all to consider making diagonal capabilities a priority for RHw 4.0.

In any event, keep up the fantastic work!

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

metarvo

For the time until the great day that diagonal el-RHW overpasses can be built, I have developed a little workaround [tutorial linkie] that allows a diagonal overpass to be built over networks.  Even though the diagonal el-RHW goes over an Avenue in this pic, the same technique could be applied for Rail as well.  I hope this helps, woodb3kmaster.  :)
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

woodb3kmaster

Thanks, metarvo! That should hold me over until I can build true diagonal overpasses.

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

allan_kuan1992

The tunnel lights are bright... maybe too bright... $%Grinno$%

You can try toning the brightness down as well as adding a concrete texture to the wall of the tunnel entrance.

As well, I wouldn't be surprised if this was used on other network FLUPs as well.

- Allan Kuan

Kitsune

Found a bug: Monorail cannot cross the RHW 6C.
~ NAM Team Member

Haljackey

Quote from: Kitsune on March 11, 2009, 11:58:27 AM
Found a bug: Monorail cannot cross the RHW 6C.

Are you sure?  I got it to cross over the RHW-6C and it functions normally as well.

You might want to take another look and see if all the terrain is level.  If the 3-tiled 6C is on the slightest slope no draggable network can cross it because it is so wide. 

Kitsune

Nope, its perfectly flat. No traffic was going over it, as soon as the 6C was removed some 30K was going over that stretch. Its odd.
~ NAM Team Member

deathtopumpkins

I've gotten monorail to cross it too, just not HSRP which I can live with.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Tarkus

Quote from: woodb3kmaster on March 10, 2009, 04:11:12 PM
In my highway-building frenzy, I've come across situations where additional diagonal capabilities are needed to build as I'd like to build.

Ah . . . what the heck . . .

-Alex