• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ramona Brie

Suggestion for RHW-6CE (elevated): a starter piece for the median and then a starter piece for each of the sides. The RULs for going over other RHW networks would be screwy, though.

Blue Lightning

Tracker: Funny that you mentioned that....

Though I dont think the seperable starter would be a good idea, as it does make things a little more complex.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

swat-medic

Tarkus, thanks so much!  I wasn't sure that was going to be implemented in version 4.0.

Daniel, congrats!  Looks very nice. :)

KoV Liberty

AMAZING!!! Finally something other than El RHW 4.

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

dragonshardz

Here's hoping for a release soon, maybe....

Labor Day?

Christmas at the latest, c'mon, you can't keep us drooling here for much longer. There will come a point at which there's nowhere to stand for all the drool...among other things.

KoV Liberty

Adrian, I miss you man.

joelyboy911

Speaking of seperable starter pieces, did anyone else realise that with one more override and a few more puzzle pieces we could have RHW's of infinite width...

EL-RHW-6 looks superb, btw.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

dragonshardz

Actually, no. Please explain, this sounds intruiging.

KoV Liberty

Adrian, I miss you man.

Tarkus

Blue, you are officially awesome!  Whoever said "lightning doesn't strike the same place twice" has obviously never read the RHW thread and seen your work. :D  (Sorry, couldn't resist that one. ::))

Quote from: joelyboy911 on August 01, 2009, 08:12:08 PM
Speaking of seperable starter pieces, did anyone else realise that with one more override and a few more puzzle pieces we could have RHW's of infinite width...

Yes, I've been thinking about that since Xyloxadoria posted a diagram here a few months ago proposing such a feature.  It looks feasible in a lot of regards--the only possible issue would be figuring out the diagonals.  The overpass puzzle pieces could easily be modularized, and the way many of the Wider RHW MIS Ramp Interfaces are laid out, they could actually be re-used (without modification) on Ultra-Wide RHWs.  ("Ultra-Wide" is the "official" term I've used to refer to anything wider than the RHW-10.)

Quote from: dragonshardz on August 01, 2009, 07:53:58 PM
There will come a point at which there's nowhere to stand for all the drool...among other things.

Well, as much as development has heated up lately, it'll probably evaporate. :D  

Let's not get carried away thinking about release dates here, though.  Besides, you'll soon have other . . . distractions . . . here in the NAM world. ::)

-Alex

sithlrd98

I know I sound like a broken record...but I am amazed at what this project has become!  &apls  So many new things happen everyday! This is definitely what Maxis wished they had accomplished!

Vince! Excellent job,again! Alex...I'm so glad that you were able to keep this going for so long as now you have so much "new blood" to get even more jammed in!

Jayson

dragonshardz

Quote from: Tarkus on August 01, 2009, 08:58:37 PM
Let's not get carried away thinking about release dates here, though.  Besides, you'll soon have other . . . distractions . . . here in the NAM world.

True, true, but a release would be great. And by other distractions, do you mean that possibly, maybe, there might be a release of the NWM?

Quote from: Driftmaster07 on August 01, 2009, 08:49:14 PM
Like a RHW 12, 14, 16, 100.

Ok, RHW-12, -14, and -16 makes sense. But RHW-100? That's crazy!

projectadam

I do not know if only having 6 hours of sleep in the past 48 hour and travelling 16 hours in that timeframe is taking its toll on me but does anyone have any suggestions for connected the two MIS paths in the following picture. If I try to connect them, it sends the elevated RHW down to the ground and connects to the MIS pieces. Any help would be appreciated

The Constitutional Monarchy of Ichigamin

Terraforming Update (8/25/09)

joelyboy911

The thing with overrides of the same network is that, well, they override eachother. Thats why you need puzzle pieces to connect GLR to El-Rail. Therefore, you need a puzzle piece for this spot. I'm not 100% certain if one exists (I'm more of a OWR tunnel man for these types of scenario) but logically, you would think one would have been created.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

JoeST

Quote from: joelyboy911 on August 02, 2009, 04:21:35 AM
The thing with overrides of the same network is that, well, they override eachother. Thats why you need puzzle pieces to connect GLR to El-Rail. Therefore, you need a puzzle piece for this spot. I'm not 100% certain if one exists (I'm more of a OWR tunnel man for these types of scenario) but logically, you would think one would have been created.
There is some overrides in place for Elevated RHW over MIS, but diagonals arent ;)
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

bob56

Quote from: JoeST on August 02, 2009, 06:01:34 AM
There is some overrides in place for Elevated RHW over MIS, but diagonals arent ;)

Yeah, the only way i know of is to straighten the diagonal RHW, then the MIS should be able to drag under and work.
You can call me Grif

--Currently out of the office, will resume SC4 7/19

Shadow Assassin

...Actually, you won't even have to worry about that. Pretty soon, because RUL14 has been cracked, you'll be able to do diagonal-diagonal crossings, even with different overrides, much more easily now.

Just wait and see. ;)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Korot

The problem with that is that it will be released with RHW v4 at the soonest, with can be next year to the extend of my knowledge.

Regards,
Korot