• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Quote from: Floydian on March 01, 2011, 08:47:47 PM
I have a request for two pieces that I hope could be included in the next release or made as a plugin before that:

RHW-4 45 degree to FARHW
RHW-4 45 degree ground to elevated slope transition

Cheers

The first one is confirmed for Version 4.2.  The second one's a little trickier--I wouldn't count on it happening right away, but we'll see.

-Alex

jdenm8

Playing with some of the new stuff... RHW-3 will be able to be used as a sort of Type-A RHW TuLEP if you want to use it that way.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

samerton

Wow..! The picture jdenm8 posted looks amazing, as do the RHW development pics!  &apls

Nego

@jdenm8: Great work on the WRHW-2 and the RHW-3! &apls Can't wait to see more! :thumbsup:

Getron

Having problem with the link to to "RHW Lights and Barriers"  and " RHW-6C High Mast Lighting".  &mmm
Getting message:
Not Found --  The requested document was not found on this server. -- Web Server at simtropolis.com

Anyone else evering the same problems?

Getron

jdenm8

Actually, all of the links to the STEX will be broken since the ST7 upgrade. They'll have to be updated.

Haljackey

Digging through some of my archives, I found a neat old RHW intersection texture.

From RHW 2.0:

Thoughts? I think this road/RHW-4 intersection looks nice.

ivo_su

Hello.
Some time ago I was asked to take a picture of clover by RHW-C6 with ERHW-6. The main reason for which I'm interested in elevated networks RHW is the ability to make clovers. This is very important for me to see such a photo.

- Ivaylo (Ivo)

Haljackey

Quote from: ivo_su on March 09, 2011, 09:15:38 AM
Hello.
Some time ago I was asked to take a picture of clover by RHW-C6 with ERHW-6. The main reason for which I'm interested in elevated networks RHW is the ability to make clovers. This is very important for me to see such a photo.

- Ivaylo (Ivo)

Well the elevated RHW-6 isn't out yet so what you're requesting cannot be built. However, you can run another El-RHW-4 or El-MIS network next to your El-RHW-4 to create an additional "weave" lane for the cloverleaf. This essentially creates a collector/distributor system and reduces weaving on the cloverleaf.

Here's a picture of one such junction I made for the RHW Interchange Guide. See how to build it HERE.

Hope that helps you out Ivo!
-Ryan (Haljackey)

ivo_su

Actually I did exactly that in mind.
On page 377 Blue Lightning had shown how they will look ERHW-6 and for that I wanted to see clover with them. I know that this project is not finished yet but I thought that NAM - team has development on it and you can make a model of such intersection.

thank you Ryan that I paid attention and tried to help

Best,
Ivaylo (Ivo)

Tarkus

The functionality in the current Alpha Build (likely to be retained in the public release of Version 4.2) does allow for an ERHW-6S to cross over an RHW-6C (and an ERHW-6C to cross over an RHW-6S).  In fact, you'll be able to cross pretty much any ground-level RHW network under the new ERHWs:

However, the functionality of the ERHW-6S and 6C will be restricted to orthogonal-only overpass functionality.  There will be no diagonals and no ramp interfaces, so if you want to build an interchange between an RHW-6C and a ground RHW-6S, for instance, you'll only be able to have part of one of those networks be elevated, and will have to use the ground-level ramp interfaces followed by a ground-to-elevated transition of some sort (both will have the "ramp style" and OnSlope ground-to-el transition options) in order to build it.

-Alex

Opkl

Will there be any transition pieces between RHW 6S/ RHW 6C and the maxis highway?  It would be more realistic than the RHW-4 since the RHW 6S/6C and maxis highway are both 3 lanes. Also, what happen to the maxis highway that was only 4 lanes instead of 6? I believe Tarkus posted a picture of it. Finally, what about the elevated maxis highway pieces that allowed ave's under it? Someone also posted a picture of that as well. I'll try and find it.

Tarkus

Quote from: Opkl on March 09, 2011, 01:22:02 PM
Will there be any transition pieces between RHW 6S/ RHW 6C and the maxis highway?  It would be more realistic than the RHW-4 since the RHW 6S/6C and maxis highway are both 3 lanes.

Not in this release.  There's been talk of it amongst the development team, but I have no clue as to when it'll happen.  It's a model-based item and the fact that a Maxis Highway squeezes 3 lanes into the size of about 1.5 RHW lanes, scaling is an issue.

Also, what happen to the maxis highway that was only 4 lanes instead of 6? I believe Tarkus posted a picture of it.

Both Shadow Assassin and I have played around with that idea over the years.  The process of texturing it is not difficult, but there's a lot of path-wrangling involved, and it's kind of been a low priority thing worked on (very) intermittently over the course of about 3 years, so it's unlikely you'll see anything soon on that front.

Finally, what about the elevated maxis highway pieces that allowed ave's under it? Someone also posted a picture of that as well. I'll try and find it.

Those were part of the "Pseudo-Highway" project by ebina.  He retired from modding back in early October, hasn't been seen since, and there currently aren't any efforts underway to continue development on it.

-Alex

Opkl

Quote from: Tarkus on March 09, 2011, 01:41:04 PM
Not in this release.  There's been talk of it amongst the development team, but I have no clue as to when it'll happen.  It's a model-based item and the fact that a Maxis Highway squeezes 3 lanes into the size of about 1.5 RHW lanes, scaling is an issue.

Both Shadow Assassin and I have played around with that idea over the years.  The process of texturing it is not difficult, but there's a lot of path-wrangling involved, and it's kind of been a low priority thing worked on (very) intermittently over the course of about 3 years, so it's unlikely you'll see anything soon on that front.

Those were part of the "Pseudo-Highway" project by ebina.  He retired from modding back in early October, hasn't been seen since, and there currently aren't any efforts underway to continue development on it.-Alex

Oh darn. &mmm I was really looking forward to it.  I read ebina's post and he said that they had lots of pieces already completed. Is it possible that later on someone will pick up where he left off or are the pieces loss?

Tarkus

Quote from: Opkl on March 09, 2011, 02:06:38 PM
Oh darn. &mmm I was really looking forward to it.  I read ebina's post and he said that they had lots of pieces already completed. Is it possible that later on someone will pick up where he left off or are the pieces loss?

He did upload a version of it to our private development depository last August, but the whole thing was still in a very experimental/proof-of-concept state then.  It's not impossible, but it's very unlikely. 

To get back on topic . . .

-Alex

Twinsfan14

Quote from: Tarkus on March 09, 2011, 03:50:52 PM
He did upload a version of it to our private development depository last August, but the whole thing was still in a very experimental/proof-of-concept state then.  It's not impossible, but it's very unlikely. 

To get back on topic . . .

-Alex

Twinsfan14 likes this.

Ramona Brie

Would it require a two-tile width or just one tile plus overhang?

jdenm8

It is indeed One tile wide with an overhang. This is an older testing shot that I took a while ago, showing the two new ERHW-6es.

(The textures pictured were accurate when the screenshot was taken and the models have been modified since that Screenshot was taken.)

In other words, the models in that picture are not current, but the placement still applies.

EDIT: Bitumen viaducts are ERHW-6S, concrete viaducts are old ERHW-6C

kassarc16

Wait, two different styles at the same time?

jdenm8

Like BlueLightning has shown in the picture below, like there are two different styles of RHW-6, there are two styles of ERHW-6.

RHW-6S and RHW-6C
ERHW-6S and ERHW-6C

Quote from: Blue Lightning on January 22, 2011, 04:48:48 PM

Whether both or either are released in this version is still unknown.