• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul 999

The new 3 lane viaducts are useful but there are still a lot of errors in the game. I can not build the viaduct over a RHW-8 see picture.

And here, now i have 1 title left between the directions, the RHW-4 texture shows up in the RHW-8 piece  &mmm

Do i something wrong? or anyone know a solution?

noahclem

@ Paul 999 - Unfortunately the ERHW-6 overrides are a bit unstable in their first release, especially with larger overpasses. You may have more luck here if you move those exits a tile or two further away from the ERHWs though, as the starters in the ramp pieces tend to interfere.

Awesome work SA & jdenm8!  &apls &apls

Haljackey

@ Online Paul 999: Try leaving a one tile gap between the elevated networks as they cross-over your RHW. If that doesn't work, putting stubs from the RHW starter pieces in these one tile gaps should help override the network so the proper networks are set as they pass under the overpasses.

This works in most cases. Hope it helps!  :thumbsup:

MandelSoft

More Euro RHW development pics (click to enlarge):

NOTE: These are not the final textures. I still need to add some chevrons...

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Moonraker0

Hi, I just wanted to point out a serious congestion problem with the diagonal RHW-10.

I believe that the congestion is caused by the continuous switching of lanes by all the cars, correct?  Is there any way that this could be alleviated?

bthersh

I'm not sure if this should go here or in the NWM thread, or even if this intersection was intended to be supported, but I noticed today that these ERHW-4 over TLA-7 paths were missing...

Thanks again for all your work - I am thoroughly enjoying the new NAM!

Brian

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: bthersh on October 09, 2011, 02:03:01 PM
I'm not sure if this should go here or in the NWM thread, or even if this intersection was intended to be supported, but I noticed today that these ERHW-4 over TLA-7 paths were missing...

It's technically an NWM-related problem, since the information for that intersection is in the NWM files.

There was something called the "Twyla Bug", where TLAs going under an Elevated RHW wouldn't be able to left-turn onto a MIS parallel to the ERHW (and your picture is a good demonstration of that ERHW/MIS/TLA alignment). It was first discovered on the TLA-3 by a user named Twyla, and was fixed for all the TLA networks by adding extra paths to the TLA-under-elevated-stuff crossings to allow for that left turn. It was noted during development that it should also be fixed for the TLA-7, but apparently something else in the pathfile wasn't updated, causing ALL the paths to disappear.

There should be a pathfix for that soon enough.

EDIT: It also occurs with the Elevated MIS, too.

EDIT 2: And Elevated Rail. I'm thinking that it also occurs with HSR and Monorail.

EDIT 3: And it does.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

jdenm8

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on October 09, 2011, 02:45:47 PM
It's technically an NWM-related problem, since the information for that intersection is in the NWM files.

There was something called the "Twyla Bug", where TLAs going under an Elevated RHW wouldn't be able to left-turn onto a MIS parallel to the ERHW (and your picture is a good demonstration of that ERHW/MIS/TLA alignment). It was first discovered on the TLA-3 by a user named Twyla, and was fixed for all the TLA networks by adding extra paths to the TLA-under-elevated-stuff crossings to allow for that left turn. It was noted during development that it should also be fixed for the TLA-7, but apparently something else in the pathfile wasn't updated, causing ALL the paths to disappear.

A. That's an inherent problem with TLAs. The only way to fix it is to add the turn lane entry paths to all centre-tile setups.

B. By the looks of it, someone forgot to put the paths in the public build, but if read the readme I think you'd find there MAY be compatibility between new NWM networks and the RHW, but it is not supported. It is not an official feature but simply something that was left in, like Diagonal NWM intersections for single-tile networks. Some of them work, a lot of them don't.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: jdenm8 on October 09, 2011, 04:45:39 PM
B. By the looks of it, someone forgot to put the paths in the public build, but if read the readme I think you'd find there MAY be compatibility between new NWM networks and the RHW, but it is not supported. It is not an official feature but simply something that was left in, like Diagonal NWM intersections for single-tile networks. Some of them work, a lot of them don't.

I just checked the NWM DAT. The pathsfiles are there, but there was something in the pathfiles making all the paths disappear (It's either the Path ID numbering or the 3D key value, but I tried just setting the 3D key value to 0). I reordered the Path IDs and changed a value to 0, and everything seems to be in perfect order.

Besides, most of the NWM/RHW crossing incompatibilities are centralized with the four new elevated RHW networks: L2 RHW-2, L2 6S, L2 6C, and DDRHW-4. The new NWMs should be able to cross under L2 RHW-4 and L2 MIS.
<INACTIVE>
-----

Tarkus

Quote from: Moonraker0 on October 09, 2011, 10:42:20 AM
Hi, I just wanted to point out a serious congestion problem with the diagonal RHW-10.

I believe that the congestion is caused by the continuous switching of lanes by all the cars, correct?  Is there any way that this could be alleviated?

The issue is not caused by the switching of lanes by the cars.  If anything, the paths allowing the lane changes should be increasing capacity through the Intersection Effect.  The only possibility I can think of is that there's an incompatible simulator file somewhere in your Plugins (which would cause the Intersection Effect to subtract capacity rather than add it) . . . otherwise, I don't have a viable explanation.

Quote from: jdenm8 on October 09, 2011, 04:45:39 PM
B. By the looks of it, someone

Someone is probably me. :-[  Could have sworn the final version had been fixed, but path files are fiddly little things that can be easily boffed up like that.  Try the attached file below.

-Alex

Wiimeiser

I think a focus on diagonal overpasses is in need. If not RHW5.1, then 5.2
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

the7train

Is there a RHW support document like the Content read me for the NAM? I'd like to be able to see what can be done vs what can't be. For example, does flexSPUI support wider RHW networks like RHW6C? Thanks! Great work with V5!

Glazert

the7train: There is indeed a readme-Real_Highway_Mod.html document in the Real Highway Mod folder within your Network Addon Mod folder in Plugins.

Risu

I can't find the ERHW-6C MIS transition pieces.

Which menu are they under?

jdenm8

You'll need to go to ERHW-4 over the Avenue. There are no Type B/C/E/F exits for any of the new ERHWs but there is a Type D1 Exit (Outside lane must exit) for ERHW-6S and an Type A1 Exit (Outside lane can exit) for ERHW-2.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

jondor

Hey.. How'd that smooth MIS curve get under there?...  I guess those Sim engineers are learning some new tricks.  ;)
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

noahclem

Wow, awesome work jondor!  &apls &apls  I think a lot of people will be happy to see that!

Haljackey

Quote from: jondor on October 11, 2011, 02:13:27 AM
Hey.. How'd that smooth MIS curve get under there?...  I guess those Sim engineers are learning some new tricks.  ;)

...And another revolution begins. Great work!  :thumbsup:

Gugu3

Wow!!! &apls
that is great!Is impossible to do so at the moment,isn't it?

GDO29Anagram

And so the teasefest begins... ::)

Quote from: Gugu3 on October 11, 2011, 09:14:36 AM
that is great!Is impossible to do so at the moment,isn't it?

At the least, impossible to do with the current public release.
<INACTIVE>
-----