• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wiimeiser

So we'll be using the Chevrons to differentiate?
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

GDO29Anagram

You could (and they'd really help), but I think it's because people wanted chevrons.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

mike3775

is it wrong that whenever I see the word Chevron, all I can think of is the movie Stargate, and the TV shows Stargate SG-1, and Stargate Atlantis?

Those look great tarkus.  Things must be rolling along pretty smoothly

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: mike3775 on June 07, 2012, 03:58:57 PM
is it wrong that whenever I see the word Chevron, all I can think of is the movie Stargate, and the TV shows Stargate SG-1, and Stargate Atlantis?

No; I think of the gas station when I think of chevrons... And I wouldn't say things are going smoothly just yet... Let's just say it's too early to call it...
<INACTIVE>
-----

Shadow Assassin

The chevrons are also helpful in determining direction of traffic, as well.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

GMT

dunno if this has been adressed already, but I fail to find it.
Well, lacking a diagonal ave over diagonal rhw puzzlepiece I wanted to do a workaround with diagonal erhw4 over diagonal rhw4 when suddenly this wild error appears:

On the left, you see which part I want to plop, but on the right, that's what I always end up with, the needed piece does not appear when cycling through the diagonal erhw4 over diagonal rhw4 pieces. actually in both sets (1&2 aswell as 3&4)
I installed the april hotfix for nam30 with all relevant data, but still this problem persists.
Is there any way to solve this?

EDIT: ok I found a workaround with diagonal filler pieces, so I plopped the diagonal over diagonal puzzlepieces on empty space as this works fine, and then I connected them to both diagonal rhws with respective filler pieces

... really, it is. I swear.

jdenm8

It looks like the CheckTypes are out of whack. Sadly, it's a RUL0 error meaning we can't fix it without distributing a new controller.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

GMT

I see.
But yeah, I found a workaroud that helps to get it right... little complicated but better than nothing at all  :thumbsup:

... really, it is. I swear.

packerfan386

Will those chevrons be optional? Because some states don't use chevrons, my state for example uses diagonal hatches: http://goo.gl/maps/yQxa

Anyway will there be a RHW-8s 3-2 splitter? :   

Good work everyone looking forward to next release!

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: packerfan386 on June 09, 2012, 08:12:09 PM
Anyway will there be a RHW-8s 3-2 splitter? :   

The current substitute for an 8S A2 and B2 Ramp is to use a FARHW-4 to ortho RHW-4 and FARHW-4 to diag RHW-4 curve in conjunction with an 8S C2 Ramp.

Making a dedicated 8S A2 and B2 ramp is possible, but recent developments in RHW may either hold that off for a while or make it usability fundamentally different (and even more innovative).
<INACTIVE>
-----

Haljackey

@ packerfan386: at the moment you can make a setup like this:

Click for full size.

Basically you transition your FARHW into a diagonal RHW right beside the piece. This workaround produces a cool-looking result, and doesn't take up much more space.

Tarkus

Quote from: packerfan386 on June 09, 2012, 08:12:09 PM
Will those chevrons be optional? Because some states don't use chevrons, my state for example uses diagonal hatches

They'll be included by default, but it'll be possible to easily change them.  I still have "chevronless" textures around that could be packaged up . . . someone else will probably have to do diagonal hatches, though.

Oh, and before I forget . . .

Die, puzzle pieces, die! ?$%kar&%h

(Yes, this means I've fixed the wacky default Maxis same network DxD setup, and it'll be possible to override these for draggable diagonal RHW-over-RHW overpasses.)

-Alex

Wiimeiser

I actually don't see much difference. What would've happened before?
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Wiimeiser on June 12, 2012, 12:22:42 AM
I actually don't see much difference. What would've happened before?

A real mess. :P

Try it for yourself; See how hard it is.

Let me rephrase that... Had the "Fundamental INRUL Problem" (The inability to create multiple adjacent DxO and DxD without having it deconvert into a mess of Boom-Bend T-Crossings) not been solved, we'd still be forced to use PP-based DxO and DxD RHW crossing pieces, and given how many elevated networks being added, that RHW Overpass tab ring would've became well-bloated with probably more pieces than the estimated theoretical maximum number of RHW ramps. (In a nutshell, less RUL-0 work.)
<INACTIVE>
-----

MandelSoft

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Blue Lightning

This happened (All single tile maxis networks except for the rail types suffer from this issue)

Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

noahclem

Fantastic work Alex  &apls &apls  Very exciting stuff!

ivo_su

Happy 1000th post reached by Vince.
Many optimism and high hopes, after the incredible work of Alex - well done guys you are great.

Best regards,
- Ivo

Tarkus

And this is a taste of what can happen now . . .

Just need to add some more overrides in, and then the old puzzle pieces will become "officially" obsolete.

Quote from: mrtnrln on June 12, 2012, 01:09:24 AM
We can clean up another menu yet again ;)

Indeed we can.  I think everyone is going to be pleasantly surprised with the menu developments on the RHW with this next NAM.  Fewer buttons, fewer pieces to TAB through, but way more functionality. 

-Alex