• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Durfsurn on November 25, 2012, 12:20:37 AM
The problem is ramp lines don't line up.

It's only a visual issue, so you really don't need to worry.

Fixable? Yes. High-priority? Not so much.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Tarkus

Which one?  The MIS Y-Splitter or the RHW-8C Type E1 ramp interface?  The Y-Splitter is a RUL-related issue, the ramp interface is texture related.  We can't fix the Y-Splitter now, and while the ramp interface textures could be fixed, with the full plate of stuff on which we're working, I don't foresee us doing that one before NAM 31, either.

Going forward, we probably won't be correcting anything RHW-related until the release itself.  P57's pretty much a completely clean slate.

-Alex

Durfsurn

It was the 8C ramp. The MIS splitter can be fixed by clicking on it repeatedly. Thanks for speedy reply and sorry it wasn't a speedy fix!

Monorail Master

@Wthrwyz: That bites...but thanks for the help

Can we please have ERHW-Pedmall tiles in the next version of RHW? So that we don't have to do what Wthrwyz did in the picture he posted
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

Gugu3

jondor

I'm working hard to get some extra treats done in time for this release, but I won't spoil anything until I know for certain they'll make it in.  ;)
All new animated railroad crossing props for networks of all sizes! (Phase 1 complete)--> http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=13209

Mostly writing pony stories on FimFiction.net, but Cities: Skylines is my new best friend.  Anything and everything I made for SimCity 4 is fair game for use and distribution.

Gugu3

Thank you Sir!!!! ;)
I like surprises:)thank you for all the efforts you put into this amazing project! &apls

sunv123

Goodie Goodie! I love surprises! %BUd%

I hope there'll be GingeRHWbread cookies and an ERHWlves!  (Gingerbread cookies and Elves!)
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

Tarkus

I should also add that Alpha Build 05 did finally make it out to the team and NAM Associates for their inspection.  I haven't had too much to really show off here as of the past few days, however.  RL's been busy (but very good) the past few days, but I'm slowly plugging away on getting the RUL2 side of things squared away as best I can.  There's probably going to be a lot more NAM Controller builds rather than actual Alpha Builds.

-Alex

fafalone

Ok I know you guys get inundated with requests, and I'm not sure if it's been brought up before, but something that would be extremely useful: more inside entrance/exit pieces. Currently they only exist for RHW-4. It's very useful for creating very complex setups in small spaces (e.g. superlarge airports that need tons of exits/entrances for high volume in a small space). From the tutorial on puzzle pieces it seems like it would take me way more time than I have these days with my job and SCAG projects, especially not having experience with transit modding :( 

Just throwing it out there since I think it has wide appeal.

Tarkus

Those inside exit/entrance pieces are something that's been planned for a long time.  There are some implementation-related things we're looking into with respect to those.

-Alex

mike3775

Quote from: Tarkus on December 03, 2012, 06:33:12 PM
Those inside exit/entrance pieces are something that's been planned for a long time.  There are some implementation-related things we're looking into with respect to those.

-Alex

Awesome.  I hate using left sided exits, but they are all over the place in Chicago, and they really would come in handy in the game if you want to build some complex interchanges like this one
(do a google map search for I-94 and Torrence Ave, and then scroll West(left) a little bit to see the I-94, I-294, and 394 interchange.  They recently redid that entire segment when they widened I-94 to 4 lanes and they took a huge traffic nightmare and improved it to the point it no longer has the issues it used to have(like accidents) and my cousin helped design that interchange)

Monorail Master

Awesome news on the progress!

But will there be more RHW bridges? Like Stone Arch bridges for RHW 2 -6S.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

Tarkus

Quote from: Monorail Master on December 04, 2012, 03:51:17 PM
But will there be more RHW bridges? Like Stone Arch bridges for RHW 2 -6S.

There will be more bridges, but I can't remember what styles.  We should have at least one for each network, except the 6C and 8C, which aren't possible without DBE trickery.

Development is still rolling along . . .

-Alex

Gugu3

Nice Alex!!!with"eveey network except rhw6-8c will have a bridge"you mean that we will have even a mis bridge?
Excellent work with l1rhw4

Gugu3

Wonderful!!
Thank you for all this amazing stuff

wschmrdr

Quote from: Tarkus on December 08, 2012, 01:38:53 AM
Quote from: Gugu3 on December 08, 2012, 01:34:51 AM
you mean that we will have even a mis bridge?

Yes.  We have a plain one lying around back. 

-Alex

When you say a bridge, are you talking like the ones over water, or a viaduct style bridge over land that we've been using? Has traffic been tested on it yet? I remember reading there was this issue when it came to tunnels, but I wasn't sure if the same held true for bridges...

Swordmaster

Quote from: wschmrdr on December 08, 2012, 04:43:46 AM
Quote from: Tarkus on December 08, 2012, 01:38:53 AM
Quote from: Gugu3 on December 08, 2012, 01:34:51 AM
you mean that we will have even a mis bridge?

Yes.  We have a plain one lying around back. 

-Alex

When you say a bridge, are you talking like the ones over water, or a viaduct style bridge over land that we've been using? Has traffic been tested on it yet? I remember reading there was this issue when it came to tunnels, but I wasn't sure if the same held true for bridges...

A bridge is a bridge, not a viaduct. We refer to the latter as L1/L2/L3. . . If it gets released, it's functional - the NAM doesn't release non-functional things. Tunnels are controlled by the EXE, bridges are not; that's why we can make custom bridges but not custom tunnels.

Cheers
Willy