• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SAM - Street Addon Mod

Started by jplumbley, June 25, 2007, 11:05:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andreas

Well, you won't have to wait that long, I think. ;)
Andreas

bwatterud

Just a little nit-pick (don't kill me ()testing()), but there's no reason to have the inner lane on the brick street roundabout. 

nerdly_dood

I should never have said anything; such a degree of confusion REALLY is a :angrymore: problem that results in a :'( combination of ()what() and ()borg() and %bur2$
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

j-dub

Speaking of confusion, I want to ad stopsigns to some of the texture varients or know how. This is the thing, whats the family for stopsigns and how would I edit this- Num220 type7ab50e44 group1abe787d instance5e557734 and another example- num315 same type same group, instance5e527704 ?  ??? are these allowed to be changed?

thundercrack83

Love the brick roundabout, my friend! Things are looking great around here, I can't wait to see more development!

jplumbley

@Jdub You can make your own set of T21s for SAM if you like.  Im just not going to help you after I tried to help you once already.

@bwatterud   I did not make these textures, but... we probably could have done without them.  They still look good in my opinion so Im not going to request they be changed.  And they definately wouldnt be changed before BETA v2

Well, I know this is far from even being started, but I have been thinking I want to play with the Bridge Controller a bit, maybe I can twist Jeronij's arm and get him to help me out a bit by making an experiment into making some SAM Bridges, if they are even possible.  Im not a modeller, but if we were to skin the models with a different SAM texture variation, we may be able to build a set of basic SAM bridges.

EDIT:

So the testing begins.

As you can see from the following picture, SAM Roundabouts, Intersections with OWR and new Cobblestone textures are in effect ready.

Other testers who have the files may start showing pictures IF you have the latest version of the NAM_Controller updated by Alex this afternoon on the NAM Private exchange.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

nerdly_dood

:'( i want it for a christmas present :thumbsup:
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.

Amazing work as always. Can't wait for this to be released.

Dexter

Looking great! I love the new cobblestone textures, they look much better  :thumbsup:.

Roundabouts look great, I have been waiting for them for ages  ;D.

Also, a small question: For some reason when using PEG gravel streets, the dead end textures don't show up and also the end tile goes opaque when dragging. Is this fixed in v.2, or am I missing something?
Why does one park on a driveway, and drive on a parkway?

Diggis

Diggis

Quote from: bwatterud on December 23, 2007, 03:24:11 PM
Just a little nit-pick (don't kill me ()testing()), but there's no reason to have the inner lane on the brick street roundabout. 

How right you are.  Once V2 is done and dusted I plan on going back and updating the entire set (don't tell Jason) and that will possiby be one of the changes. 

Jason, Great Pic, I do love that texture!

bat

Yes, a really nice pictures there! Also like the texture! :thumbsup:

Shadow Assassin

By the way, guys, Jason's pic of the cobblestone textures do not do it justice. You have to see it in game to admire the work Diggis has done.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

nerdly_dood

IDEA:  I just got an idea for diagonal SAM streets!  If some appropriate overhanging props are made, diagonal SAM streets can be made on flat ground (but this won't work on hills)

Great work so far

jplumbley

Quote from: jplumbley on June 25, 2007, 11:05:11 AM
PLEASE DO NOT ask about Diagonal Textures.  If it is possible then they may get done.  The original MAXIS Streets were not equipt with diagonal capabilities.  The Diagonal Streets are an addon made for the NAM, but due to the way they have been created there may be stability issues with making Diagonal Streets for SAM networks.  I am not promising anything about this.

Nerdly_Dood.... Read the readme!!
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Palpatine001

Tsk tsk for not reading the Readme...  ()sad()

Anycase the additions to the roundabout are lookin great and will be a finishing touch to cities with SAM in them.
My favourite being the bricks with the centre line and the black surface for industry.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: as always

Ummmm I noticed that coming back in for a look

The  :thumbsdown: was a pure accident - was meant to be as it is now the signatory Palpatine 4 thumbs up - hence the  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

My most humble regrets for any offense caused durring that error of mine

Forgot when hitting Save on a reply here it takes you back to the menu and not the thread like in other sites  :-[
Now Idle
Please leave a message after the beep and I'll get to you as soon as I can bother

nerdly_dood

i'm not saying that the actual textures themselves for diagonal SAM streets could be done, and that's not what i'm saying.  overhanging props are well known and , well, i think i would have been better off not saying anything.

Crissa

We probably should include diagonal or soft-curves for SAM submittals just in case, tho.

-Crissa

Andreas

Eh, you really should read that readme file.  "$Deal"$  It doesn't say that it's not possible to make them, but that there are certain technical limitations. The NAM doesn't use fake stuff like overhanging props, but only functional items. Apart from that, new items need time to develop, and time is something that isn't available in huge amounts...
Andreas

Diggis

Please don't talk about diagonals as everytime I swear a fairy dies! ::)