• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The FrankU and Nexis CO-OP

Started by mrbisonm, December 14, 2011, 06:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kergelen

Wow!!
Incredible fields and very well designed, with many details.
You are doing a huge and impressive farming lots. &apls &apls

Links to SC4 websites

gn_leugim

Amazing!! where can I get them?  ;D ;D ;D ;D

mrbisonm

Wonderful! The non-seasonal fields are just fine too. Don't worry about them not being wonderful.

I am about to finish the Part one of the models, the mainbuildings. Hopefully at the latest on monday, I will post them here and send you the propfiles.
I hope you will have time to look at them seriously, Frank, because I only quickly tested them. Thanks

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

mave94

Those farm fields looks great! I like the way you've made them seasonal.
It'll be a great addition.  :thumbsup:

FrankU

I decided to release the fields as a separate pack, meaning that the Dutch Farms Set will have another dependency  :( .
But this is more friendly towards people who want to use my fields for their own farms, but don;t want my farms.
I am working on the read me at this moment (well, within 15 minutes anyway). The wait is for Rambucke to finsish her maize props and to upload the prop pack to the STEX or Simkurier, so that all of you can download this file.
This may take a while, though, because rambuckel is buying herself a house....

And Fred: when your props arrive I will not only look at them, but also scrutinize them as good as I can and if something is wrong with them I will..... I will.... send you feedback and hope you can repair whatever it was that was wrong. But I guess that all will be fine and then I'll finish the lots!

And thanks for the compliments!

mrbisonm

Ok Frank, you mean to tell us that we have a choice to use or not to use your new fields, right? I guess the farmset you'll make will grow with regular fields, maxis or others and we don't need that dependency?

Just to make that clear.

For myself, no problem, you can be sure that these fields above will find a place in my Plugins for sure! ;)

You'll get the first Proppack before next weekend, sorry, I was away for the weekend, on wife's order.......   &mmm

Fred

FrankU

No no! My farms will use only my own fields. So they are a dependency.

Rambuckel sent me the final props today, so the set can be ready within a week. We just need to wait until the props are uploaded!

Publising is at hand....

The farms set will have to wait a bit though.

gn_leugim

FrankU

I finished the set. Almost.

There was just one thing I had to change and that was the Maize Field.

This is the new image

So what did I change? And why?
The Maize Rambuckel made especially on my request is beautiful. On a larger field, though, you could see the repetition a bit too much to my taste, so Rambuckel and I decided that I make small variations of the prop by rotating it in all four directions. For this I made three clones of the s3d files of the original model. These three clones were rotated with Cogeo's Models Tweaker. Then I added everything to the field.
(you can imagine that I am proud of the fact that I can do all this and so want to show off a bit)

Because I now have four props of the full grown Maize I changed the field so that indeed there are four steps of one week each in which a crop grows.
So that's it.
You like the result?

Now I have to wait for Framly to upload the files for you to download them. Then I have to edit the Readme file, check everything and upload the bunch.

So wait just a little bit more!

RickD

It sure was a lot of work but the result is great. The plants grow in rows like on a real farm field but not uniform.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

gn_leugim

That was a good idea. You could also scale it slightly to add more variety, or export the fsh and import new ones, with different hue values I guess :)

rambuckel

That's a really presentable result! Thanks for your patience :)

Theresa
Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!

noahclem

That's really an excellent collaboration  &apls  The result definitely does not look repetitive and I'll look forward to the availability of the download. Great work  :thumbsup:

FrankU

I hope you will find out it was worth waiting for.

The set of Dutch Farm Fields is finally available on the STEX.

I hope I can get some sleep now!
Let me please hear if something bothers you, is inappropriate or incorrect. I will then rework and re-upload the set as soon as possible.
I did my best and hope all is well, but I am not such a good scrutinizer and it's not hard to overlook some detail in a set like this.

And now onto the Farms Set!

FrankU

gn_leugim

mrbisonm

Hey FrankU,

I am sorry that I sent you the picturs in zipx file. I have no idea why my freaking zip program makes zipx files all of sudden, even myself I cannot open them.....strange or what?

Anyways, I have decided to show the Staphorsts here. Like I said in the p-message, these are about 10% advanced, nothing is final and everything is still experimental, but I don't know if I will like where I am going with this. Textures and details are not to be considered , I only tried some on to see the model with more colours.
The model itself seems to look ok in the gmax, once rendered it doesn't have the same look. Maybe it is the Maxis view of angle that does it.
Do you want me to continue this project or do I abandon it? Maybe a shorter version will look better? Let me know, and you decided to continue, I will try my best. ;)

Fred

[img=http://www27.zippyshare.com/thumb/31256431/file.html]http://[/img]

[img=http://www27.zippyshare.com/thumb/94888375/file.html][/img]

[img=http://www27.zippyshare.com/thumb/41219463/file.html]http://[/img]

[img=http://www27.zippyshare.com/thumb/66404428/file.html][/img]

FrankU

Hi Fred,

Well.... to be honest. I will never ever say to you: don't continue, give up! It's completely up to you, considering your own personal mix of fun, time and perseverance.
But if you choose to continue, I beg you to do one thing: make the planes of the roof flat! You made them curved, but in principle the roof planes are flat. They might look a bit curved here and there, but that is because of the imperfections in the houses. With these curves you will never get them Dutch, because nowhere there are curved roofs on Dutch farms. So this will make the modelling a lot easier, no?
If you can give your roof this saddle-shape it will look fantastic, but even if you make the roof straight it might become a very beautiful object as long as you can get the facades, the brick and the thatch right.
So, consider your options.

But great effort already. Good!

mrbisonm

I had a closer look at those pictures i have from you FrankU and......maybe I should have put on my glasses before, but I could have sworn that the roof of the Staphorst was a saddleback shape....but it ain't. Sorry 'bout that. I guess that this will make it easier for me to BAT now......lol.
But..........

On second though, I will keep that building for myself as an older barn that has done its time, use old planks on it and make some holes in the roof covered with wooden shingles.

Fred

FrankU

Yeah, sure! Never throw anything away until you are sure it is worthless. The shape is definitely useful for something else.

mike3775

Quote from: FrankU on April 09, 2012, 12:32:56 PM
I hope you will find out it was worth waiting for.

The set of Dutch Farm Fields is finally available on the STEX.

I hope I can get some sleep now!
Let me please hear if something bothers you, is inappropriate or incorrect. I will then rework and re-upload the set as soon as possible.
I did my best and hope all is well, but I am not such a good scrutinizer and it's not hard to overlook some detail in a set like this.

And now onto the Farms Set!

FrankU

I finally got around to downloading this and installing it today Frank.  Awesome job, its nice getting some variety in farms now, thanks to people like you and Goober and mrbisonm.