• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

JP Schriefer's BATs

Started by JP Schriefer, August 10, 2015, 07:04:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankU

Quote from: Schriefer on December 21, 2015, 07:04:41 PM
Now it looks better to guess. What I would really want to know from you is about that ugly wall in one of the sides. The building is w2w and it's really like that. I'm thinking about not do that way. Do you guys think that doing that side like the others will be better indeed? Only the bottom of the building being w2w.

Yes, I think you shoud do the tower as stand alone. The lowest part can be W2W, but maybe it would be better to give that also a facade, because towers in SC4 tend to be stand alone objects. And if we want it to use in a W2W situation, we can do that too and just hide the facade behind the other building.

deora

Hey,that`s Manhattans Hearst Tower,isn`t it?
Looking good so far.Yep,the W2W Section on this Building is a little bit tricky.Not sure how they made it on the Original Building.The old Art Deco Base is a true W2W but i`m not sure about the Glass Part.
Sure i would love it as a pure W2W but it seems that others have a differentOpinion.
However you do it,it will really look great.Can`t wait to plop this Baby in my City. :bnn:

romualdillo

Great work!! I love the glass roof!!  &apls

JP Schriefer

c.p.: thank you very much! I'm also thinking about to the other building next to it :)

Reddonquixote: thank you! I'll try to improve it   :thumbsup:

Seraf: thank you! :)

FrankU: I'm thinking about to several versions now  :P

Deora: thank you very much! :)

Romualdillo: thank you :)

I've nothing to show today, I just came here to say Magnolia Building is now on the LEX!

Here you go: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3328

Girafe

Amazing building, congrats  &apls &apls &apls
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Vizoria

A very snazzy building! Is it W2W by any chance?

noahclem

Beautiful work on this building  &apls

romualdillo

Congratulations!!! It's a masterpiece!  &apls

mattb325

It is a really splendid model and recreation. Well done! :thumbsup:

JP Schriefer

Girafe, noahclem, romualdillo, mattb325: thank you!

Vizoria: thank you! The sides are not exactly w2w due to the awnings, but it's almost like w2w. The back of the building is.

I will stop updating most BATs because I need to focus at the Maracanã Rio Project while my holidays are not over. The Maracanã and the ramps are 100% modeled, I still need to change some textures but nothing complicated. But there are still important parts of Maracanãzinho to do.
If someone wants to help me make the advertising boards that are around the Maracana soccer field I would be delighted. The dimensions of each advertisement are 1.0 x 6.5 meters. There are 17 sponsors. Anyway, if anyone wants to help: http://www.rio2016.com/mais/patrocinadores

By the way, do you know what's the LEX file size limit? I'm afraid Maracanã's size is going to be huge.

Andreas

It used to be 10 MB or so, but that doesn't seem to be a restriction anymore, I've uploaded a 24 MB file to the advent calendar without any problems (apart from taking longer than with a small file, obviously). If everything fails, the file can be uploaded via FTP by the admins, too.
Andreas

JP Schriefer

Andreas: thank you! I think it'll be 20~27 Mb, it may be ok :)

Sorry about be flooding my own thread, I forgot we have not a Rio Project thread here.

Arcos da Lapa HD and SD. Click to see it full sized.
It will be separated in 2 pieces (2x1), one with the tram and the other without it, so you can make it the size you want. Originally it has ~270 meters.
Textures are just tests for now.

romualdillo

Looks great!!!  &apls

I'd take out the protection glass. I thik it will lead to transparency problems... What about planning a transit enabled version?

c.p.

Good looking model so far :thumbsup:

So this is going to be a lot, and not a bridge?

mattb325

It's looking great - I had to google a few pictures of the real thing - I can say that I wouldn't appreciate dangling out of the side of those open tram-cars  &mmm

JP Schriefer

romualdillo: thank you! Actually that's a fence, it doesn't look good indeed. It won't be transit enabled because its dimensions won't fit in-game. It's only 2,5 meters wide.

c.p.: thank you! Yes, but it will be eye-candy anyway.

mattb325: thank you! Neither I :D

I started some buildings while I was traveling, the Palácio do Planalto (Planalto Palace, is where is located the office of the Brazillian President and several other rooms related to the government. Also I'm doing the building where my aunt lives because I like the windows 8)

I'll do two versions to the Planalto Palace, the full lot as I show below (11x11) and a reduced one (9x6) with just  the building itself with the water mirror and the ramp. Both will have custom LODs. About the grass, it will be from the game, the grass texture here is on preview just to show the size of the lot. I just need to choose right textures and do good effects on glass and water :)

Zoom 5, click to see them full-sized.

And this is my aunt's building. It's 2x2 but the lot will be 3x3. I'll also do a HD version. A lot of things to do yet D:

HD:

matias93

Finally, a brasiliense building for SC4!!! The Planalto Palace looks way more blocky from upside, but in any case is the perfect addition to any gubernamental district.

I imagine that with all your other projects, there's no time for another bat, but it would be great to see this one complemented by the Congress building (there is a very raw version in ST, and I'm sure you can do an impressive representation).

In any case, to be patient in waiting this wonders to be done is always easier when seeing such great advances; months feel like days that way.

"Lets be scientists and as such, remember always that the purpose of politics is not freedom, nor authority, nor is any principle of abstract character,
but it is to meet the social needs of man and the development of the society"

— Valentín Letelier, 1895

reddonquixote

The palace looks amazing JP, I really like the glass material you have used.

I missed the viaduct, that looks great too!

So many good projects, keep it up  :thumbsup:
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

JP Schriefer

matias93: all main buildings from Niemeyer in Brasília are in my plans, I just don't know when I'll be able to make them hahaha

reddonquixote: thank you very much! :)

A building that was in the closet. I only had time to render now, the Great Southwest Life Building from Houston:

It will be only SD of course, but I did a HD preview just to see how the lost details in SD look :D

I realized that the residential building's windows are being replaced by square windows slowly. I preferred to keep the original model in all windows:

Vizoria

Those are great building models, and the Great Southwest Life Building looks like it would work great with NYBT buildings. Is this building W2W by any chance?