• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lollo

First of all, thanks to everybody for the positive feedback. Take in mind that this is the very first bat for me and i still have some problems on texturingand of course, modelling.

Haljackey: since it's based on buddybud's lots it will use the subway network, so it won't be udi compatible.
j-dub: i've already planned to make signage for this, but i really don't know which signs i'd use. however, this will be an overhanging thingie so, although is 1x1, can cover a 2x1 surface to blend perfectly with slopes.

i hope i'll be able to post ingame pics soon

Keep an eye on the Lair!

Palpatine001

Lollo that is some very fine work there indeed  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Will be great to see this added to future additions to the RHW

If the lots convert road traffic to subway traffic then back to road traffic, its going to be like the Big Dig set.

Hmmm that means will it take both cars and buses like Big Dig does after some tweaking?
Now Idle
Please leave a message after the beep and I'll get to you as soon as I can bother

Jonathan

You can't convert Cars and Buses to subway at the same time, it's possible but when you convert the subway back into Cars and Buses, Cars can become buses and Buses and become Cars. It is possible to have carsw as cars on subway but if anynetwork is placed over it the tunnel will not function, so that's kind of useless.

MandelSoft

Nice tunnel Model :thumbsup: :thumbsup: . Can't wait to see ingame pictures
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

DJSun1981

My english is very bad, but I hope you understand my sentences:
I build with the RHW and I miss some single-lane parts and single-lane crossroads
I will build such crosses with the RHW:

with the current RHW, I can't build such streets  :'(

My question: Are in the next-RHW-Version some single-lane parts included?

----DJSun1981

Nique

Quote from: DJSun1981 on March 15, 2008, 08:02:20 AM
My english is very bad, but I hope you understand my sentences:
I build with the RHW and I miss some single-lane parts and single-lane crossroads
I will build such crosses with the RHW:

with the current RHW, I can't build such streets  :'(

My question: Are in the next-RHW-Version some single-lane parts included?

----DJSun1981

Exacly! I hope you guys will work on those single lane stuff, it has a lot of potential!! For example, i have made a workaround...

But its all about this:

Some nice 1 to 2 lane single road piece should fix and make a lot of us happy i think.

Proudly developer of

Nique

Quote from: Warrior on March 15, 2008, 03:12:55 PM
You know you can drag the MIS (single lane stuff) straight into an Avenue without it converting into OWR.

Yes but i miss traffic lights, i want the single lane expand to 2 lanes. then (later) turnlanes and traffic lights ;)

I was experimenting with a roundabout.

Is it possible to gentle curve a one-way lane?
Proudly developer of

rickmastfan67

Quote from: ne0que on March 15, 2008, 05:17:03 PM
Is it possible to gentle curve a one-way lane?

It might be in the future, but it isn't @ this time.

Oh, and ne0que, FYI, PNG files aren't the best file type to use when showing off screenshots from inside of SC4.  Try using JPG format next time.  Also, if you need some tips on creating proper file sized JPG's, check out my sig for information on that. ;)
-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

j-dub

Warrior is the OWR end method wrong? I have used both methods to end MIS ramps. I have noticed I had a oneway at a avenue intersection, and drew the MIS right over, traffic lights stayed, despite it was single lane MIS on both sides of the cross over. Realistically though, I usually connect OWR to ramps because they have turn lanes before the intersection, which is a great use of mis ramps ending at one ways, maybe a SL to RHW 4 and a texture fix on SL to OWR in addition? Not to rush you guys on the SL stuff, but Ne0que is right with alot of potential. Well since onewy isn't, is curved RHW 6 is out of ?

Shadow Assassin

Transitioning MIS into OWR isn't really wrong, but it just hasn't been modded yet. We're trying to encourage people to avoid the situation until we can get it working correctly, though.

It'd be nice to see a MIS > OWR transition, and it's quite simple to add in, so really, we got to wait for Tarkus to add the functionality in.

Maybe we'll see it happen soon.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Lollo

Here is an update for my tunnel, probably this is its definitive shape. I've fixed the road texture and added signage as requested. Ingame pics ASAP, I'm experimenting brown boxes problems... Of course, feedback is widely appreciated... ;D.

Keep an eye on the Lair!

bat

Nice update there on your tunnels, Lollo! :thumbsup:

Toichus Maximus

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on March 17, 2008, 06:40:23 PM
Transitioning MIS into OWR isn't really wrong, but it just hasn't been modded yet. We're trying to encourage people to avoid the situation until we can get it working correctly, though.

It'd be nice to see a MIS > OWR transition, and it's quite simple to add in, so really, we got to wait for Tarkus to add the functionality in.

Maybe we'll see it happen soon.
Actually, it'd be nicer to do an MIS to  rhw-4 transfer. This would allow for the rhw-4 to double as an MIS-2, as well as make some interchanges a tad easier.

j-dub

@Lollo, Thats exactly the right type of signage! Can't wait to see how it connects to RHW for real.

Nique

Hey,

Why cant i use this file zzz_RHWmodV2.dat.

In this file i see european textures, but they do not apair in game?
Proudly developer of

Jonathan

The newest version of the RHW was overhauled completely on a technical side, a side effect of this is that the Euor modd does not work with the latest version, but a new one was/is being made.

Lollo

...And finally I got it!

Here are the ingame pics...! There's much space for improvement, but it's a beginning!

As you can see, the thing blends nicely with the slope, and there are not evident problems with its connection to the rhw network (just a slight texture difference). Plus, it is correctly TE'd to convert cars to subway. Personally I'm happy with it. Now I'll start making it more eye pleasant. 

Keep an eye on the Lair!

j-dub

Could you put a guard rail at the top? You wouldn't even need to re-bat it with that. jes props guard rail would be a good type. Other than that, it looks perfect. :thumbsup:

Palpatine001

PNGs... &sly

Anycase, must get my city open where I had Big Dig taking both Buses and Cars at the same time with very little errors in the system. Either that or I am going to find a massive bug that I have missed for the last 2 years  ?=mad)=

Ah well time to get back to the testing again, havent done that in a while, last time it was several  ()testing() ; some more  %bur2$ and heaps of  &dd before State Highway 21 Big Dig worked

Will get back on this  ()lurker()
Now Idle
Please leave a message after the beep and I'll get to you as soon as I can bother