• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomas Diamond

Quote from: Tarkus on November 17, 2008, 11:50:01 AM
Yes, that is an actual piece in Version 3.0.  I do, however, plan on producing an "aftermarket" mod some time after the RHW Version 3.0 release that will re-path/re-texture that piece to have the right lane end instead.  It'll be a one or the other option. 

-Alex (Tarkus)
Does the RHW -10 have puzzle pices like the RHW 4/8 spliter, where you would have 1,2 or even 3 exit only lanes?

Tarkus

Quote from: Thomas Diamond on November 17, 2008, 03:58:06 PM
Does the RHW -10 have puzzle pices like the RHW 4/8 spliter, where you would have 1,2 or even 3 exit only lanes?

No.  The only RHW-10 interface pieces are single exit lanes, just like Ramp Styles A and B for the RHW-4 in Version 2.0.  Those pieces you've asked about are planned for future releases, though. :)

zakuten, as requested, here's a little peek at the RHW-2.  Aside from the fact that there's now ramp interfaces (4 of them, A and B, plus "dual" versions with ramps on both sides), there's not really much new added, other than covering everything that was covered in Version 2.0 with new textures.

There are plans to eventually have optional Left Turn Lanes (set up similarly to jplumbley's new Road Turn Lanes Plugin), which should arrive in a future release, along with (at long last) diagonal intersection textures.

Quote from: kj3400 on November 16, 2008, 10:34:43 PM
I'd love to know what's on that list... :P

Well, it's really long.  I've probably got my work cut out for me for the next 3-4 years at least if I were to make everything on it.  ;)

-Alex (Tarkus)

Monorail Master

Why, that's a pretty good request. so with it you can build a diamond interchange with a RHW-2 and a RHW-2 to RHW-10 :thumbsup:
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

metarvo

Now I should be able to make slip lanes for a RHW-2 x RHW-2 intersection.  This is the real deal, Alex.

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Tarkus

Just an FYI . . . I've at least temporarily unlocked RHW Version 2.0.  So if you're don't already have it and want to give it a go before the new one comes out, have at it.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Pat

LoL Alex does that mean you should restate your statement on________________________________

QuoteRural Highway Mod Version 2.0 (Beta)--No Longer Available or Supported

So anyways does that mean that there is a glitch that wasnt expected and pushed a possible release back further then sooner and that is why 2.0 is back?

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Patricius Maximus

I've seen some people requesting v2.0, and finding out that it was locked. He's probably giving them one last chance (or is it something else...)

itsacoaster

Hi Tarkus,

I registered here solely to monitor the progress of RHW 3.0, and I am astonished at how it has developed so far.  I do have a question, and obviously you don't have to answer it since you said you like to include surprises.

Will there be a splitter for a RHW-4 into two MIS lanes going the same direction?  Like, for example, if I use a stretch of RHW-4 as collector-distributor lanes for a cloverleaf interchange or something of that nature, and have the right lane "exit" into the cloverleaf and have the left lane merge into the highway?

Again, impressive work.

metarvo

IMHO, Alex has probably thought of some more incredible additions to add to the new RHW, and 2.0 is back open because the release may be delayed. $%Grinno$%  I'm kidding about the delay, of course, since there has never been a release date to begin with, but I'm positive that Alex is adding something to 3.0.  The suspense is building... :D
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Toichus Maximus

I'm becoming more suspicious of a completely new NAM release. I mean, now we have the FAR/R, SLR, RHW 3.0, and some of Choco's new bridges, not to mention a new draggable electrified rail mod. That's a lot of new features coming out all at the same time, some of which have been in alpha testing for at least a month...

Haljackey

Quote from: itsacoaster on November 18, 2008, 09:28:19 AM
Will there be a splitter for a RHW-4 into two MIS lanes going the same direction?

Simple answer:  yes.  There was a pic of the splitter in development a few pages back and I can confirm that Tarkus is working on it.

darraghf

i doubt that they will all be merged into one big release guys. The reason that things like hsrp and rhw are not included with the nam is because they are optional.
Darraghf on SC4D, Rainyday on ST, Darraghflah on Simpeg

Toichus Maximus

I'm not saying it'd be merged, just that there are a lot of NAM related stuff in the almost-finished pile, and that seems to presage a release.

Tarkus

Patricius and metarvo, you're both right, actually.  The 3.0 release is taking a little longer than I initially expected (I had in fact been secretly shooting for a date which has now passed ;)), and it's probably a bit unfair to keep 2.0 locked up for more than a couple weeks. 

And yes, there is indeed a rather small but extraordinarily useful surprise planned for Version 3.0.  You may find some hints of it if you very carefully read my big FAQ post.  You'd probably only notice it if you had read it before in depth.

itsacoaster, welcome to SC4D!  And as Haljackey mentioned, there will indeed be a splitter like you mentioned.  Had to reach back to Page 177 to find it.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Streetlight 725

Nice update!
The RHW splits.I never seen that before

un1

I read over the FAQ post, I didn't find any hints... But I am bad at finding hints but I did notice something.

You said, RHW 3.0 will only use traffic simulator A or B.
When installing the NAM it gives you a long set of options for your custom traffic simulators, if you make a custom traffic simulator is it considered A or B or as custom? Or will I have to change my simulator to A or B when installing the RHW?

-un1

zakuten

@ Tarkus with the RHW-2 ramps Oh, wow, awesome. Perfect in every way~ I can't wait to use those babies. :D
Visit my MD Respublikii Anaksii , or the reboot CJ "Kara`i Shores" since the region wiped, at http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=919 !
All comments are welcome! (Hopefully someday I can re-splice 'em together, but we'll see)

itsacoaster

Thanks to both Tarkus and Haljackey for their responses.  Not sure how I missed that picture a few pages back, as I've been keeping pretty close tabs.

Thanks again, and I look forward to the final release!!  &apls :thumbsup:

bob56

You can call me Grif

--Currently out of the office, will resume SC4 7/19

Haljackey

Quote from: itsacoaster on November 18, 2008, 02:59:13 PM
Thanks to both Tarkus and Haljackey for their responses.  Not sure how I missed that picture a few pages back, as I've been keeping pretty close tabs.

No problem!  It happens to the best of us  :P

Quote from: bob56 on November 18, 2008, 04:04:39 PM
is there any GLR Crossings?

Yep, in fact they're included in the current version (version 2.0).