• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nerdly_dood

Quote from: woodb3kmaster on October 25, 2009, 11:32:35 PM
It's not just Oregon that gives rest stops exit numbers. Caltrans does it too
Virginia also uses exit numbers - they're numbered mostly by the nearest mile marker. (Only interstate exits are numbered; grade-separated US routes don't use mile markers, and their exits aren't numbered)

And I think North Carolina has exit numbers, and I'm certain Tennessee does too.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

deathtopumpkins

All states have exit numbers. It's federal law for interstates. What was odd was the fact that a rest area had a signed exit number, which is something the other states you mentioned do not do.

And by the way, Virginia does give some non-interstate freeways exit numbers. ;)
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

KoV Liberty

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

j-dub

Yikes! What is this we are debating about exiting the Rural Highway to go to a rest stop? Guys, I think we need to steer this car back onto the path of Rural Highway, before we get busted for driver distraction and swerving off the path.

danielra96

i agree with j dub
btw that is a great picture ;D

KoV Liberty

Adrian, I miss you man.

j-dub

Thanks, but don't tell them I did that, because it is not exactly photoshopped, you see how the control box is unlocked, and open right there? Speaking of which, I just had to put that there, because I just did not want to see this development get locked. I know there is anticipation for the next one, and the one after that, but seriously when you look at the first version of the RHW, compared to what we have now, you count your blessings, kind of like that certain holiday that is coming up, all the way near the end of November. Alex would tell you all about it, in the RHW poll. Source: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=8635.msg285319#msg285319

Ramona Brie

Quote from: deathtopumpkins on November 01, 2009, 06:44:22 AM
All states have exit numbers. It's federal law for interstates. What was odd was the fact that a rest area had a signed exit number, which is something the other states you mentioned do not do.

And by the way, Virginia does give some non-interstate freeways exit numbers. ;)

Phoenix has three state route freeways and a US route freeway, all with exit numbers, in addition to two Interstates.

dragonshardz

Wait, three state routes? Only ones I know of are the 202 and the 101. What's the third?

tooheys

My guess, State Route 51. Though I am an Aussie and a long way away  :)

woodb3kmaster

Yes, AZ-51 is definitely the third. I've driven down that highway many times. But there's also the Loop 303, although that one's not currently a freeway.

I'd like to steer this discussion back on topic, but I'm afraid I can't think of any recent RHW developments to talk about :(

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

dragonshardz

Well, we are talking about highways, so it's technically on topic. I've never heard of the Loop 303, though, and AZ-51 is new one on me.

Anyway, anyone in the Phoenix area knows that the Loop 202 was recently made a true loop. One thing I am looking forward to in RHW 4.0 is ERHW-6, 8, and 10, not to mention related exits and ground versions.

Tarkus

Quote from: dragonshardz on November 06, 2009, 01:06:14 AM
One thing I am looking forward to in RHW 4.0 is ERHW-6, 8, and 10, not to mention related exits and ground versions.

That's more likely to be in RHW 5.0.  The only likely new network is the RHW-8C, though there's a slight possibility of ERHW-2 or RHW-3 in some form.  Also, there are no other ramp types in the works for any of the elevated networks at this time.

Here's how things are shaping up for 4.0:

• Vastly improved stability
  • New diagonal intersections/overpasses for RHW-4 and MIS Ramps (and their elevated versions)
  • Single-Point Urban Interchange (SPUI) and Diverging Diamond Interchange (DDI) puzzle pieces
  • Wide Radius Curves for RHW-2 and MIS Ramps
  • Fractional Angle Pieces for various networks
  • TuLEPs
  • FLEXFly flyover ramp system
  • RHW-8C network
  • More bridges
  • New ramp interfaces, notably including a number of RHW-6C additions
  • A fix for the Wider RHW curves
  • New textures
  • A "top-secret" feature or two

We still have a number of loose ends on all those features, so it might be awhile still.  "Awhile" being an undefined unit of time, as per our usual modus operandi.

Here's stuff we're looking at with future releases in the long-term (not in 4.0):

• More widths of elevated networks
  • Additional heights for elevated networks (read: exponential increase in interchange possibilities)
  • Exploration of "ultra-wide" RHWs (diagonals being a limiting factor)
  • Further expansion of ramp interface repertoire
  • Incremental expansions to features across the board

And we're back on topic now. ;)

-Alex

bob56

That summery looks great! I can't wait!

So the TuLEPS are going to be integrated into 4.0, not as its own plugin?

Great to see this back on track!
You can call me Grif

--Currently out of the office, will resume SC4 7/19

io_bg

I also can't wait for the new release! ;D I hope it's imminent :D
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

Bobbi

2010.8.4 - I get on SC4D with PSP. So cool.:D
2010.8.14 - I can get on the Internet at home.:)

Korot

Quote from: bob56 on November 06, 2009, 07:45:55 AM
That summery looks great! I can't wait!

So the TuLEPS are going to be integrated into 4.0, not as its own plugin?

Great to see this back on track!

I assume he means that the RHW TuLEPs will be included with the RHW mod, and that the other TULEPs will be released with the main NAM.

Regards,
Korot

Tarkus

Quote from: io_bg on November 06, 2009, 08:06:35 AM
I hope it's imminent :D

Uh oh . . . the i-word again. :D  I don't think we're really anywhere close to calling things "imminent".  It's been slow progress for the most part, but we'll get there eventually. ;)

Quote from: Korot on November 06, 2009, 08:34:54 AM
I assume he means that the RHW TuLEPs will be included with the RHW mod, and that the other TULEPs will be released with the main NAM.

Yes, that's correct.  The "Maxis network" TuLEP distribution scheme has yet to be worked out, though NAM Core inclusion is a very good possibility.

-Alex

io_bg

Quote from: Tarkus on November 06, 2009, 01:40:44 PM
Uh oh . . . the i-word again. :D  I don't think we're really anywhere close to calling things "imminent".  It's been slow progress for the most part, but we'll get there eventually. ;)
Okay, I wish you good luck with making the new release of this great mod :) (and I secretly hope that it'll be available sooner that you've expected $%#Ninj2 ;D)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

KoV Liberty

That is an awesome list of new stuff for V4!

Adrian, I miss you man.