• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

awake_78

The problem is quite a bit more complicated then that. It's not just the politicians get involved but the majority of the people whos interests are with corrupted politicians... Anyway a new wave of immigration is about to start soon.
I think it would be because we won't have good enough roads.... :D

woodb3kmaster

Quote from: awake_78 on March 26, 2010, 04:37:30 AM
Anyway a new wave of immigration is about to start soon.
I think it would be because we won't have good enough roads.... :D
Presumably you mean emigration? If they're leaving your country, it's emigration; if they're coming to your country, it's immigration. (Not trying to be a jerk or anything like that, it's just the teacher side of me coming out :) )

Anyway, let's see if I can get this thread back on topic... I've already expressed my amazement at, and gratitude for, the FLEXFly puzzle piece, but I'm wondering if there will be more than one such piece or not. I can imagine plenty of uses for a 45° piece or a wider-radius 90° piece...

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

Blue Lightning

Eventually, yes, there will be various FLEXFly pieces. In v4.0 you'll only have the FLEXFly Type A1-15 (EMIS-1 (15M) Yellow-Inside) 90 degree
I generally have it plotted as such:
Type B1-15 (Yellow-Outside) 90 degree
Type A2-15 (45 degree Yellow-Inside)
and so forth. RHW-4 versions are also planned.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

jdenm8

It's all so exciting. These new pieces will make interchanges look far better.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

awake_78

Quote from: woodb3kmaster on March 26, 2010, 04:30:12 PM
Presumably you mean emigration? If they're leaving your country, it's emigration; if they're coming to your country, it's immigration. (Not trying to be a jerk or anything like that, it's just the teacher side of me coming out :) )

You re right sorry for my poor english.....

Patricius Maximus

Quote from: Tarkus on March 21, 2010, 12:36:52 PM
While that won't be the case for Version 4.0, that is something being looked into for one of the 4.x series releases.

-Alex

Add-on releases after the main thing adding in more starter pieces? That sounds interesting to me.

jdenm8

Who was it that said that Australian RHW textures would be cool?
I could do them after assessment finishes at university (in a fortnight). Use my photoshop skills for good, not evil.
I think it would be a good first project for me (snice I can't model for crap and don't have the creativity for the Lot Editor) if that's allright.

They would be based on the Queensland system though as that's where I live (and have frequent access to).

MandelSoft

Quote from: jdenm8 on March 30, 2010, 01:26:41 AM
Who was it that said that Australian RHW textures would be cool?
I could do them after assessment finishes at university (in a fortnight). Use my photoshop skills for good, not evil.
Trust me, it will probably take longer. From my experience of the RHW Euro TRM I mad, you should expect two months work. Nonetheless, I wish you luck ;)

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

jdenm8

I meant start it after assessment finishes.
(It's also my first mod so I might need some help)

ecoba

Well, Shadow Assassin is currently working on his Euro Textures mod that are based off of Australian textures to be released shortly after Version 4.0. (I think this was the plan.) Since Daniel is Australian he bases them off of the Australian textures but then makes them to more of an international standard. Correct me if I'm wrong on any of this.

Ethan

jdenm8

If it's not needed that's fine. I might have a hand at the BAT and try to do Brisbane Tower &Thk/(.

I thought I could do a more Australia-specific version with a couple differences (Like a more obvious way to tell direction of travel than the width of the shoulder and maybe exit patterns).

Shadow Assassin

Quote from: mrtnrln
Trust me, it will probably take longer. From my experience of the RHW Euro TRM I mad, you should expect two months work. Nonetheless, I wish you luck ;)

Best,
Maarten

Oh, it'll take longer than that. :D

Quote from: ecobaWell, Shadow Assassin is currently working on his Euro Textures mod that are based off of Australian textures to be released shortly after Version 4.0. (I think this was the plan.) Since Daniel is Australian he bases them off of the Australian textures but then makes them to more of an international standard. Correct me if I'm wrong on any of this.

Yup, this is correct.

Most Australian road markings are already 'international' to an extent, anyway.

Quote from: jdenm8(Like a more obvious way to tell direction of travel than the width of the shoulder and maybe exit patterns).

If you're thinking cat's-eyes, these are kind of difficult to put into place in RHW because some textures are mirrored rather than flipped, particularly with puzzle pieces. Keep that in mind if you're doing textures - it's best to keep them as unidirectional as possible.

As for exit markings (on my texture set, anyway) - onramps don't have chevrons, offramps have them. I can add onramp chevrons easily, if that's what you're wondering.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

jdenm8

Add the chevrons on the on-ramps... they'll look more uniform that way. :thumbsup:

With the catseyes, you could do the red on one side and the white on the other (like they are in RL). Just a couple of pixels, that's how they used to be anyway (solid colour). That way, if they're flipped, then the indicated direction of travel will be correct with the flip.
I can't remember which way they are around though. ;D

That's all I could think of anyway.

If all this goes into the Euro mod I may as well not bother as all of the differences will already be there!  :D

I do like the Euro Textures Mod though, but I have been hankering off downloading.

Thinks of something else to do. &Thk/(

Tarkus

Quote from: jdenm8 on March 31, 2010, 07:18:13 AM
With the catseyes, you could do the red on one side and the white on the other (like they are in RL). Just a couple of pixels, that's how they used to be anyway (solid colour). That way, if they're flipped, then the indicated direction of travel will be correct with the flip.
I can't remember which way they are around though. ;D

The straight orthogonal pieces don't have any issues, but it gets to be a massive mess with any sort of curve or intersection or puzzle piece.  It was attempted to an extent with RHW 2.0, but it was such a nightmare to work with, even with the limited extent of the networks then, so it was canned for RHW 3.0. 

Those couple of pixels would effectively require re-writing tens of thousands of lines of RULs, likely writing thousands of new lines of RULs (creating some serious "code bloat" and decreasing stability along the way), and would (at least) double the number of Instance IDs necessary.  In addition, it would greatly increase the filesize of the mod, and slow the rate of development of new features quite dramatically.  There's too many drawbacks.

If you're really wanting cat's eyes/reflectors, go for solid colors for a textural built-in, or if you're really, really into the whole red/white thing, use T21s and flat props in place of textural built-ins--the latter's a fair bit of work, but it keeps the mod's coding lean and stable, and there are ways to optimize the props such that they'll look even sharper than if they were built-ins.

-Alex

jdenm8

I'll keep to myself next time.

I didn't know that to mnake a simple suggestion that you needed to have an extensive knowledge of the inner workings of the RHW, NAM and SC4 itself.

:thumbsdown:

Andreas

Well, you know, developing the NAM isn't an easy task - similar to the task of building a swing. ;)

Andreas

zakuten

Being a business student. That is an amazing picture.
Visit my MD Respublikii Anaksii , or the reboot CJ "Kara`i Shores" since the region wiped, at http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=919 !
All comments are welcome! (Hopefully someday I can re-splice 'em together, but we'll see)

jdenm8

Aside from the (obviously out of line) offer of more content and the "Don't need, don't want, won't encourage" sentiment I have been feeling on a heck of a lot of forums recently (Nearly all gaming communities seem to be geared for discrimination nowadays - must be the economy),
That image is so true. *makes desktop background*

Haljackey

Quote from: jdenm8 on March 31, 2010, 08:09:14 PM
Aside from the (obviously out of line) offer of more content and the "Don't need, don't want, won't encourage" sentiment I have been feeling on a heck of a lot of forums recently (Nearly all gaming communities seem to be geared for discrimination nowadays - must be the economy),
That image is so true. *makes desktop background*

Here at SC4D we don't discriminate.  If we all keep our cool, we'll be fine.

Getting back on topic, its April 1st!  Anyone remember this RHW "prank" last year?

Arthur Burkhardt Expressway Project (ABEP)

http://www.youtube.com/v/CwinnODU0yo&=37&ap=%2526fmt%3D37

"Wide lanes." I love that Seinfeld Episode!

Wilfried