• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Quote from: Monorail Master on May 09, 2010, 06:20:54 PM
Did someone in the RHW team doze-off while packing the files and forget to add somethings?

No, but when you're dealing with 40,000 files, many of which are under constant revision, it's not hard for a fully awake individual to let a few drift off by accident. ;)  This is tricky stuff.

Don't worry, I've found them.  Patch attached below.  It'll get merged into the main upload once we're sure this is it.

-Alex

citybuilderx

OMG - Version 4 Beta has come out. Can't wait to try it! Man, you guys rock!
Aim for the stars and you might make the moon,
aim for the moon and you might not get there.

fafalone

If that was meant to address the problem I posted, it didn't work (unless something besides just putting it in plugins had to be done?)  :(

Edit: The rhw4 textures in the fix appear to be for the outside style, not the inside, so that's probably why.

MandelSoft

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

SeanSC4

Awesome! I've been waiting for these textures since I first saw screenshots of them.

Wilfried

Hi, just tried out the 4.0 Beta version... When zooming out, I get the following picture:

Those are double-wide lanes, aren't they? :D

At a closer zoom, the road appears as usual, ie., as an RHW-8.

And there is another bug I doscovered, this time concerning the neighbor connections:

Well, yeah -- they jump onto the opposite carriageway just to drive back and return home on the parallel highway... Now what could that mean???

Tarkus

Quote from: Wilfried on May 10, 2010, 07:45:27 AM
And there is another bug I doscovered, this time concerning the neighbor connections:

Well, yeah -- they jump onto the opposite carriageway just to drive back and return home on the parallel highway... Now what could that mean???

That's actually not a bug--that's how the Neighbor Connector pieces are actually supposed to work.  Basically, what they do is take the old "loop connector" trick and move it underground, so you don't have to look at the "Nicole Richie Effect" on the surface.  The traffic actually needs to do that in order for the neighbor connection to function properly.

Edit: Oh, and fafalone, try this one out that I've attached below.  I will advise you, however, that the "Inside" versions of Ramps A and B on the RHW-4 are not particularly stable, as advertised in the Readme as such under the Draggable Ramp Interfaces section.

-Alex

Jonathan

But Alex that neighbour connection with the NCPs isn't working, the traffic is using the NCPs as a U turn to travel back down the highway and go to the next neighbour connection, which looks like it doesn't have NCPs (it's an avenue connection I think)

fafalone

Quote from: Tarkus on May 10, 2010, 10:38:22 AM
[...]

Edit: Oh, and fafalone, try this one out that I've attached below.  I will advise you, however, that the "Inside" versions of Ramps A and B on the RHW-4 are not particularly stable, as advertised in the Readme as such under the Draggable Ramp Interfaces section.

-Alex

That fixed the texture issue, thanks. But I definitely see what you mean about stability, very hard to build an inside ramp without one side of the rhw4 changing directions.

Wilfried

Quote from: JonathanBut Alex that neighbour connection with the NCPs isn't working, the traffic is using the NCPs as a U turn to travel back down the highway and go to the next neighbour connection, which looks like it doesn't have NCPs (it's an avenue connection I think)
Correct, Jonathan; the left-hand highway uses a classic Avenue connection preceded by a classic RHW-4-to-Avenue transistion. It does NOT use the new RHW neighbor connectors.
The right-hand highway, however, uses the new connectors, with rather disappointing effects. :-\

Biriali

First I have to say that the NAM & RHW and all the rest are absolutely amazing. Great job!

I believe I have stumbled upon a bug... Though I haven't seen anyone else complain about yet. Maybe it's something in my end?
Here's my problem

I don't believe it has anything to do with the euro textures, as I also had this problem before they were installed.
Nemo sobrius saltaret

deathtopumpkins

That's just related to how flexfly is set up. Once you drag the MIS out from each end and maybe click around a few times it should look normal.
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Blue Lightning

RHW-8S is not yet supported. As for the top image, click around on different tiles on the FLEXFly and RHW.
RHW-8C however, is supported and is the widest network FLEXFly Type A1 will cross.

As the readme states, try different possibilities with FLEXFly. Something so complex is going to have a few issues here and there; most of which are solved by clicking around.

EDIT: as for the NREE's, they've worked fine with me when I've tested them in my CJ.
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

TJ1

I cant find my FLEXFLY puzzle pieces. Which icon of the highway menu do you Tab through to find it? ()what()

jdenm8

I've posted this in the NAM bugs thread but my post seems to have been overlooked  ???

here's the bug:

That's the RHW-4 bridge BTW (And the concrete one does it too)

Was this fixed in the package you attached for fafalone?

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

canyonjumper

Quote from: TJ1 on May 10, 2010, 05:01:38 PMI cant find my FLEXFLY puzzle pieces. Which icon of the highway menu do you Tab through to find it? ()what()

FLEXfly is hiding in the Wide Curves icon ;D

JD, I'm not sure. I'll test it later and send a PM on CSGf.

-Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

metarvo

Even though I wasn't able to use it at first due to SC4 problems I was having at the time, I am most certainly glad to see so many great releases happen unexpectedly at once.  Yes, I do like surprises, as long as they are good, and this one qualifies as good.  So much that it's lured me out of a fairly long lurking spree.  ::)  The component that I'm sure I will try first is the FARHW, as it will allow me to build RHWs that might not always run in a normal orthogonal or diagonal direction.  Good work!

&apls &apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

the7train

Great job to all who worked to put together these amazing updates for NAM, NWM, and RHW...it really was worth the wait!  I have a question about wider RHW bridges, specifically from the FAQs section 10:
"New bridges, including bridges for wider RHWs, by choco (downloaded separately)."

Are they really available for download?  And if so does anyone have a link to it?  Thanks!

jdenm8

the7train, they are not yet available for download. I think Choco, who has done a ton of experimentation with bridges, is more concerned with looking for someone to replace him/her. As far as I can tell from Choco's bridge thread, they were done but are unreleased.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

threbos

Not sure where this would go...cuz im not sure whether the SPUI was a NAM piece or RHW piece...but i cant seem to link up MIS to the SPUI interchange bridge that was supplied.  anyone else played with it?

other than that i havent had any issues yet....AWESOME!  loving the updates...NAM, RHW, TuLEP...AWESOME work you guys.  MUCH APRRECIATED!