• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

schm0

Quote from: jdenm8 on May 20, 2010, 05:15:55 PM
I'd just demolish that piece of network and then place the piece. That's what I do (I find the pieces don't want to go into the right place on most occasions).

I'll try that too, but this seems to be just a temporary workaround. I'm also curious if the poster above is having similar problems. I'm wondering if it makes a difference if the original network was made using the old RHW-2 or not. I'm not precisely sure if it was or wasn't built with the older version, but with this sort of conflict cause the CTD?

UPDATE: I removed a segment of RHW-2 and replaced with the puzzle pieces as needed. This seemed to work for a short bit, but I soon ran into the exact same problem. I had a short, straight section of RHW-2 followed by a turn. I bulldozed the existing 45 degree turn, leaving ample room for the puzzle piece. I plopped a new puzzle piece in its place. No problems. However, as soon as I moved the mouse slightly (with the RHW-2 45 degree piece still selected) and my mouse crossed the piece I had just placed, I got the CTD. Again, for testing purposes I only used the RHW and NAM with a vanilla install of SC4.

UPDATE2: Decided to create a new section of network. Left blank spaces for the 45 degree turns. Couldn't get the first one to place, so I tried rotating the piece, moving it off the network tile, and then back on the network tile so it could "fit" properly. After about three or four mouse movements I got the CTD while hovering. The issue still exists.
schm0

j-dub

I will tell you I have had my fair share of CTD troubles with the curves before, as others have too. Maybe use the road curves as substitution for now. While I have had crashes, I have not had a crash this particular way, but thats only because I have not crossed the RHW curve over another piece. For the moment you guys, I think you may want to stray away from those curves to play it safe. Until then, the problem exists.

eclipticalstorm

I had a problem with the draggable ramps, and could not fix it.  I tried to reinstall it several times and downloaded the patch, but nothing worked.  Finally, I was reduced to deleting my plugins folder and testing only the NAM components.  I had NAM, NAM Essentials, RHW, and NHW, but it still did not work.  I deleted NHW and NAM essentials and tried again.  It worked, so now I knew I had a problem with either NHW or NAM Essentials.  I had a hunch it was NAM Essentials so I added the NHW and it worked.  Thus, the problem was NAM essentials.  I don't know why this happened, but it did.  I don't know if this is of any value to anyone else, but I thought it was worth sharing.  I'm not sure if I reported this problem to the right place since it had to do with NAM Essentials too.  Good luck!

Tarkus

NAM Essentials is basically the same files that are in the NAM Core right now, so if you downloaded the NAM Core, you wouldn't have needed Essentials right now anyways.  eclipticalstorm, you probably had some other conflicting file somewhere in your Plugins that was conflicting with the RUL file that allowed the DRIs to work properly.  It wouldn't have been the usual NAM Controller issue, but rather, a conflict between the RHW and the Individual Network RULs package.

Also, I've yet to be able to replicate the 45-degree Curve issue with a clean install, and I haven't heard any other reports of it, so I still don't know what's going on there. 

-Alex

schm0

Tarkus: Are you testing on flat terrain? I have this odd feeling that the terrain has something to do with it. Each time I successfully placed the piece the terrain changed ever so slightly.
schm0

Monorail Master

I'm just wondering. Will there be future compatablity between RHW-4 and OWR or AVE Roundabouts? I hate the transitions I need to do for them to work.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

dragonshardz

Tarkus: Less of a bug report, more of an ease-of-use thing for here on the forums. I think it might be a good idea to recopy the FAQ into a new thread, as it's getting really long.

~~dragonshardz~~

JoeST

Quote from: dragonshardz on May 25, 2010, 07:08:03 AM
Tarkus: Less of a bug report, more of an ease-of-use thing for here on the forums. I think it might be a good idea to recopy the FAQ into a new thread, as it's getting really long.

~~dragonshardz~~
Or maybe the second post of this thread...
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Tarkus

Quote from: schm0 on May 24, 2010, 05:20:28 PM
Tarkus: Are you testing on flat terrain? I have this odd feeling that the terrain has something to do with it. Each time I successfully placed the piece the terrain changed ever so slightly.

I just checked that here on my end--tried placing it on some rather steep hills and it worked fine, though I had Ennedi's Slope Mod in my Plugins . . . I'm wondering if perhaps this may be Slope Mod-related? 

Quote from: Monorail Master on May 25, 2010, 04:28:39 AM
I'm just wondering. Will there be future compatablity between RHW-4 and OWR or AVE Roundabouts? I hate the transitions I need to do for them to work.

OWR Roundabout intersection is pretty much a non-starter due to the number of lanes/width issues.  Avenue Roundabouts may be a possibility for the future, though.

Quote from: dragonshardz on May 25, 2010, 07:08:03 AM

Someone else suggested that possibility awhile back, and I'm kind of thinking that it may make sense now at this point--it does need some reorganization and it's gotten a little hard to maintain.  The RHW FAQ over at ST is actually attached to the NAM FAQ thread rather than the RHW thread over there, and so far, that's worked well.  I've been thinking of redoing the NAM FAQ as well to possibly make it all one post and using Internal URLs and Anchors.

-Alex

Highrise99

All the NAM mods are great! &apls
However, since I use LHD mode, although I live in the US I changed it, I've noticed that the guide arrows are backwards when I match the white and yellow lines. ()what()
Any info in this?

Tarkus

Quote from: Highrise99 on May 25, 2010, 06:40:47 PM
All the NAM mods are great! &apls
However, since I use LHD mode, although I live in the US I changed it, I've noticed that the guide arrows are backwards when I match the white and yellow lines. ()what()
Any info in this?

If you're in LHD Mode, you'll need to install the RHW's LHD Plugin in order for the arrows to face the right direction.

-Alex

Cracks

T'is but a small issue. It appears as is RHW 4 FAR in zoom 5 is not UDI-able &cry2. Well at least not for me - and I'm to lazy busy to do any testing upon the issue, however I can say that it is UDI-able at zooms 4 and 6. It is also only the actual FAR piece, not the transition that causes the car to stop UDI-ing. And on a slightly less related note - I cannot draw any custom bridges, even with NAM essentials.

Any help would be appreciated, apart from that I cannot stop using RHW, and if you want a request then a transition from mis to OWR-1 (from NWM) would also be not to bad.

Thanks, Cracks

well done with  &apls 4.0 &apls... and well everything. Simcity would not be Simcity without the NAM

Blue Lightning

Make sure you don't have an outdated network/bridge INI laying around. Fukuda's bridges on the STEX are notable for having outdated INI's (simply replace them from Fukuda's bridges on the LEX)

MIS-1 can go to OWR already. Its been there since v3.0

Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

j-dub

QuoteAny help would be appreciated, apart from that I cannot stop using RHW, and if you want a request then a transition from mis to OWR-1 (from NWM) would also be not to bad.
QuoteMIS-1 can go to OWR already. Its been there since v3.0

Wrong!

Just the fact about the picture, not the networks. That looks like a MIS-1 connecting to regular OWR-2

I am going to do some experimenting to see if OWR-1 can be built next to MIS-1 via puzzle piece work-arounds.

io_bg

Quote from: j-dub on May 26, 2010, 12:39:21 PMI am going to do some experimenting to see if OWR-1 can be built next to MIS-1 via puzzle piece work-arounds.
It can be built, check this picture from my MD ;) (look at the bottom)
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

j-dub

JayroBR

I found this little bug now. And I found it strange because I've never seen anyone talk about it until the very moment. And sorry for my bad English.

Cracks

wow that was quick... I tied to ask about RHW4 FAR at zoom 5 not being UDI-able but...

Thats an interesting workaround... could you explain it? like place the mis starter piece and buldoze with rail on top or something?

Was it possible to build street bridges with the Vanilla Maxis network? if not then my plugin is working and my NAM is just dodgy (can't get MRTRLN's textures to show in RHW and half my road are Euro, the other half American - but thats for another day).

Thanks.. I'll do some expermenting. Here have a picture:

MOREOPTIONS

::) Hello everyone,  Sorry to bother you, but on the topic of RHW,. have you seen that theres missing tunnel openings on the RealHighway's.  and are you working on that also?  I haven't found that i am missing any plug in or parts to the nam set.  and i also re installed everything to be sure,. I backed it all up and freshly installed starting with your 2010set.  Cleanitol is un able to catch anything missing.  hope someone can let me know what i may not be getting

Outside that,. your doing a great job....  and thank you

io_bg

Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November