• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: AngryBirdsFan436 on January 22, 2013, 01:38:20 AM
Anyway, will NAM 32 also have a release date? Or is it going to be like the old school "We like to surprise people" format?

Let's put it this way: Whenever we try to plan, or even predict, out even one version in advance during a dev cycle, our predictions don't come true.

Example: Project 57 was supposed to be RHW Version 6.0 was supposed to be RHW Version 5.0 was supposed to be RHW Version 4.2.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Durfsurn

RHWception! Cooking with the heat turned way up Alex :P

mike3775

IIRC, NAM 32 is more NWM related correct?

All I have to say about NAM 31 is that the NAM team have once again made what the develops consider an obsolete game much much better than they probably could ever have imagined, and I am thankful there is a group of dedicated players who strive to make the game even better, 10 years after the fact

Haljackey

Anyway, will NAM 32 also have a release date? Or is it going to be like the old school "We like to surprise people" format?

Maybe, maybe not. We like to surprise people.

Quote from: mike3775 on January 22, 2013, 04:40:59 AM
All I have to say about NAM 31 is that the NAM team have once again made what the develops consider an obsolete game much
much better than they probably could ever have imagined, and I am thankful there is a group of dedicated players who strive to make the game even better, 10 years after the fact

I wouldn't call SC4 obsolete. There is yet to be a successor to this game, and since SC13 is going in a different direction, there won't be for some time. There is still way more than a 'cult' following for the game and it's third-party development projects as well.

Speaking of development projects, you'll notice that this RHW development thread has surpassed 3RR in terms of replies and will soon do so in views. That goes to show you there is still a heavy interest in not only playing the game, but expanding it as well.

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?action=stats

Although it can be stated that projects like the NAM have kept the game and the community much more active than the game alone, not that we have a problem with that.  ;)

pierrebaptiste

Hello

In the futur NAM , the barriers for RHW are include in concrete and in steal ?

Symphony project it's well done  &apls , it's a good idea !

mike3775

Quote from: Haljackey on January 22, 2013, 09:55:11 AM

All I have to say about NAM 31 is that the NAM team have once again made what the develops consider an obsolete game much
much better than they probably could ever have imagined, and I am thankful there is a group of dedicated players who strive to make the game even better, 10 years after the fact

I wouldn't call SC4 obsolete. There is yet to be a successor to this game, and since SC13 is going in a different direction, there won't be for some time. There is still way more than a 'cult' following for the game and it's third-party development projects as well.

Speaking of development projects, you'll notice that this RHW development thread has surpassed 3RR in terms of replies and will soon do so in views. That goes to show you there is still a heavy interest in not only playing the game, but expanding it as well.

Although it can be stated that projects like the NAM have kept the game and the community much more active than the game alone, not that we have a problem with that.  ;)

I agree that to us, it is not obsolete, but to Maxis/EA it is obsolete though.  If you have issues with the game, can you go to the simcity 4 site and get support?  Nope.  The site sends you to the NEW GAME's facebook page where there is no mention of SC4 at all.  So to me, they do not even consider SC4 worth discussing.  You want technical help, you have to go to fan sites like this place to get help, so that means the game is obsolete to the developers(I just realized that I had a typo in my earlier post).

mike3775

Now that is pretty awesome.  It is definitely going to be nice to be able to use many other features of the game in combination with RHW finally.

dyoungyn

Quote from: mike3775 on January 22, 2013, 04:35:55 PM
Quote from: Haljackey on January 22, 2013, 09:55:11 AM

I agree that to us, it is not obsolete, but to Maxis/EA it is obsolete though.  If you have issues with the game, can you go to the simcity 4 site and get support?  Nope.  The site sends you to the NEW GAME's facebook page where there is no mention of SC4 at all.  So to me, they do not even consider SC4 worth discussing.  You want technical help, you have to go to fan sites like this place to get help, so that means the game is obsolete to the developers(I just realized that I had a typo in my earlier post).

I echo all this.  The problem I see with SC13 is one is not able to develop in between cities like SC4 lets you.  The only other problem with SC4 is one is restricted to the "graph paper" feel IRT laying out your city.  However, with all the WONDERFUL and AWESOME upgrades, it is really breaking the "graph paper" restrictions feel barrier.  Keep up the great work and I truly look forward to more and great features that SC4 can offer that SC13 cannot.

Don

vinlabsc3k

Awesome development with the overpasses :thumbsup: and I hope that 3/1 is going to be released NAM 31!! &hlp
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

GDO29Anagram

Now, can someone tell me how many RHW-GLR crossing pieces there will be?

Hint: At least one.
<INACTIVE>
-----

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Durfsurn on January 23, 2013, 07:57:46 PM
Also will this be fixed in NAM 31?

Unfixable. This is because Puzzle Pieces and Flex Items are two different things, and PPs get in the way of Flex Items because of their inability to override.

In other words, you can't have FLUPs going under a FlexFly, it simply won't work.
<INACTIVE>
-----

Tarkus

I'm surprised you were even able to build that.  The only way we could fix it would entail FLEXing the FLUPs, which isn't planned for NAM 31.

-Alex

Durfsurn

Just place the FLEX-Fly first and it works! :P Breaking RHW like a boss.

Will FLUP's eventually be Flexed?

jdenm8

FLUPs work perfectly fine given their intended functionality at the moment.

EDIT: Dammit. I read that as "Fixed" not "Flexed"
Probably not in the near future.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Shadow Assassin

The only limitation with the FLUPs is that there's basically only RHW-2, other RHW networks were done by Dexter (and we have the models)... but they haven't yet been added into the game.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

AngryBirdsFan436

Well, for NAM 31, even the MHS has been introduced, 4 level stacks still can't be built because of stability issues? :(
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

Tarkus

Quote from: AngryBirdsFan436 on January 24, 2013, 07:01:51 PM
Well, for NAM 31, even the MHS has been introduced, 4 level stacks still can't be built because of stability issues? :(

The current build does not have the stuff in place to do it.  But that's in part because the only height transitions in place are L0-L1 and L1-L2 FlexHTs and L0-L1 FlexOSTs.

-Alex