• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opkl

The US center turn lane arrows for the TLA-5 and the TLA-7 are flipped the wrong way. Also dragging a 45 degree curve for the elevated 8C takes a while to load but it seems it does work. I also noticed that dragging a diagonal section of ground level project symphony spawns an orthogonal maxis highway signs. It disappears after clicking around but I thought it should be mentioned.

AngryBirdsFan436

Marteen, there are errors on the RHW-6S Cable Stayed Compact Bridge. It was built instead as a RHW-6S Regular Compact Bridge! This also happens to the Steel Arched Bridge. Will you be releasing a fix for the two bridges? Here's a pic for reference: Note thas I am selecting the 6S Cable Stayed Bridge but it was built as a Regular 6S Bridge.

And also, I can't seem to find the legacy support file for networks built during RHW 5.0! Is it already integrated to the RHW option? And another bug that happens with the dual/compact RHW bridges:

Despite all of these bugs, thank you NAM Team for the great work, effort and skill for this mod! Looking forward for a fix!
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

Kuewr665

Quote from: AngryBirdsFan436 on March 02, 2013, 09:35:29 PM
Marteen, there are errors on the RHW-6S Cable Stayed Compact Bridge. It was built instead as a RHW-6S Regular Compact Bridge! This also happens to the Steel Arched Bridge. Will you be releasing a fix for the two bridges? Here's a pic for reference: Note thas I am selecting the 6S Cable Stayed Bridge but it was built as a Regular 6S Bridge.

And also, I can't seem to find the legacy support file for networks built during RHW 5.0! Is it already integrated to the RHW option? And another bug that happens with the dual/compact RHW bridges:

Despite all of these bugs, thank you NAM Team for the great work, effort and skill for this mod! Looking forward for a fix!

Those are issues #64 and #45. Issue #45 was fixed.

AngryBirdsFan436

Were the defective 6S Bridges made by Maarten or Blue Lightning? :-[ Well, I found the legacy support file already! It was with the RHW option already!!! ;D
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!

mike3775

How do you build the RHW bridges?  Even with all of them installed, all I ever get offered is the RHW-2 and RHW-4 options for bridges.

samerton

Quote from: mike3775 on March 03, 2013, 06:19:50 AM
How do you build the RHW bridges?  Even with all of them installed, all I ever get offered is the RHW-2 and RHW-4 options for bridges.

Wider RHW bridges are actually Maxis Highway bridges.

dyoungyn

I must be very honest and I really hate to say this, but I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY was looking forward to the new NAM and with all the bugs with RHW, I was forced to uninstall the new NAM.  There are features that I was SO looking forward to and I am so dis-appointed I cannot load by old cities with the old NAM with the new NAM and all the bugs makes the RHW un-usable.  When a serios Hot Fix comes out, I look forward to re-visiting the new NAM again.  Sorry to say this, but I have reverted back to the old NAM and my game is funtioning great.  I really don't want to get the new Sim City 2013 as SC4 has features the new game just does not such as NAM.

DJSun1981

And with the RHW, I cannot build the "RHW Dual-Tile Cosmetic Puzzle Pieces, here I have got a green arrow, but if I click on it, nothing happens

Also the RHW FLEXRamps: If I try to build the FLEXRamps I get a red arrow and nothing happens, thats the things wich I found until yet

MandelSoft

Quote from: dyoungyn on March 03, 2013, 06:45:18 AM
I must be very honest and I really hate to say this, but I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY was looking forward to the new NAM and with all the bugs with RHW, I was forced to uninstall the new NAM.  There are features that I was SO looking forward to and I am so dis-appointed I cannot load by old cities with the old NAM with the new NAM and all the bugs makes the RHW un-usable.  When a serios Hot Fix comes out, I look forward to re-visiting the new NAM again.  Sorry to say this, but I have reverted back to the old NAM and my game is funtioning great.  I really don't want to get the new Sim City 2013 as SC4 has features the new game just does not such as NAM.
No offence taken, I can see your reasoning here. Some discussion is going on to re-enable the NAM 30 temporarily, since it's actually the last stable release. The NAM 31.1 would be the next stable release that will follow soon.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

cmdp123789

Ok, I dont mean to sound like Im trying to be a pain in the a** to you guys... but, how long does a fixup take? cause I made a backup of my previous NAM version, the 30... and then I took the one on my plugins folder out, so basically installed NAM31 from scratch... So I "could" go back to NAM30 but I gotta say... I would love to keep this one... so how long approx??  ::)

mike3775

Quote from: samerton on March 03, 2013, 06:28:18 AM
Quote from: mike3775 on March 03, 2013, 06:19:50 AM

Wider RHW bridges are actually Maxis Highway bridges.

Ahh ok, I feel dumb  lol

Patricius Maximus

Quote from: cmdp123789 on March 03, 2013, 08:46:32 AM
Ok, I dont mean to sound like Im trying to be a pain in the a** to you guys... but, how long does a fixup take?

As a wild guess, I'd give them a week or so. NAM 31 was just released yesterday, and the bugs are being resolved at a decent clip.

Kuewr665

This is a table of all of the crossings and at-grade intersections that should theoretically be possible with all of the RHW-related networks, including Symphony and double-decker networks. Each square represents crossings between two networks. This doesn't include the combinations of orthogonal/diagonal setups, networks next to each other, or possibly the directions of the networks!

I've meant to use it to find out which kinds of crossings are not supported in this release, but the great number of crossings possible has discouraged me. It would be nice for me to at least have a table similar to this set up for a website or someplace, with each square linking to particular crossing setups and which ones are not possible.

Tarkus

Quote from: Kuewr665 on March 03, 2013, 02:27:02 PM
This is a table of all of the crossings and at-grade intersections that should theoretically be possible with all of the RHW-related networks, including Symphony and double-decker networks. Each square represents crossings between two networks. This doesn't include the combinations of orthogonal/diagonal setups, networks next to each other, or possibly the directions of the networks!

I've meant to use it to find out which kinds of crossings are not supported in this release, but the great number of crossings possible has discouraged me. It would be nice for me to at least have a table similar to this set up for a website or someplace, with each square linking to particular crossing setups and which ones are not possible.

Yes, I considered doing that some time ago--even started a little on it.  It would be very useful.  But like you, I got overwhelmed with just how many setups there are, and distracted with trying to code them. ;D  If you include all the intersection situations we've tried to deal with--all the orientations (OxO, OxD, DxO, DxD), T-intersections, special situations, and involve all other Maxis and NAM Override Networks, you're looking at close to 20,000 cases.  It's completely insane. :D

-Alex

solovinodelmal

Great work with the new NAM guys, I have a question, in this pic the flexfly curve MIS ramp, is that a bug or it just can't work with the L1RHW-4 over L0 RHW-4?

Also, wouldn't it be nice to have those loop ramps going from L1 to L0 and viceversa instead of just L2 to L0???  $%Grinno$%

Indiana Joe

Flexyfly can't go over any intersection tiles.  Only 2 networks can cross over any given tile.

Shadow Assassin

There was discussion about including intersection tiles in FlexFly, but it was decided that it would be better to leave it out, as it would have resulted in a seriously insane number of possibilities that would have simply been too much to code, resulting in millions of lines of RUL code. FlexFly over one network is already complex enough as it is.

Quote from: Patricius Maximus on March 03, 2013, 11:23:33 AM
Quote from: cmdp123789 on March 03, 2013, 08:46:32 AM
Ok, I dont mean to sound like Im trying to be a pain in the a** to you guys... but, how long does a fixup take?

As a wild guess, I'd give them a week or so. NAM 31 was just released yesterday, and the bugs are being resolved at a decent clip.

Roughly a week is about right, but give us time. More bugs are popping up, and it's better for everyone involved if we're left to fix them. More reports are welcome, and the more bugs that are fixed, the more stable things become. NAM 31 has had a significant change in architecture, so there naturally will be teething issues.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Kuewr665 on March 03, 2013, 02:27:02 PM
This is a table of all of the crossings and at-grade intersections that should theoretically be possible with all of the RHW-related networks, including Symphony and double-decker networks.

There are a couple of kinks with your table, other than the obvious exclusion of the T-crossings and crossings with non-RHW networks, the main one being that certain networks are actually two networks and that you forgot two more networks. Multi-tile networks are composed of modular subsections, and there's still the 12S and 10C.

The chart should really include:

L0 RHW-2, L0 MIS, L0 RHW-3, L0 RHW-4, L0 RHW-6S, L0 RHW-8S Inner, L0 RHW-8S Outer, L0 RHW-10S Outer, L0 RHW-12S Outer, L0 RHW-6C Median, L0 RHW-6C Outer, L0 RHW-8C Outer, L0 RHW-10C Outer, L1 RHW-2, L1 MIS, L1 RHW-3, L1 RHW-4, L1 RHW-6S, L1 RHW-8S Inner, L1 RHW-8S Outer, L1 RHW-10S Outer, L1 RHW-12S Outer, L1 RHW-6C Median, L1 RHW-6C Outer, L1 RHW-8C Outer, L1 RHW-10C Outer, L2 RHW-2, L2 MIS, L2 RHW-3, L2 RHW-4, L2 RHW-6S, L2 RHW-8S Inner, L2 RHW-8S Outer, L2 RHW-10S Outer, L2 RHW-12S Outer, L2 RHW-6C Median, L2 RHW-6C Outer, L2 RHW-8C Outer, L2 RHW-10C Outer, L3 MIS, L3 RHW-4, L3 RHW-6S, L4 MIS, L4 RHW-4, L4 RHW-6S, DDRHW-4.

Additionally, things get bewildering when you try to create diagonal crossings, mainly because almost all of these networks are classified as asymmetrical and would therefore need multiple variations of the same crossing, and that each diagonal crossing between any two networks (and under this scheme, they would be all considered single-tile) would take up two tiles instead of one.

Why else do we do orthogonal first?
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

the7train

Quote from: Indiana Joe on March 03, 2013, 04:58:00 PM
Flexyfly can't go over any intersection tiles.  Only 2 networks can cross over any given tile.
Is that true that only 2 networks can cross over one given tile? In the RHW User Manual section 7.7.4. shows 3 level overpasses.  I've been trying to get them to work but they really won't as you can see in the screenshot below. Are these types of interchanges possible?  Great work NAM team!

AngryBirdsFan436

Well, I still have the RHW 5.0 installer in my hard drive and I'm planning to revert to back to RHW 5.0 due to the bugs. But I have a question: is RHW 5.0 backward compatible with NAM 31? Don't worry, I'll go back to the new version when the new version is out! ;) Still, I apprieciate the NAM Team for their hard work and effort to make the greatest (despite buggy) release of NAM!  &apls &apls &apls &apls
SC4 + NAM = 20% Cooler!