• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

Quote from: Haljackey on October 10, 2013, 09:28:47 AM

If you're using Xsplit's free version, quality reduced compared to the consumer version / FFsplit. Also if you're porting streams from Twitch to Youtube audio quality seems to suffer even more :(. I think you're given the choice to make a stream and a local recording at the same time... If you upload that local recording, it will look better than the port from Twitch.

Hopefully I didn't lose you there :P. I would also recommend trying Open Broadcaster. Since I started using it I've never looked back!

Yeah, I ended up using the local recording when I put it on YouTube, so at least it didn't get any worse on that end. :D  Thanks for recommending Open Broadcaster--I'll give that a shot for my next stream.

And thanks to everyone for the kind words on the new features. :thumbsup:

-Alex

metarvo

I'm impressed with the new viaducts and Flex pieces.  The video showed some top-grade new stuff.  Good work!

&apls
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Kuewr665

RepublicMaster

The new stuff looks very promising! I can't wait to give it a crack. :D

vinlabsc3k

Quote from: Tarkus on October 10, 2013, 12:15:35 AM
Yeah, the thing was acting like it was receiving sound, but then I found out after the fact from a few folks in ST Chat who were watching it that the sound wasn't working.  That was really the least of my worries, as my streaming software (FFSplit) crashed at least half a dozen times, and behaved erratically when it wasn't crashing. :thumbsdown:  I was hoping to have the whole stream angle be a cool new way to unveil things, but alas--bummer trail.  It looks like I'll have to re-record the whole thing.

-Alex

Edit: Switched from FFSplit to the free version of XSplit . . . and success.  My computer was breathing heavily during the whole thing, so there might be a good bit of machine noise there, but there actually is audio this time.

And YouTube:

:o I'm droolin' man!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I hope that there are even as single piece! ;)

I'd like to know if there are developements on RHW FLUPs (or Flex-FLUPs). &hlp
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

dragonshardz

Quote from: Haljackey on October 10, 2013, 09:28:47 AM
Nice video! Lots and lots of draggable stuff!

Quote from: Tarkus on October 10, 2013, 12:15:35 AM
Edit: Switched from FFSplit to the free version of XSplit . . . and success.  My computer was breathing heavily during the whole thing, so there might be a good bit of machine noise there, but there actually is audio this time.

If you're using Xsplit's free version, quality reduced compared to the consumer version / FFsplit. Also if you're porting streams from Twitch to Youtube audio quality seems to suffer even more :(. I think you're given the choice to make a stream and a local recording at the same time... If you upload that local recording, it will look better than the port from Twitch.

Hopefully I didn't lose you there :P. I would also recommend trying Open Broadcaster. Since I started using it I've never looked back!

Recommending OBS as well - XSplit is okay and worthwhile if you've paid for it, but OBS is by far the best if you're more into freeware.

Tarkus

Quote from: vinlabsc3k on October 10, 2013, 06:48:16 PM
I'd like to know if there are developements on RHW FLUPs (or Flex-FLUPs). &hlp[/size][/font]

The FLUPs side is not under development at the moment.

-Alex

Tarkus

Double posting . . .

So yeah, those inside ramp interfaces that have been periodically requested are now a reality.  And they're FLEXRamps.  Required using a different flag setup rather than overriding the existing non-inside ramps (which ended up creating a mess on the MIS side).

-Alex

APSMS

Beautiful! (I have some setups that will benefit greatly from this...)

Are they currently functional, or just overridden? (obviously I mean on your end)
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Tarkus

The Type A1 Inside FLEXRamp (the only one that's been made so far) is, as of a few minutes ago, fully operational for the RHW-4, RHW-6S, RHW-8S, and RHW-10S (including paths).  The default setup is an RHW-4 at present, and hooking one of those other networks into it converts the ramp.

-Alex

APSMS

Very neat. Looks good, too (as much as I dislike the A-style ramps, even!).

I wonder what other tricks you have up your sleeve. I can wait till the release, though.

Quick question, is the quick change ramp (L0 to L1 180o MIS) going to be available without the ramp attached to it? I almost never use elevated RHW-Road intersections, mainly cause they don't exist in So. California. It would be handy to use without having to make an earthen ramp, though.
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

Geometry123

You will never know when will the next NAM be released. Only time teasing will tell. :P

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game"
                                                 -Ocean Quigley

Tarkus

Quote from: APSMS on October 15, 2013, 02:40:10 AM
Quick question, is the quick change ramp (L0 to L1 180o MIS) going to be available without the ramp attached to it? I almost never use elevated RHW-Road intersections, mainly cause they don't exist in So. California. It would be handy to use without having to make an earthen ramp, though.

It will indeed be available without the QuickChange attachment.  That's the plan for any sort of item we develop as part of QuickChange--it'll also be available a la carte.

-Alex

Geometry123

You will never know when will the next NAM be released. Only time teasing will tell. :P

-Ocean Quigley

Wiimeiser

Just need to fix up that random stub.

Also, just out of curiosity, exactly how close to finished would you say you are? What percentage?

Also, you know the RHW-3 to RHW-4 piece? Could you make a version where one side is MIS?
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Tarkus

Quote from: Wiimeiser on October 16, 2013, 09:21:34 PM
Also, just out of curiosity, exactly how close to finished would you say you are? What percentage?

Also, you know the RHW-3 to RHW-4 piece? Could you make a version where one side is MIS?

Can't give a percentage with any accuracy, though the plan is to cut off feature addition quite soon.  My priorities are, at present, fixing up the new FLEXRamps and QuickChange items, and a last bit of work with the Draggable Viaducts.  I don't know that you'll see any new transition configurations like that this go around.  It would depend on someone taking up the texturing side.

-Alex

Geometry123

A little off-topic here, but there are draggable L1 avenue viaducts, eh? ::)

-Ocean Quigley

Indiana Joe

Quote from: Geometry123 on October 17, 2013, 01:02:36 AM
A little off-topic here, but there are draggable L1 avenue viaducts, eh? ::)

In good time.  Patience, young Padawan. 

Tarkus

Also:

The odds of NAM 32 being released on December 25 is 1/31. :P

Correction: it's 0/∞.  If we internally shoot for a Christmas release (which we have many times) at best, we end up with a release in January (NAM 22 in 2008, NAM 24 in 2009).  The closest we came was NAM 20 in 2006, which was just before I officially became a NAMite, and would have been out the door just in time (the official datestamp on the version is December 24th).  However, the distribution ended up being a fiasco, with most users not actually getting the new NAM until early January (causing many to refer to it as the "January 2007 NAM"), and the relationship between the NAM Team and Simtropolis taking a hit in the process.

And if you also consider that one of our two official distributors is ModDB, and that their employees who approve uploads are likely to be on vacation on Dec. 25th, it'd probably have to be released sometime a week prior in order for full distribution in time for Christmas.

If you're curious about NAM release timing, it's all listed here.  There were actually 14 NAM versions released between April and December 2004, albeit the mod was much, much smaller then, and the changes between releases were pretty small as well.

-Alex