• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Where can I find a large island map?

Started by freedo50, April 30, 2007, 01:40:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

freedo50

Hello all,
First let me say I'm not sure that this post should really be here, but I couldn't think of anywhere better to put it.
Secondly, I was wondering if people could suggest some large island maps which have some mountainous areas but plenty of flatter land to allow metropolis-building. I have looked on the STEX and LEX god-only-knows-how-many times and still haven't found anything quite to my satisfaction. If you helpful people could post some suggestions I would be really grateful.
PS I'm looking to eventually start an MD on this map so a dedication goes to all who help  ;)

Fred

&dance &dance &dance &dance Oh and 100th post!!!! &dance &dance &dance &dance

snorrelli

Palau - I think it's by flamesrock...

EDIT: link
Have you ever had the Prop Pox? Join us to help find a vaccine or a cure.

Totuna e dac-ai murit flăcău ori moş îngârbovit;
Dar nu-i totuna leu să mori ori câine-nlănţuit.

freedo50

Yes, I have tried that before, but there just isn't enough flat land for me, I really struggle to build on anything even slightly slopy   :D.
Thanks for the suggestion and very quick response though, you have been added to the places-to-name-after-people list  ;)

Fred

callagrafx

Fred, why don't you try your hand with Wouanagaine's Terraformer?  Get it here: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=731
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

DFire870

There's two I've found that I've actually used before and liked. There's Prince Edward Island, which isn't really mountainous, but it's not completely flat.

And if you want to try a map that's an archipelago, you could try the San Juan Islands. There's a lot of small islands, but there's also a large amount of flat land on them for big cities (plus you can build a very extensive ferry and bridge network).
After a long absence, I'm back! And I will be starting a new MD soon.

freedo50

Thanks for the further suggestions guys;

Cal: I forgot you could edit he terrain in SC4TF lol! ::) I had a quick go just now and its looking like it might be a workable solution on some of the existing maps, I tried it with Palau.

DFire870: Great suggestions, will load them into SC4TF tomorrow to have a look at them but for now, I'm off to bed!

By the way, I think you're all gonna be local deities in the MD  (god forgive those who have to worship Cal :D)

Fred