• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Lilith's BAT projects

Started by Lilith, November 13, 2010, 04:20:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lowkee33

Can you cast shadows over the rocks?

Lilith

I was frustrated with the result of the pond shown above, the appearance of concrete was not provided and so I decided to do a quick course in Photoshop, SC4PIM
and 3ds effects.

I want to know what texture you like. Suggestions are welcome.

jmyers2043

I like six the best. It's more natural to me because the bottom of the pool is partically obscured due to natural elements. Such as debris, dust from the wind, leaves decaying at the bottom, ducks swimming about loosening that stuff up. If I want to see my feet in the ocean I'll go to the Caribbean - but otherwise I think that natural reflections from the sun on a bright day and natural things on top of those stones will partially obscure what lies beneath the waters surface.

<edit> Irregardless of what I think about water - the criteria should be which one looks the best in the game in the park setting you wish to make.
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Jack_wilds

...I think 4 or 6 would do however what looks best in-game is the one to use...

Une_ame

babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

peter007

Badsim

Hi Lilith:)

I have seen that you haven't yet update your beautiful props pack with corrections about shadows ... If you intend to , feel free to join the .dat file for MayorMod Ploppables I've built with them ( Check your message box ) .  ;D

Hope to see more of your work on the LEX . :thumbsup:

&apls &apls &apls

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Lilith

After 10 years, a change of country, the end of a marriage and a new profession, I'm back (but just to see).

I am sorry to have abandoned my projects, the game and to have lost the contacts I had made in this world.

It pains me very much to hear of BarbiW's passing. He was a great person who contributed enormously to this community. Very sad.

I also see that many are still here, carrying on the legacy of so many people who have devoted hours and hours of their lives to making this spectacular game more enjoyable.

I have not forgotten any of you, you are always in my heart.

Take care.

gn_leugim

noahclem

Welcome back! Pretty different community these days vs 2010--slightly quieter for example :D but the richly developed custom content and knowledge that's been built up over the years is a pleasant feature and the remaining core of the community seems strong--and is a fun place to return and poke your head in the door for those of us that spend a lot of time on vacation from the game ;) Hope you enjoy yourself.

Now about these ponds I hear of... ;)

Lilith

Quote from: noahclem on September 25, 2020, 12:40:34 PM
Welcome back! Pretty different community these days vs 2010--slightly quieter for example :D but the richly developed custom content and knowledge that's been built up over the years is a pleasant feature and the remaining core of the community seems strong--and is a fun place to return and poke your head in the door for those of us that spend a lot of time on vacation from the game ;) Hope you enjoy yourself.

Now about these ponds I hear of... ;)

Yes, the level has really risen a lot. The level of excellence is really visible and makes me happy.

Sometimes I want to go back but I have little free time and I think I have fallen far behind.

Maybe one day ... also because I have dozens and dozens of unfinished pieces.

;D