• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow Assassin

Weird... I thought that was on an embankment. :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

MandelSoft

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Patricius Maximus

Yes, you did.

And it looks close to release to me (excepting the lack of models on some of those pieces).

Please keep teasing us.

deathtopumpkins

Nice teaser! Glad we can do elevated curves, but are they draggable? They have that funny puzzle-piece look.

Oh and, I noticed you changed the stickied post to say "COMING IN THE NEAR FUTURE" instead of just "COMING SOON."  ;D
NAM Team Member | 3RR Collaborater | Virgin Shores

Tarkus

Quote from: deathtopumpkins on September 28, 2008, 08:27:54 AM
Nice teaser! Glad we can do elevated curves, but are they draggable? They have that funny puzzle-piece look.

Oh and, I noticed you changed the stickied post to say "COMING IN THE NEAR FUTURE" instead of just "COMING SOON."  ;D

They are indeed draggable.  They have the funny puzzle-piece look because being models, they have the same texture discoloration issue as puzzle pieces.  I've already fixed the orthogonal, though, which is why they don't quite match up there.

And I see someone's paying attention. :D

-Alex (Tarkus)

pagenotfound

This MUST be said- Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyum. That curved overpass has been something ive (and countless others) always wanted. All the way back to the SC3K days. Youve outdone yourself yet again.  &apls

Now im REALLY excited.
Im back baby! Everybody do the Bendah!

nerdly_dood

Ohh NOW i see that it really is a curved overpass! I thought i saw an on-slope piece... (I didn't notice that the elevated RHW curve was just a test model with no support pillar yet)
Not bad at all!
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

debutterfly

That looks great...draggable el-RHW.  :D Is it possible to have draggable on all the old and future networks.  i.e. OWR, Road, Avenue, MAVE, TLA you get the picture... ;)

jplumbley

Quote from: debutterfly on September 28, 2008, 12:55:17 PM
That looks great...draggable el-RHW.  :D Is it possible to have draggable on all the old and future networks.  i.e. OWR, Road, Avenue, MAVE, TLA you get the picture... ;)

Im guessing you are talking about "draggable" curves.  Well, it is possible to make all the NAM curves draggable, but there are 2 drawbacks of this:

1.  Draggable curves cannot be made slope conforming.

2.  Draggable curves would actually take more time to drag than plopping a puzzle piece dueto the way you would be required to draw them.

I would go into a bigger explaination, but I need to get ready to go out for the evening.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

dragonshardz

metarvo

Splendid as usual, Alex.  IMHO, a curved overpass is just one more great detail that makes SC4 continue to be the top city-building game.  I wouldn't expect anything less, though. :thumbsup:
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

bakerton

Alex, I can feel and smell the excitement brewing. Also, nice teaser you have there my good man. JKB
beam me up.... please!
I am the lurker that hides in all the corners and you can't get me out. You may try, but you can't.Please call me Jon or Jonathan.

un1

Is there going to be El-RHW curve pieces?

Looking great Tarkus and the other RHW developers.  &apls

-un1

Tarkus

Quote from: un1 on September 29, 2008, 04:46:31 AM
Is there going to be El-RHW curve pieces?

I'm not sure which version, but eventually, yes. 

I do have some help on the modeling end of things now, too, many thanks to Jan (Swamper77)!  :thumbsup:

-Alex (Tarkus)

Pat

first off Casper love that T-shirt and what size does it go up to? also Beebs that logo is stunning work there and I would say your PS'ing skills are pretty good!!!

Of course now to Alex where do I send the bill to for the new keyboard lol  &apls  the RHW is looking real great there!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Patricius Maximus

Thank you, Swamper.

I see you've changed your user text to 'We like to surprise people'.

Very sneaky changes.... I like it.

nerdly_dood

Oh so Swamper's helping with this? I thought he had his hands full with that Chevy Astro van he's working on... (url=http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=171.280]LINK[/url]
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

bat

That teaser is great there, Alex! ;)
And congrats on 3 (+) years of RHW!! &apls

Nexis4Jersey

Is there a possibility of Making a Transport Map that shows the RHW's?