• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MandelSoft

Lurk mode: ACTIVE

gn_leugim

Quote from: mrtnrln on September 18, 2011, 03:28:30 AM
It looks you still have the RHW v3.0 or v4.x installed. Those are the old textures.

I uninstal and install all over again, problem persists.

Kergelen

Links to SC4 websites

six9nc

Can someone direct me to a tutorial on how to use the spui piece...
"The man who sleeps on the floor never falls out of bed"...Martin Lawrence

MandelSoft

Quote from: gn_leugim on September 18, 2011, 05:19:23 AM
It looks you still have the RHW v3.0 or v4.x installed. Those are the old textures.

Do you see in the Network Addon Mod folder a directory with the name "Rural Highway Mod"? If so, delete it.

MandelSoft

Sorry for the double post. Here is the corrected version of the AVE-6 TuLEP texture.

drjumbajookiba

Here is a Interchange I Made With RHW 5.0  :thumbsup:

Live Out loud For God

riiga

Cool, but there is a Show us your intersections thread that is better to post such stuff in.  ;)

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Shadow Assassin on September 18, 2011, 04:59:48 AM

Take a guess what the second piece is great for.

Remember my RHW Teaser? I originally wanted to use more FARHW pieces, but placing two FAMIS short curves next to each other proved to be space-consuming. Could this be the piece that could've made my cloverleaf more awesome?

-----

And another thing: Have you guys noticed that the number of posts on this thread is finally over 9000?
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

gn_leugim

Quote from: mrtnrln on September 18, 2011, 06:37:20 AM
Quote from: gn_leugim on September 18, 2011, 05:19:23 AM

Do you see in the Network Addon Mod folder a directory with the name "Rural Highway Mod"? If so, delete it.

Nop sir, I do not have such instalation. when I instaled the new NAM RHW WNM etc etc I unistaled all and re instaled everything from scratch.

Anyway I foun the issue, it was on the European textures mod override. once I removed the euro textures, it showed up right.

Paul 999

Today just trying some things with the new RHW. The new Exit / Entrance Ramp stand are good but I miss one thing. I believe that i have build an D type ramp in my picture. It is not possible to build this ramp whit the same space between the RHW-4 and the EMIS with exiting/acceleration lanes. Why was this chosen? I find it really unfortunate that this is not possible. There are many solutions to make it whit exiting/acceleration lanes but its takes too much/more space, see picture 2. I hope these ramps will be added in the future.

And another problem, how can I fix this? I've temporarily solved this by placing an avenue viaduct in the middle.

MandelSoft

Have you tried the FAMIS ramps? These work excellent.

About the last pic: looks like a RUL instability issue there...

noahclem

Those puzzle pieces look great Shadow Assassin!  &apls &apls

@ Riga - The new Euro textures are looking good but they seem a little too bright and white to me. Maybe a bit of dirtying and darkening? And I agree with Maarten that it would be nice to have solid white shoulder lines available. Anyway, nice work  :thumbsup:

riiga

Quote from: noahclem on September 18, 2011, 11:47:15 AM
@ Riga - The new Euro textures are looking good but they seem a little too bright and white to me. Maybe a bit of dirtying and darkening? And I agree with Maarten that it would be nice to have solid white shoulder lines available. Anyway, nice work  :thumbsup:
I'm satisfied with the darkness of the textures and I want them clean since that allows for much easier creation and aligning, but I will make sure to darken the puzzle pieces! I can also announce that Maarten will be collaborating with me on these textures. I sent him what I had made so far and he's in the progress of making a set for mainland Europe (solid line). Don't expect progress to be quick on my end though, since I have much more IRL work to do since I started university this autumn.

MandelSoft

To follow up on Riiga's story, I'm making some progress today, but I also may have less free time now since college started. The technical difference between my previous texture set and the one we are developing right now is that this one uses vector-based images instead of pixel-based images. This means I can modularize textures quite easily, which makes the work a lot easier.

Shadow Assassin

QuoteRemember my RHW Teaser? I originally wanted to use more FARHW pieces, but placing two FAMIS short curves next to each other proved to be space-consuming. Could this be the piece that could've made my cloverleaf more awesome?

Bingo! Indeed, that's why I created that piece.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

arl85

Hi,
I want to signal a (minor) issue: on DDI, it seems that there is a stop line in the wrong place. And also some give-way signs (small triangles) missing.

MandelSoft

Those aren't stop lines, but pedestrian crosswalks.

arl85

Quote from: mrtnrln on September 19, 2011, 04:52:01 AM
Those aren't stop lines, but pedestrian crosswalks.

I'm used to European-stile zebra crossing, so I got confused... sorry  &ops