• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

io_bg's photography attempts [last updated: 29 November]

Started by io_bg, July 27, 2009, 10:58:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

io_bg

Hello, friends, I decided to start a topic where I can show you some pictures I've taken :) The camera is Sony DSC-W150 (8.1 megapixel with 5x optical zoom)

Yesterday I went to the village of Medovo, where there's an ethnographic complex with Bulgarian revival houses. (they're newly built but in an old style ;))

First an overview of the complex: (sorry for the blurry photo >_<)

Some typical revival houses from the 18th century:

A small chapel:

And now a few pics with some colour effects:

Hope you like them! More will come soon!
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

art128

Nice pictures there Ioan, some good angles in it and great composition with the buildings !  :thumbsup: The tree last pictures are in Sepia ?
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

io_bg

Yes, they're in sepia, Arthur. Thanks for the comment!

:sunny: And now a new update :) A few pics from 3 sunrises. I don't like getting up early, but the view of the rising sun is worth getting up at 5 in the morning!
These two are from June 13th:

And these are the Bulgarian and the European flags which are next to the beach:

These are from June 24th. In Bulgaria this day is a holiday and it's called Eniovden. It's believed that if you see the sunrise, you'll be healthy the whole year :)

And these are from July 1st.

Please comment :) Stay tuned for more pics! &opr

DebussyMan

Very nice pics. The revival houses are very nice, exactly how old (or new) are they?
The sunrise is magnificent... bet that 5am water is cold though...

Visit my new MD: Emerita Augusta 1910 - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15184.0

art128

Exclent sunrises pictures there ioan, I really like them. But like Carlos, the people are a bit lunatic cause the water must be very very cold !

Props & Texture Catalog

Sciurus

Very nice pics Io_bg. And when I saw the flag of the European Union, it remembers me that Bulgaria is in the EU :D

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

io_bg

REPLIES
DebussyMan - That complex was built in 2006 and originally such houses were built somewhere in the 18th century. And yep, the water was cold when I took those pictures... But it looks its temperature wasn't a problem for the people who were in the sea :P
art128 - Thanks, Arthur! As I wrote above, the water was cold ;)
Sciurus - Thank you for stopping by! Yes, but after being more than 2 years in EU, live hasn't changed much in my country. It even got worse after the crisis the last year!

And now onto the new update. This time I'll show you some pics from my hometown, Bourgas. Bourgas is situated in Southeastern Bulgaria on the Black sea coast in a big bay. The population is about 200'000 people. In the town is located the biggest port and the busiest airport in the country (especially during the summer). Okay, enough stats, now the pictures. The first and the second show the University of Bourgas, a modern building that, in my opinion, will be worth BATting.

Next is Hotel Bulgaria, probably the highest building in the town.

And this is the city hall. (you can see Hotel Bulgaria in the background)

This is a fountain in the town centre. Behind it there's a construction site that has sit there for quite a long time and there's nothing built.

This is Tria city centre, a large department store.

Here's a church:

And this is the opera house.

That's all for today, hope you enjoyed the pictures. In the next update expect more pictures from Bourgas. And please, comment!

art128

The city hall reminds me some N-Y buildings ! Your city is modern, I like that style, great photos !  :thumbsup:

Props & Texture Catalog

io_bg

Thanks, Arthur!

Here is today's update - more pics from my hometown.
An overview from my Mum's workplace (a 8 storey office):

But here there aren't only ugly and old buildings

Some older architecture...

... and some more modern

And a picture of the university. It's taken with my cell phone, so please excuse me for the not-so-good quality

In the next update we'll leave Bulgaria and will go to Greece, where I was in May.  Please comment! :)

art128

Great photos there Ioan, I really like the mixed architecture in your city.  &apls

Props & Texture Catalog

Jmouse

A really nice variety of pix, Ioan. I especially like the yellow building with white trim in the fourth from last photo. Looking forward to seeing the ones you took in Greece.

Later...
Joan

DebussyMan

Love the pics. Your town has some very nice sights (hmmm... *gets inspired*  /&HiPP/%)

Visit my new MD: Emerita Augusta 1910 - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15184.0

io_bg

REPLIES
art128 - Thank you, my friend!
Jmouse - Thanks, Joan! The photos from Greece are below ;)
DebussyMan - I'm happy I've inspired you :)

And now the new update. In May (this year) I went on a 3-day trip to Greece. First we went to Thasos, Kavala, then Paralia (where we slept in a hotel). The next day we visited Meteora, a beautiful nature wonder. And on the 3rd day we went to Thessaloniki and returned to Bulgaria. The weather wasn't nice all the time, but I enjoyed the trip. I hope you'll enjoy the pictures, too!
First, the port of the village, where we took the ferry to the island of Thasos.

This one is from the biggest town in the island

Overviews of Kavala

Olympus, the second highest mountain in the Balkan peninsula (the highest one is located in Bulgaria :P)

The next are from Meteora (which means "suspended rocks"). On their top there were built monasteries somewhere in the 11th century. Really beautiful place!

Two priests on the top of the rock (I really like that pic btw)

The following pics are from Thessaloniki.
Some architecture...

...sights...

... and an overview

What a nice place for a bike ;D

And, in the end, a picture taken while travelling

Hope you like them! Please comment :)

Delecto

really beautiful pictures, I hope you had a good holiday in Greece, Thessaloniki is a beautiful place, I went ten years ago on holiday, a really good memory.  :sunny:

thank you for sharing your pictures with us!

DEL!

io_bg

*blows off the dust*
It's been quite a long time since I last posted here and I've some random new (and not so new) pictures to show you ()stsfd() Click on the thumbnail for bigger resolution, if you want to see the full size, scroll down and you should be able to see this - "Размер на оригинала: 3264 x 2448" (size of the original: 3264x2448). Click on the numbers and you're done ;)

Now some explanations:
1st picture - the quay in Bourgas at dusk
2nd picture - there has been a "sand fest" here for a few years
3rd picture - sunset over the mountain
4th picture - after the sunset
5th picture - overview of one of the towns I went to this summer
6th picture - just some flowers ;)
7th picture - a river called Osam
8th picture - a monastery that is located next to the river from the previous picture
9th picture - ouch! This pricks! ;D
I hope you like them :)

(edited to correct the links)

Jmouse

Greece must be a great vacation destination. It's lovely and has some interesting sights to visit, like that castle by the sea. The most recent shots are good, too - you chose some good subjects and effective camera angles.

Later...
Joan

io_bg

*Cough cough*
It's been more than a year since I last posted here but this doesn't mean I haven't been taking pictures ;) In fact, I think I got better in that ()stsfd() And here's a proof for that ;D
A flowering tree

Tryavna, a small town with loads of old buildings

Some close-ups

A sunrise

Another sunrise

That's all for now, I hope you'll like them :)

tag_one

Lovely pictures Ioan!!  &apls Especially the one with the shells in cool :thumbsup:

Jmouse

To say you've improved is an understatement! I've always liked close-ups of flowers, and the next to last photo is really good. Interesting subject matter and textures. Hope to see you post more.

io_bg

Thanks for the feedback guys, the next update is coming in a bit! (this is sort of a placeholder comment because this page is becoming too big ;D)