• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Siilijoki

Started by noahclem, December 07, 2010, 06:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

kelis

Great job once again my friend !! Keep up the good work   &apls &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Tomas Neto

Wow, Noah, fantastic update!!! Awesome pics and mosaic!!!   &apls &apls

Congrats my friend on 6 months of your MD!!!

vinlabsc3k

A very impressive job Noah. &apls
I like your mastery to find custom lots that fit fine all together. :-\
I hope you continue this MD to amaze us. :o
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

wallasey

Simply amazing. The layout and imagery is stunning!

supremec

Click on the banner to see my BATs

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

nbvc

Earth quake

Nice update and nice mosaïc.  :thumbsup:
These pictures are beautiful.

marsh

Excellent work. I'm jealous that you get to use all that unreleased NAM stuff. :P

,marsh

Framly

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

Exla357

How come YOU get the unreleased RHW content!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! LUCKY!!!!!!!!

Anyways great job and sorry I haven't been back here.
All  the new NAM stuff looks great and your integration is flawless.

-Alex

art128

Excellent update my friend, I really enjoyed watching the elevated rail/tramway interchange!  &apls
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Ol.S / Benoit

Wow the mosaic is amazing ! I just have the feeling that some buildings doesn't fit so well with the others, but thats a detail, this is very realistic and I love the tram network ! :)
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

noahclem

Welcome back for the second installment of Siilijoki's 6 Month Anniversary Special!

Here we'll expand upon the material from the previous update by including other parts of Igelstadt's core, extensive night views, more mosaics, zoomed out pictures and a peak at the direction things will be headed next. Thank you all for the enthusiastic response to the last update! Personal replies are included at the end.

Unusually for my MD I'll start with an unfinished overview shot of the area, including Igelstadt's core and a little over half of the total developed area on the tile.

Obviously large chunks of this are unfinished but I wanted to give a picture of where development is at up to this point. Note the railway/tram station at the center, the "transit aorta" at bottom and bottom-right, and the central par-clo junction center-right.

Moving east from the square containing Igelstadt's main railway station we reach another major transport center where two major avenues with tramlines cross each other. I had a bit more fun with GIMP than usual on the smaller images this time around, hope it doesn't detract  ::)

Zoomed just a bit out

A night mosaic from the area detailed in the previous update:

And a day view northeast of there:

We'll be exploring this area in detail soon. The water is part of the oxbow lake/canal system I'm developing in the area and the bridge is courtesy of Xannepan

Finally, I'll reveal the next interchange, further south down the freeway and still in the same tile. A lot of the development in the area is going to end up changing and most is not yet done. The junction features all smooth curves (can you count how many total FA pieces?), no steep grades, plenty of merging lane space, and realistic scale. The main reason for choosing that type of junction is it allows me to minimize the length of motorway that has to be orthogonal so there is enough fractional-angle length to angle it into the right city tile at the border south of here. Also, by minimizing the distance between northbound and southbound ramp entrances I can place the next junction marginally closer without encouraging weaving.

I plan on a 3rd and final 6-month anniversary special within a week or so. I'll be presenting some ambitious plans and should have a few treats for it so be sure to stop by  ;D

If you've enjoyed this edition of Siilijoki please take the time to let me know. A big thanks to everyone who's visited or commented on Siilijoki since last December!

Quote from: rooker1 on June 07, 2011, 07:27:59 AM
Great update. 
You have given me a great idea that I would have never come up with.  Thanks in advance cause I'll be trying it out later today in my city. ;)

Robin  &apls

Thanks a lot Robin! I'm curious whether the idea was the tutorial or something else--be sure to let me know how it works out. Glad to see you back in Siilijoki!

Quote from: peter007 on June 07, 2011, 08:18:09 AM
Some stunning pics.
Congrats on your 1/2 year's birthday

-Ernst

Thank you very much Ernst and thanks for the 1/2 birthday wishes!

Quote from: TimberHawk on June 07, 2011, 12:17:46 PM
WOW!!!! I like your city journal!

Great job!

Thank you very much! Welcome to Siilijoki and SC4D! Hope to here from you again soon  :thumbsup:

Quote from: bat on June 07, 2011, 12:47:40 PM
Congrats on 6 months of your MD! :thumbsup:
Some wonderful pictures of Igelstadt!
Great mosaic, too. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the great compliments and congratulations!

Quote from: Reikhardt on June 07, 2011, 01:28:03 PM
Great update, I especially like your use of Simfox's trees, nicely laid out and not too repetitive.  &apls

Thank you! There are some Simfox trees here, mainly where precise placement is needed, but most are girafe's new ones, especially maple and oak. Check them out if you haven't yet, they're amazing.

Quote from: Girafe on June 07, 2011, 01:49:00 PM
Nice job noahclem  &apls &apls

Thanks a lot, it's always great to have you around here!

Quote from: kelis on June 07, 2011, 04:08:22 PM
Great job once again my friend !! Keep up the good work   &apls &apls

Thank you Kelis, glad you liked it!

Quote from: Tomas Neto on June 07, 2011, 06:23:39 PM
Wow, Noah, fantastic update!!! Awesome pics and mosaic!!!   &apls &apls

Congrats my friend on 6 months of your MD!!!

Thanks a lot Tomas! Glad you liked the pictures and thanks for celebrating Siilijoki's 6 months!

Quote from: vinlabsc3k on June 07, 2011, 11:19:34 PM
A very impressive job Noah. &apls
I like your mastery to find custom lots that fit fine all together. :-\
I hope you continue this MD to amaze us. :o

Thanks you very much! It's taken me a lot of time to get all the buildings to fit right so I'm glad if my work paid off.  :thumbsup:

Quote from: wallasey on June 08, 2011, 12:00:41 AM
Simply amazing. The layout and imagery is stunning!

Thanks for the very kind words, it means a lot! I hope you continue to enjoy Siilijoki.

Quote from: supremec on June 08, 2011, 09:55:55 AM
Fantastic pictures  &apls   &apls

Thank you very much!

Quote from: Sciurus on June 09, 2011, 09:17:37 AM
Excellent work! &apls
Guillaume :thumbsup:

Thanks a lot Guillame! Now I just need to find (or lot) tram-in-avenue stations that look as nice as yours  ;)

Quote from: nbvc on June 09, 2011, 11:01:19 AM
Great mosaic. :thumbsup:

Thanks, glad you liked the mosaic!

Quote from: Earth quake on June 09, 2011, 11:51:19 AM
Nice update and nice mosaïc.  :thumbsup:
These pictures are beautiful.

Welcome to Siilijoki Earth quake and thank you for the kind words!

Quote from: marsh on June 10, 2011, 08:44:50 PM
Excellent work. I'm jealous that you get to use all that unreleased NAM stuff. :P

,marsh

Thanks marsh and welcome to Siilijoki--I've been looking forward to your visit. Hopefully we get to share the new NAM stuff soon  :)

Quote from: Framly on June 11, 2011, 04:42:44 AM
WoW! The last picture is amazing :thumbsup:

Thanks Framly, glad you liked it! I made a couple mosaics for this update that I hope you will like as well  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Exla357 on June 11, 2011, 02:27:06 PM
How come YOU get the unreleased RHW content!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! LUCKY!!!!!!!!

Anyways great job and sorry I haven't been back here.
All  the new NAM stuff looks great and your integration is flawless.

-Alex

Glad to see you back and thanks for the compliment! Of course NAM associates have access to some things that the general public does not.

Quote from: art128 on June 12, 2011, 01:43:57 AM
Excellent update my friend, I really enjoyed watching the elevated rail/tramway interchange!  &apls

Thanks Arthur, glad you liked it! It definitely gets its share of traffic.

[/quote]
Quote from: Ol.S / Benoit on June 12, 2011, 06:02:01 AM
Wow the mosaic is amazing ! I just have the feeling that some buildings doesn't fit so well with the others, but thats a detail, this is very realistic and I love the tram network ! :)

Thank you, I really appreciate the feedback. This is one of my first real European wall-to-wall areas so I'm still figuring out which bats work best with which other ones. Glad you liked the update and please continue to let me know where/how I can improve  :thumbsup:

cubby420

Very nice update Noah! I like the overview shot cause it let's us see where you are going next and what you've got planned ;)

sumwonyuno

The City & County of Honolulu, a Mayor Diary based on Honolulu, Hawai'i.

mark's memory address - I've created a blog!

bat

The overview of Igelstadt's core is looking beautiful!
Also great mosaics and night shots!!!
Superb work on the second part of the 6-month special... :thumbsup:
Looking forward to the next update.

peter007

Ooh-la-la

I wanna see it finished
It's so beautiful.

-Ernst

kwakelaar

These are some really beautiful images, especially the nightviews. In the overview I could not have thought you would be able to take that many good looking shots without seeing the parts that have not been finished yet. Very well done :thumbsup: