• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Scenic Routes Around the World #42 - FIFA World Cup Special

Started by eugenelavery, February 05, 2012, 06:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickD

Your islands are beautiful. And I think it is important that you also show the negative side of paradise. Such garbage islands sadly really exist.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

rooker1

Outstanding pictures always is the reason why this MD has been choosen to be in the OSITM spotlight this month!!

Congratulations from The SC4D Staff!!
Call me Robin, please.

noahclem

Congratulations on being selected for OSITM  &apls

You've done a great job with this MD and I really like the tropical, middle-eastern feel. The islands in the last update are beautiful, even the one filled with trash and industry  ;)   I look forward to seeing what you have for us this month!

apeguy

Congratulations on the OSITM! &apls &apls

This is very well-deserved, and I'm really looking forward to seeing what's in store for this month! ;D ;D

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

Battlecat

Congratulations on being selected for OSITM!

The unique style of your MD make this a well deserved award!

Piterdaw1

OSITM!  &apls Congratulations! Very interesting seaport and cities.

eugenelavery

Replies:
nas-t: Thanks.  I spend alot of time lotting stuff.
RickD:  Indeed these islands really do exist.  I try to show all aspects of my countries.
rooker1:  OSITM is such a special honour that really means alot to me.  There are so many awesome MDs that have been featured ans to think I may be somewhere close to them makes me very happy.
noahclem:  I will try my best to make this the best month yet!
apeguy:  Hope you like today's update.
Battlecat:  I am glad you think this MD is unique, thats what I was going for.
Piterdaw1: Thanks, I had never done a seaport until now.

Our journey through the Mahibadhoos towards the capital of Dhiraagu continues with the island of Hithadhoo, about 2 kilometres (1.2 miles) west of the capital.  Hithadhoo is one of the larger settlements in the Mahibadhoos with about 8000 people living on the island.  Due to its proximity to the capital, Hithadhoo is relatively developed, particularly compared to the island of Maeenboodhoo which we visited a few weeks ago.

Due to soaring land values in crowded Dhiraagu, some companies have decided to relocate to Hithadhoo.  This gleaming new office building was built to accommodate these companies.

Hithadhoo also has the best football stadium in the Mahibadhoos outside of Dhiraagu.  Victory SC, the most succesful Mahibadhian club outside of the capital play at this stadium.

Hithadhoo, despite being densely populated, still however retains some great beaches and places to escape the hustle and bustle.

Until next time, farewell from the Mahibadhoos.

nbvc

Great work on that island. Nice beach and port. Congrats on OSITM.

Ol.S / Benoit

Fantastic updates, you are getting better and better... ! :)
Just need some more people in the streets.
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

bat

eugenelavery

Replies:

nbvc: Thanks, your sea walls have come in very handy for this CJ.
Ol.S / Benoit:  I agree that I need more people on the streets.
bat: Thanks, the OSITM is a great honour.

Dhiraagu International Airport is located on the island of Hulhulé, just 1.4 kilometres from the capital, Dhiraagu. The island is largely reclaimed and in considered an administrative ward of Dhiraagu. The airport is served by multiple airlines regularly and then many charter airlines on a more sporadic basis.

Emirates Airlines offers flights once a week to fellow Zouérat Islamic Federation members Gharbiyya and Dhahran and also to Dubai in the United Arab Emirates.

Saudi Arabian Airlines offers flights once a week to Jeddah and Riyadh.

Monarch Airlines offers charter flights from Luton, Birmingham, and Manchester in the United Kingdom.

Etihad offers flights once every two weeks from Abu Dhabi in the United Arab Emirates.

Qatar Airways offers flights once a week to Doha.

While Dhiraagu International Airport may not be the busiest airport around it is a vital link between the Mahibadhoos and the rest of the world and enables the tourist industry to flourish. Tourists can catch a boat directly from the island of Hulhulé to their resort island, most of which can be reached in an hour at most.

In the next update we will continue our look at the island of Hulhulé and the International Airport.

RickD

Very intersting update and nice pictures. I like it when an MD comes with realistic background information.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Yan077

Beautiful pictures, a paradisiac MD, in all the meanings !  &apls

Kergelen

Links to SC4 websites

mgarcia

I love your airport....very beautiful scenes.... I love Qatar Airways!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :P
Wonderful work...I love your terminal...

bat

Great views of that airport. Looking forward to more... ;)

nas-t

eugenelavery

Replies:

RickD: Thanks, glad you appreciate the extra information I add.
Yan077: Thanks for your kind words.  Keep up the Corsica MD, such wonderfully detailed work.  I am planning an Adriatic Coast MD after this one, I might need your advice with a few things.
Kergelen: Thanks, glad you like the airport.
mgarcia: That Qatar Airways plane is rather amazing.
bat: And more you shall have.
nas-t: Thanks.

Today we visit Dhiraagu International Airport on the island of Hulhulé for the second and final time. Today you will see the cargo terminal...

...the Hulhulé Airport Hotel, the Domestic terminal, and the International terminal.

Here you can see the newly-built Control Tower on the Eastern side of the island.

And finally, another mosaic.

nbvc

Fantastic airport. The MMP flora you put on the fields around the airport make it great. &apls

noahclem

Awesome work on the last updates  &apls  I especially like those gorgeous airport designs and the horizontal mosaic. Keep it up  :thumbsup: