• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Scenic Routes Around the World #42 - FIFA World Cup Special

Started by eugenelavery, February 05, 2012, 06:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gugu3

kelis

Fantastic job with your region my friend, I like so much the mediterranian style !! the city wall looks so good in front of the sea... Keep up the good work.

#Jonathan
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

nbvc

Kergelen

I like the narrow streets and the buildings close to each other. The use of xannepan walls under the fortifications looks good too.

Links to SC4 websites

eugenelavery

Replies:

FrankU: Thank you, your compliments mean a lot to me.
Gugu3: Thanks for visiting!
kelis: Thanks, glad you liked the wall.
nbvc: Thanks, I am interested following your middle eastern stuff.
Kergelen: Those xannepan walls are awesome.  I have used them in this update too.

RepublicMaster

I really like this update. :)

The beach looks good, as does the marina. :D

Kergelen

Very nice work. I like this small beach and the marina.
I would add streetlights in the old-town and would put more flora on thne slopes instead of NOB walls.
Great detail with the door archway at the bootom of the stairs &apls

Links to SC4 websites

art128

Beautiful town!

Lovely work on the different area, the beach and the marina are well done.

As Kergelen said, try to put some flora instead of all NOB's walls, it'll give a less...." birck " feel and a more oldish town one.

Also, I know it makes the game laggy, but try to turn the shadow on when you take pictures. Just go to the graphic option ingame, turn them at max, take the pictures and then turn them at the lowest setting, don't worry you'll just have to zoom out a few times ( one or two generally) for the shadows to disappear again.

I Say that because the picture of the old town with the white paved street would look much much better of there was shadows making the streets darker.

-Arthur
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Gugu3

vortext

Great city, I really like all the narrow streets! &apls

By now I think you know what to do next but just in case a short rundown; more mmps (flora, cars, people & stuff) and turn on the shadows!  ;D

Keep it up!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

eldaldo

Wow I love the pedestrian footpaths in that one image.  is this a functional city or is it eye candy?

eugenelavery

Replies:

RepublicMaster: Thanks for visiting Dubrovnik!  Glad you liked the beach and marina.
Kergelen: Thanks for your advice, I appreciate it.
art128: You will notice the shadows are on in this update.
Gugu3: Thanks for visiting.
vortext: Thanks for your advice!
eldaldo: The city is functional, but there is a lot of plopped stuff created in Lot Editor mixed in.

b22rian

everything looks really great.
especially the water mod.
i really love the water mod you use U gene.
but I may have mentioned that before. LOL

thanks, Brian

Kergelen

wow, very nice!
Is difficult that the narrow streets looks good and you have achieved it very well. &apls
The brazilian houses are a good choice and also the street near the sea.
IMO the small spaces in the mediterranean small towns are the most difficult thing to achieve and you have done very well &apls

Links to SC4 websites

Gugu3

art128

Wonderful settings on this Mediterranean town.  I love the way you worked on the slope with stairs and retaining walls.
I'm not a fan of Mediterranean style IRL but I have to say I'd visit your little town.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Swordmaster

Good job on the atmosphere here. Makes me long for summer.

Cheers
Willy

kelis

Fantastic job here !! I love how you worked the hills with those stairs, it looks really nice  &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

eugenelavery

Replies:

b22rian: Thanks, yes the water mod by Rivit does work well.
Kergelen: I was surprised myself by how well the Brazilian houses work.  The roofs are the exact colour I am after.
Gugu3: Thanks for visiting!
art128: I would love to visit Cavtat too!
Swordmaster: Thanks, I spent many hours in Lot Editor trying to create the right atmosphere.
kelis: Those retaining walls and stairs are invaluable to convincing building on hillsides.

RepublicMaster

I really like the narrow streets and waterfront! Great work. :D