• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Commonwealth of Marathon

Started by thundercrack83, November 05, 2008, 02:08:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

canyonjumper

Excellent use of girafe's trees, I'm sure he's pleased ;D

Your friend,
                         Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

Exla357

Hello there,

I am new to this MD but I am hooked already. That terraforming bit you did in the beginning was simply stunning, and those trees make the pics look surreal!
I will be checking back here often.

-Alex

Ol.S / Benoit

Hi,

I love the way you show us your work, and what an amazing work, i'm a fan !  &apls
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

vinlabsc3k

Great job thundercrak83 &apls , I love your mastery and patience in LE!! :-\
I hope that you continue this marvellous MD!! &hlp

257 to 3000 post
My creation at CityBuilders.

SimCity 5 is here with the NAM Creations!!

thundercrack83

Well...it has been quite some time for Marathon, hasn't it!? I've become very busy lately with my work, unfortunately, but I'm hoping to make some more time for things around here...hoping...

In the meantime, though, I was just doing some doodling earlier...

I'd like to get the LE fired up, too, and see what kind of trouble I can get into there...so we'll have to wait and see.

Hope all of my friends here are doing well!

art128

Woke up in the morning for a very long boring day.... See marathon updated, fall on the floor crying.

Two very nice pictures, Dustin! Seems like a nice area with beautiful buildings. One thing though, the trains are quite long for the platforms... :D

Edit, to answer Robin and Pat, the picture is mirrored. I can tell that firstly by the cars, but mainly by the shadows that are not aiming the right of the picture.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Swordmaster

I didn't realize they switched to left-hand driving over in Marathon.  ;D

I'm not sure - this my first post here? If it is, sorry for taking so long - I've been on and off reading through the thread over the past months. Yours is a splendid MD.

Cheers,
Willy

rooker1

I have to agree with Arthur......I was prepared for a long and slightly boring day as well and here youare with a new update to brightin everyone's day. ;)
I too have always enjoyed your updates, I just sometimes wish that you would show higher zooms to get a better feel for your city.  BTW, great use of Matt's train station....Mattb325 Sunken Railway Station.  I have been trying to find/make the perfect place for this station since it's inception.
Good catch Swordmaster, I was just going to mention that as well.  The first pic is right handed and the second is left, it must depend where in the city you are driving. $%Grinno$% Either that or Dustin has flipped the pic. ;)

Great to see you around and I hope to see you and more updates in the near future.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

noahclem

Great pictures Dustin, perfect selection of bats and great night shots. I love the way Mattb325's sunken railway station fits in too   &apls

I hope you find time to show us more soon  :thumbsup:

Yan077

What a come back !
Glad to see you around Dustin, the second picture is just excellent !  :thumbsup:

Pat

Dustin looking good there and I agree left hand driving in Marathon? This is gonna be good to see, cant wait to see more!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

threestooges

Great to see some new stuff around here Dustin. I particularly like the rail station there, though the platform does seem just a bit short for the length of the trains. In the first pic though, what happens to the rail lines on the left side of the picture? They just seem to disappear at the tile edge. Fancy tunnel entrance? Looking forward to seeing what you cook up with the LE.
-Matt

Sciurus

Nice pic for a nice coming back! :thumbsup:

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Battlecat

Great to see you're still keeping your hands in.  A lovely update as always!

rooker1

Happy New Year my friend.  I wish you and yours all the best in the coming year.
I do have one wish of my own and that is we may get a few more updates and see you more often in the coming year.

Robin :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

bat

It's great to see you back here.
And two nice images... Looking forward to more in this year...
Happy New Year. :)

thundercrack83

Thank you all for the warm welcomes back and the New Year's pleasantries! I hope everyone's holidays were as fun as mine (I worked both Christmas and New Year's Day)!

I've been doing some streamlining and tweaking with my laptop, so I haven't been in the game as much in the past week or so, but in my boredom, I present...

It took a bit of time, but I'm happy with the results. Hope you're happy with it, too...if you're into this sort of thing, of course!

More to come!

rooker1

lol
Good one, I like that.  When does the first game start.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

bat

Nice work on that Monopoly version... :thumbsup:
But looking forward to more pictures... ;)

art128

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog