• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Galand

Started by kbieniu7, April 20, 2008, 01:14:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kbieniu7

Well, I decided to start my thread here. This is the country (but actually rather one city :D) named Galand (pol. Galicja) with the capital of Colbrow (pol. Kolbrów).  The biggest river in Galand is Wirta, going across the capital. Galand is member of URSCP (not known too much at sc4dev union;))
(White part of flag is invisible at white background)

Flag

Emblem

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Emblem of Colbrow

Logo of Colbrow

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Now some screens from the city ;)

More soon ;)
Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

TopCliff

I'm really digging the use of all these parks. It really adds to that European feel. Can't wait for more.
Best movie of all time: Ferris Bueller's Day Off. If you disagree, Cameron will send your car over a cliff.

Please, call me Leo.  I quote John Lennon now, a great musician and philosopher. Particularly, one of his songs: You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one. I hope someday you join us, and the world will live as one.

callbat

I love it lot. Really looks like...eerm, Poland?  :thumbsup:

sebes

This is a very nice city that you are building. Indeed the parks around the old town centre make it look very realistic! Can your tell us, is it a recreation of an existing city or is it purely your imagination?

Anyhow, I love your pictures and am looking forward to see how this MD will develop  :thumbsup:
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Pat

That sure is a big city you got there kbieniu7 and I love that massive park by the hospital!!!! Wonderful start here and welcome to the wonderful world of MD'ing!!! I look forward to your next update...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Ennedi

Hello Kbieniu,

Very nice to see the new Polish MD here!  :thumbsup:

Your pictures look very good, I especially like first three ones. There is a very interesting BAT in the central plaza, I suppose it's Sukiennice (a huge market hall at the central plaza - Rynek - in Cracow). Where can I find it?
Your building skills are very good and I'm curious of your next updates. I have only one suggestion:
- Your city looks a bit empty. I suppose you plopped most of these BATs, but it isn't a problem, when you will build some residential zones, the traffic will appear in your city centre too. It would be also good to put some bus stops here, and maybe more eye-candy stuff such as these umbrellas on the central plaza? After all, very nice work!

Powodzenia! (Good luck!)

Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

thundercrack83

Hello, kbieniu7!

You're off to a fine start here, my friend! Galand looks fantastic, so far. I can't wait to follow along with you as you show us move of your creations!

Powodzenia! (I stole that from Adam above)

Dustin

kbieniu7

Thanks for all comments!

Quote from: sebes on April 20, 2008, 02:31:04 PM
. Indeed the parks around the old town centre make it look very realistic! Can your tell us, is it a recreation of an existing city or is it purely your imagination?
I was modeling by a real Cracow's Old Town and parks around it.

Quote from: Ennedi on April 20, 2008, 02:50:40 PM
There is a very interesting BAT in the central plaza, I suppose it's Sukiennice (a huge market hall at the central plaza - Rynek - in Cracow). Where can I find it?
(...)
Your city looks a bit empty. I suppose you plopped most of these BATs, but it isn't a problem, when you will build some residential zones, the traffic will appear in your city centre too.

Sukiennice are at simcitypolska.pl
I'm making zones in the city centre, but the most zones are in another part of city. I will show it next time ;)

Pytkowski

O i see my next friend from polish simcity forum . Great job , il like your city very much
Well done ;)

bat

The flags are really good! Also the pictures of that update are looking wonderful! Great start!

Looking forward to more of Galand! ;)

kbieniu7

Some old pictures from other part of the city centre.

warszawa

You have such an awesome polish metropolis on your hands mate! The selection of BATs are great! I look forwards to seeing more! :D
Visit my Warsaw, Poland MD.

bat

Great new pictures! And like the second one great park and villa-area! :thumbsup:

kbieniu7

I will show more screen soon.
Today you have region overview  ;)

Edit : Please do not use PNG ! IE users won't be able to see them ~Wouanagaine~

kbieniu7

I had to put screens earlier, but i wish you will exuse me  ;D

More soon (I hope i will be ready with them tommorow  ; D)

bat

Some wonderful new pictures there! Nice city overview!

Shadow Assassin

Looks great!

If I may say so, this is my favourite picture:
http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/760/22jj5.jpg

:P

Love the nightshot at the end, it really shows the expanse of the inner city. And so European too!
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!