• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

[REL] TMIP Volume2 - UPDATE: RELEASED!

Started by fafalone, October 09, 2012, 10:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fafalone

Finished MML for dark road sets, both the PLT-ARP ones and the SCAG-ARIP ones; and the TMIP2 jetway over dark road pieces. I left the light jetway over road off since that's more an ARIP addon really.
Also, this zip contains a new version of the ARP roads .dat- replace the old one with this; the old one has an instance ID collision with something somewhere so one of the icons appeared disabled but not hidden when the MML was present.

Edit: Link deleted; included in Preview 4 or newer. (see first post in this thread for the latest version)

Going to keep adding things as they're completed in case I stop again.

woodb3kmaster

Quote from: fafalone on January 04, 2017, 12:25:51 AM
Is this the one you were working on?

<image>

The set I have doesn't have its own side edge pieces, note where the double-line is? Those are sidings from one of the RMIPs and seem to work perfectly though. The pic in your linked thread looks even more complete than that with the diagonal connectors.

That appears to be Tabi's 200-ft runway pieces, which are, indeed, the ones I designed my exit taxiways to work with. Those work fine, and with the flat prop Tabi added to them, the half-centerlines aren't even visible, so they're no issue.

Quote from: fafalone on January 04, 2017, 12:25:51 AMWhat's the problem? That minor center line issue? It's barely even noticable. But I'd certainly help resolve it... why start from scratch?

The issue I've had isn't even cosmetic: they just make SC4 hang whenever I mouse over them in the airport menu. They work perfectly when I plop them via the LotPlop cheat. It seems that my custom icons got corrupted when I added them to the DATs, and I've yet to succeed at adding them without the Reader corrupting them.

For the centerline, I tried BATting a flat prop to extend it to the center of the runway, complete with a large dark stain (like Gwail made for RMIP-3), but it didn't look right in game. I'd still like to make that happen, but I might have to abandon my use of a box or rectangle spline with a partially-transparent texture.

Quote from: fafalone on January 04, 2017, 12:25:51 AMI'd use those, but would love it if you sent me yours even if their current state.

I'd be happy to send them to you.

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

eggman121

I must say fafalone, thanks for reviving this project  :thumbsup:

It takes a bit of stamina to develop content especially if your a solo developer. Can be draining too.

I remember playing with the current work and I am impressed with the current state of work.

I can't even begin to imagine what you have in store for the community  ;D

I am just thinking out aloud here, but with the textures in hand I could make some draggable runways based on the road and street network. It seems logical to me if the TMIP was given some light NAM magic that we could break down the complexity of laying the runway by making a system of draggable pieces based on the road and street network.

I have the skills to make things happen and since this project already has textures and paths would be relatively easy which makes things quite achievable.

Take or leave but this is just a suggestion.

I love your work however  ;)

-eggman121 

fafalone

wood yeah the icon issue I can fix that no problem, have had hanging icon issues myself. PM me a link or send it to fafalone at gmail. I might be able to get a center line prop to work too, but still maintain that shouldn't hold you up from releasing it.

Also, tracked down those runways, they're actually from bripizza.net
---------

Thanks eggman, in addition to finishing this I've got that multi-level airport project to finish up, a good number of those lots are complete. Other departed SCAG members had started some things too I'm going to take a look at, fortunately we all uploaded our in-progress work to a private exchange so everyone could contribute.

TMIP doesn't actually have any runway pieces... do you mean airport roads or lead-out lines? I'm completely unfamiliar with transit network modding myself, but draggable airport roads would definitely be nice. Draggable lead-out lines probably intersect with other things too much to be really useful. With runways though I can really only see a small area where being draggable would help; unless you wanted to make the RMIP taxiways draggable too; but with runways 90% of the painful plopping is setting up the special parts at the end, the numbers/letters, tire fade, guide lines, takeoff point, blast zone.. things dragging wouldn't really be possible for.

Seaman

Quote from: eggman121 on January 04, 2017, 10:54:38 PM
I am just thinking out aloud here, but with the textures in hand I could make some draggable runways based on the road and street network. It seems logical to me if the TMIP was given some light NAM magic that we could break down the complexity of laying the runway by making a system of draggable pieces based on the road and street network.

I like the way you're thinking, eggman :D

But there might be some issues to consider. With the threshold, displaced thresholds, blastpads, touchdown zone markers and naming/numbers etc. there are lots of details to be added to a runway (on both ends) and their actual position depends on the overall length of the runway. This might cause some troubles when implementing a draggable runway. Anyhow, a draggable base pattern with "cosmetic puzzle pieces" like the RHW-ones might actually save some time during construction while providing the necessary flexibility for markings.
A crazy idea: the most time consuming thing (in my opinion) is the construction of the RIMP taxiways. Even the simplest layouts take their time to build. But if they would be draggable...   (altough on a second thought: the cool feature with the tarmac/grass/gate textures on the edges of the taxiway might be too overwhelming to implement  &mmm)

EDIT: ups... didn't get the post of fafalone mentioning the same things... ???

woodb3kmaster

I can see one possible way to make draggable runways/taxiways: Flex pieces. In principle, one could make all the special runway marking pieces Flex-based; overrides for the rest of the runway would spread from those pieces as one drags whichever network they're meant to be used with (maybe monorail? They'd almost certainly need to be model-based anyway, so that they could be the proper width while allowing the appropriate automata to travel down their center). That method would also allow all the runway pieces for a given width/surface type to be placed in a single tab ring, which would save tons of menu space. A draggable method is probably also the most feasible way to build diagonal and FA runways/taxiways, for that very reason.

Come to think of it, Flex-based overrides could also be used to overcome the issue Seaman mentioned re: taxiway edge textures. They could even place props like edge lighting via T21. Junctions with lead-in lines are the main complication here, but might be resolved with overhanging props on lots that are meant to be placed at the taxiway's edge.

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

Seaman

In the unlikely case you didn't thought of that allready for the next version of TMIP2, here's an idea for a diagonal gate boundary line. The same lot as circled in red, but with an offset to match the gatelines.

TMIP2 alpha just feels amazing. Huge leap!

fafalone

The TMIP2 offset-to-diag lots don't line up right?

Will take a look in game later. Gets to be a pain, my airport menu is so massive it takes several minutes of abusing my scroll wheel to get to the tmip lots, after the game takes 5+ minutes to load my million airport plugins.

I suppose they wouldn't looking at the rotations, I think those are the missing permutations noted in the to-do lists. (offset to diag C and D)

Seaman

Quote from: fafalone on January 07, 2017, 03:00:55 PM
The TMIP2 offset-to-diag lots don't line up right?

they are totally fine (yellow circles). I just mentioned another item worthwile to be on your to-do list (orange circle)  ;). If I understood your notation correctly, it's "Offset Left to Diag B" or "Offset right to Diag A".

Quote from: fafalone on January 07, 2017, 03:00:55 PM
Will take a look in game later. Gets to be a pain, my airport menu is so massive it takes several minutes of abusing my scroll wheel to get to the tmip lots, after the game takes 5+ minutes to load my million airport plugins.

I know exactly how that feels  :D  this mousewheel kept me busy the whole saturday long...

fafalone

Ok so I believe these two should address it right?

Is there any other major omissions before I update the main package?

Edit: Link deleted; included in Preview 4 or newer (see first post in thread for latest version)

Seaman

Quote from: fafalone on January 08, 2017, 09:22:58 AM
Ok so I believe these two should address it right?

:)  :thumbsup: exactly

Quote from: fafalone on January 08, 2017, 09:22:58 AM
Is there any other major omissions before I update the main package?

not that I am currently aware of. I found a naming/description/icon error where "left" and "right" was mixed up in the two mirrored lots, but i believe it was TMIP1 and the functionality is unaffected. So maybe not worth mentioning. ;)

fafalone

All changes since Preview 3 have been merged:

TMIP Volume 2 Preview 4
(Note: for about an hour after upload the zip didn't have the ARIP roads in it, if you're missing those re-dl, sorry about that, forgot I had them in a different folder when i zipped things up)

We're very close to public release time now... besides any bug reports (e.g. Seaman if you can be more specific on which lot?), there's only three issues I'd really like feedback on before finalizing the feature set:

-For the red/white vehicle boundaries for dark taxiways, are there any combinations that really need to be added?

-Should any more MMLs be made, and if yes what should be covered by each one?

-Are there any not yet included misc airport props that need to be available on plain taxiway tiles, on roads, or should any more larger equipment group lots be included?

Edit: And one more:
Since a lot of us build mega airports, should I include larger ramp filler pieces? RMIP has 1x1's and larger grass fillers... should I include 2x2, 3x3, and 4x4 dark and light ramp fillers?

I think I'm going to; have the lots done.. lotted, modded, custom icons. The public release is going to be like the alpha, all individual lots in their folders, instead of combined into a giant .dat, so that people can pick and choose if they don't need particular lots or sets of lots.

Seaman

I will look into that in the next 24 hours.

Quote from: fafalone on January 08, 2017, 02:46:16 PM
-For the red/white vehicle boundaries for dark taxiways, are there any combinations that really need to be added?

-Should any more MMLs be made, and if yes what should be covered by each one?

-Are there any not yet included misc airport props that need to be available on plain taxiway tiles, on roads, or should any more larger equipment group lots be included?

And one more:
Since a lot of us build mega airports, should I include larger ramp filler pieces? RMIP has 1x1's and larger grass fillers... should I include 2x2, 3x3, and 4x4 dark and light ramp fillers?

Edit:

Quote from: fafalone on January 08, 2017, 02:46:16 PM
We're very close to public release time now... besides any bug reports (e.g. Seaman if you can be more specific on which lot?)

I've sent you a PM on this

Edit2:

maybe this setup is worth looking into (proposed lot circled in yellow, same setup as proposed in an earlier post for the light texture ramps)

regarding the MMLs: I do not use them, therefore I cannot say anything about them.

regarding large fillers: Nice idea! I would utilize the 2x2 and maybe the 4x4, while discarding the 3x3 (keeping the number of lots in my airport button section in mind)  :D - on the other hand: since you do not datpack all your lots, maybe you should include all three and remember the users to delete unused variants.

fafalone

Yeah there's tons of permutations for those crazy red/white lines... I'll add the ones you suggested, maybe a couple more... but probably not every possible scenario; that would probably wind up being a dozen more lots or more.

Edit: Had a lot more motivation than I thought today; got those two done, will be in the next full update since they require a Core update.

joelyboy911

Hey wow - this is incredible. I've been away from the game for a long time, but I was checking the site just quietly every so often - and I've been thinking about getting back into playing. Amazing to see others are back (and/or still here!) as well.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

fafalone

Awesome, whats up joel! :thumbsup: Looks like you're just like me in falling back into the wonderful SC4 community as there's still nothing better.
  :bnn:
-----------------------
Here's the updated TMIP2, Release Candidate 1. If there's no bugs or missing lots that should really be made for this version, this should go up on the exchanges soon.

FAF_TMIP_Vol2_RC1.zip (link removed, see main post for new release)

The Core file has been updated for those new vehicle bounds, so make sure to replace that too.

Seaman

Quote from: fafalone on January 14, 2017, 09:26:53 AM
Here's the updated TMIP2, Release Candidate 1. If there's no bugs or missing lots that should really be made for this version, this should go up on the exchanges soon.

great  &apls  I will have a look at it asap.

EDIT: seems good so far. Release Candidate 1, you are clear for take off.

fafalone

No problems reported so I've made the official release. Has installer and readme.

Official Releases
Taxiway Marking Improvement Pack Volume 2

TMIP Volume 2 MMLs

Seaman

2017: fresh airport related custom content, here we come. Yeah baby!  :thumbsup:

WZNGT

Hi, glad to see the release of TMIP2 after a long absent, it's even been another year and a half after the release...

Not sure if you are still here again but I just really want to know if there's anything left for SCAG's 737 AEW&C(E-7 Wedgetail now) project, been really wanted it since my Chinese junior high school years and now I am in the last year of my Australian high school course, been to Amberly twice and saw some E-7s with my own eyes(even into the hanger in 5/June/2017 with Boeing Excellence Program)! Images will be appreciate, they seems all gone and I can't find a single, not daring to think of it's release since all these years have passed. TAT
SC4/ NFS/ Burnout Paradise/ HAWX2/ Ace Combat seires/ Gran Turismo 5/ Battlefield series/ The Division/ etc. :P