• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Akhura Metropolitan Area...

Started by 2natgali, March 07, 2010, 11:41:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2natgali

This is my first MD and practically my first time actually using mods and plugins so crits/suggestions would be appreciated! 

Not really a theme, (I'm not as creative like the rest of you guys yet!), but I used the stock Timbuktu region and just decided to go from there.  I will post pictures in the upcoming days, and updates when I get the chance. 

Edit: 

*Some preliminary pics...

I dunno if my computer is glitching or what, but there was an area "stuck" in underground mode while I was aboveground... and also I know I could have minimized the toolbar but w/e  :)

Felton:

-The town of Felton is mostly an agricultural/industrial town.  Not much of a population here, but a whole bunch of vines!  Interstate-6 runs from East-West through Felton, and intersects with State-Highway 22B at the eastern-most part of town.  At the intersection is a KFC/AW establishment and a Chevron gas station. 

-Another view....not sure how I can get CAM to work and start developing other types of agriculture, but I will figure it out!   

-A view of the fields to the northwest of the town.  You can see the small industrial strip directly to the west. 

-A view of the southwestern part of town...you can see one of the various sparsely spaced neighborhoods as well as the KFC and Chevron joints located at the intersections of Interstate-6 and State-Highway 22B. 

canyonjumper

Sounds great! I've only seen what I've done to the default region, so it'll be interesting to see what you do ;D

-Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

ecoba

Welcome to SC4D, 2natgali. Glad to see that you've entered the world of MDing. My suggestion would be to not be afraid to download a lot.

Don't worry about themes, a lot of MDs don't have specific themes. I would look around at other MDs and see if you find a style you like, then try to emulate that in your own way and show it off.

Also, please post some pictures soon. It'll get you more viewers, and it is technically in the MD rules that you post some evidence that you intend on showcasing your actual city. Also please remember to convert your pictures to .jpg and keep them under 1024x768. These are also some of the rules of the site, and a lot of new members are not able to follow them at the start up, and this can cause some troubles later on.

Ethan

2natgali

Mods...Close please?  I don't mean to clog up the board with worthless post/topics but I think I'd better develop my region/cities more and solve some computer problems as well as learn how to use the mods.  I'll come back when I'm ready  :angrymore:

:thumbsup:  Thanks

rooker1

2natgali,
Are you sure this is what you want to do?
The best way to learn is to post here and get feed back.  You only need to post in here every 45 or less to keep your MD active and what you have shown so far looks pretty good.
If I may ask....what are you having problems with?
I would be more than happy to help you out by Pm or even a post in here, your MD.  There are also alot of other members you can get help from.  Have a look around other MDs and ask questions in there.
Either way you want to go, just let me know. ;)

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

2natgali

Okay...I'll give it a try!  I will post updates soon along with a region map  "$Deal"$

rooker1

Call me Robin, please.