• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NHP Cleveland

Started by jonathan1980, March 07, 2011, 03:24:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jonathan1980

i just downloaded NHP cleveland and rendered all of its terrain on this region. the map measures  34 miles by 17 miles surprisingly not all of Cuyahoga county is shown on the map only a few places in cuyohoga county are not entirely on the map they are.

county subdivisions only not CDP's

in the eastern cuyahoga county
------------------------------
1..Cleveland proper (only a small part)
2..Euclid
3..Bratenahl
4..richmond hieghts
5..Hunting Valley
6.Chagrin Falls
7..MayField
8.. Gates mills
-------------------------------------
in the western part of cuyahoga county
---------------------------------
1..Bay Village
2..West Lake
3..North Olmstead
4..Olmstead Township
--------------------------------------

in the southern part of cuyahoga county
------------------------------------
1..Strongsvile
2..North Royalton
3..Broadview Heights
4..Brecksvile

------------------------------
places in other counties with parts on map
-------------------------------
Lorain County
1.Columbia Town Ship

Summit County
1..Sagamore Hills township
2..North Field Village....(nearly the whole thing)
3..North Feild Center Township (small piece ,only a few blocks in size)
4..macedonia
5.Twinsburg
6.Twinsburg Town ship
7..ReminderVille
-----------------------------------------------------

all in all its a very good map shows a very detailed part of the cleveland Urbanized area

one mile is 60.235 tiles.

my only question is , is there a way to do a code like in SC3000 so you can see the number of the coordinates for the map sqaures? casue in SC3000 all you had to do was press control shift or something like that.

my next question is how do you unlock the plop mode so you can place any building you want from the game?

i was going to start the map on the very south east corner of the map in the summit county part. and show the main roads including metro 103 bus line. i did acidentally think husdon was on the map so all of this bus route has to be destroyed i put in all of the route from the Stow-husdon border to just a bit passed Hudson center. there was a part i was going to make from that to the end of the line in executive park way. but now i wont have to husdon is not on the map. i got carried away with trying to make a big region so doctor wright said that sim city is basically trial and error and you find things out as you play it.

from
jonathan

jonathan1980

I just made a hugh Discovery Summit county Metro 103 dead ends at the city of Husdon and does not come close to connecting with cuyahoga RTA bus lines. this leaves all of former Twinsburg township area with out city bus service the nearest route would be Cuyahoga county 90f route 27f also comes close to twinsburg area.

i discoverd there actually is a busline for twinsburg but it would not be very functional its called the Parta cleveland exspress. and i think it would not be functional because sims probably arnt like real life people and cummute on the bus between diffrent towns that are on diffrent maps. my guess it sims dont travel between diffrent maps like people do in real life.

the Bus stop in Twinsburg is not located on NHP cleveland. this map only covers a one mile wide strip of twinsburgs north. so i could not put in the Parta bus terminal at creekside drive. this is the final mass transit update for twinsburg on this map.

these discoverys are important becasue this means that people in twinsburg center will be more isolated from the greater cleveland comunity by public transit that im trying to build.

so far my region population is only 10,100 people but my goal is to fill up the map and abtain the 1.5 million people that live here in real life.

Lowkee33

Welcome to SC4 Devotion, Jonathan :)

Perhaps you should open a Mayor Diary for this project

Quoteone mile is 35.408 tiles.

Are you saying that the map is out of scale?  One tile is 16x16 meters in-game, so a square mile is about 100x100 tiles.

Quotemy only question is , is there a way to do a code like in SC3000 so you can see the number of the coordinates for the map sqaures? casue in SC3000 all you had to do was press control shift or something like that.

Place Buggi's Extra Cheat into the plugin folder in Program Files/Maxis/.../Plugins Folder (not sure which one it is, I know it has the background images in it).  This is different than normal plugins that go into your MyDocs/Plugin Folder.  This makes no difference for functionality of the mod, but it is a way to keep it separate from normal plugins.

At that point you can hit Shift-Ctrl-Alt-X (in-game), and a message box will pop up.  Type "terrainquery" (no quotes) and your query will now display terrain info.  X, Y, and Z coordinates are given.  Y is the altitude.  I believe the point 0,250,0 would be sea-level in the North West corner of the map.

Quotemy next question is how do you unlock the plop mode so you can place any building you want from the game?

Also with the Extra Cheat Dll.  Type "buildingplop" or "lotplop", although I hear "buildingplop" is preferable.  Doing this will make your city non-functional, so be warned.  Plopped buildings don't create "out-traffic", so you residence don't make commuters (and therefore can't find jobs) and industry don't make freight.  Just keep your game in Pause...

For more cheat functions check out this thread:)

jonathan1980

i totally messed up royally. the map only exstends 2/3rds into bay village. and i already plotted out most of hudson ,ohio.

its not supposed to have husdon ohio. the eastern boundary of the map is the summit county-portage county line.

i really messed up bad because the map is not suppose to go that far south  the east to west dimension is only 34 miles and not 57.84 miles like i thought it was. i will have to raze the entire town of husdon cause its in the wrong city box on this cleveland region map its not supposed to be in any city box on cleveland region. and i spent 2 days working on it.

jonathan1980

right now i dont need plop mode cause im only working on the suburbs and ploting out towns. but keep that information you just gave me on this thread for future reference.

i dont think the map was supposed to include hudson township but i was following the route of the cuyahoga river and it made this big curve and it looked right to me and this 35 tiles per mile thing was working out really well becasue this suburban areas im able to maintain a real life like population density even with low density zoning.

i re-examined the map of NHP cleveland and i discovered it actually is supposed to be 34 miles east-west. thing is its only 17 miles north-south so it really is not supposed to have Hudson,ohio. the south boundary cuts off before getting to the most southern part of cuyohoga county. thing is i heard bunch of people saying that in this SC4 game you could get 10s of millions of people and i just got carried away with trying to build a really big region. on this map its only supposed to be like a little over 1 million people or so. but it may take a few years before i finish this map. next time i start will be on the western most part of the map at Bay Village.

jonathan1980

no im not saying its out of scale. im saying its at a diffent scale. but 100 tiles across is a little too much detail for 1 mile for me and this 60.235 tile mile is more realistic. probably more realistic than i can handle but ill have to adapt to build this NHP cleveland to scale. i found the southern and northern boundares the southern boundary is one mile south of Solon. the northern boundary is 3 miles north of pepper pike

you would not beilve what i seen when i was editing the terrain one the city box i named South Euclid there was a peice of water territory that was not supposed to be on the map and in the water i seen some kind of sea life. it was amazing. but none the less i filled in all this territory with land it cost a little over 200,000 Simoleons but i did the weakness pays cheat over 200 times and got my money back. i never thought there was sea life on the game only land creatures. so i was kinda sympathetic to having killed off the sea cretures and there habitat. but oh well i seen sharks and whales.

Never mind the renaming of the cities question is figured it out a few hours ago . i also named all the other city box'es

Rayden

Quote from: jonathan1980 on March 09, 2011, 03:28:20 AM
my question to you now is is there a way to re-name cities? cause i gave 4 maps the wrong names.

Download that file - Buggi's Extra Cheats - and when installed you can press Alt_X and write on the pop up box "WhereRUFrom" followed by the name of the city you want.

jonathan1980

i just got back from borders book store and i bought a greater cleveland street atlas for $21.29 copyright 2009. then i went to the library and copyied a few pages so i can drawl all over them with zoning data from google map information.

Lowkee33

Terrain in SC4 can be any picture, including a map (concept).  I wonder if making the terrain be the actual scale map would make life easier.  There would be quite a few drawbacks, such as it only really working in zoom 0, but it might make laying major roads easier.

jonathan1980

im noticing a drawback of the map using real world data. in the village or reminderville ,ohio theres a road thats enters the map from the region bordering my region to the east then the road leaves my region to the south then the road re-enters my region then joins the main road of the village. this road is called Nautilus trail. and while it leaves my region and goes into the south two culdesac roads branch off of it and enter my region. i put all of this on my map i conected it with power and water but it wont grow becasue the people cant get jobs in the rest of the city so the only solutions are to put in fictional buesnesses on   Nautilus trail or draw california street south all the way to nautilius trail and also draw in a second nautilus trail called  Nautilus trail north that would go along the boundary of the map in addition to  Nautilus trail south thats off map. and this would conenct up the two unconected culdesacs called Anchorage cove and skippers cove. i could also do both i could construct both new streets callifornia street exstention and the  fictional Nautilus trail north . as well as build some fictional small low density commercial at the intersection.

so what should i do? because id like to continue to see this area be developed and try not to be too far-fetched but progress in SC4 take creative solutions my solution and i need the additional population that lives here in real life.

march 13
i decided to build my fictional road exstentions. plus another for the freeway near the down town map. thing is also i downloaded some freeway road signs last night but only two one was Grand ave the other was the exit sign in Interstate 77 for ohio turn pike which ill build at the souther boundary of the region.they showed up in my firestation options . and i placed  grad ave in my city. in real life interstate-490 dead ends at east 55th street and bower ave but i made it dead end 2 blocks north at east 55th and grand ave and the old dead end is visable but its not functional cause i used a t-interchange type over all im happy with the new grand ave addon. the other freeway signs were not part of NHP cleveland either Akron,ohio or san francisco but i was trying to get this sign for the ohio turnpike. i wont be able to do as much simcity today becasue i have to do job search activities today and put in applications online.