• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

A Compendium of Interchanges....

Started by mightygoose, June 02, 2007, 12:36:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnnyman7

Since this is the interchange thread...

On my way to work in downtown LA, I pass this interchange everyday (the 110 and the 105 freeways). It's absolutely humongous, and comprises of 5 or 6 levels. There are not only ramps going to/from each freeway, there are also carpool ramps that go directly to/from carpool lanes on each freeway. Alot of concrete just to manage an interchange between 2 city freeways.....

If we could only do this in SC4!

Monorail Master

:o :o :o :o (has heart-attack due to how shocked I am now after looking at that interchange and then imaging it in SC4) response to "If we could only do this in SC4" by Johnnyman7. response is------ I WISH MAN!!!!!!
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

nerdly_dood

I think I see ramps going off to the avenue on the bottom of the image, which are kinda merged with the big stack thing.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

MandelSoft

And I thought the Prins Clausplein was complicated ....  :o
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

blade2k5

Only in Los Angeles.  Those interchanges are almost like an art form the way they build them out there. :D

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

Dexist

Tarkus

Dexist, please do not bump threads that have been dormant for 7 months. 

-Alex (Tarkus)

mightygoose

epic threadomancy..... 18 months later.... copied from the interchange guide so not to clutter it up further.

Quoteok i initially connected it to RHW4 then i realised they were RHW2 stubs... so i tried that, then i realised the one way issue and went to OWR.... lol so RHW 4 it is. the idea behind the experiment is minimising bridges....

OK MAJOR EDIT : - 201011030235

ok lets try a grade separated divergent stack...

first i drew out the main carriageways, as i would need them.

shadow assassin's hole diggers...

road tiles show perfect configuration for a wide S.

the middle sections have the yellow lines on the outside remember....

make your bridges then drag the rhw4 next to the bridge it will autochange the underbridge texture...

to lay these inner curves i had to demolish the underlying RHW tiles....

my problem the only inside ramp available is A, B is required...

so i am stuck at the minute but my experimentation will resume another day.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

gooper1

Nice interchange-in-progress, but it is a space monster...
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

Bunny is a friend of weasels. So should you. GO WEASELS GO!

jonathan1980

i need help in designing large intersections. so far i been used to designing my cities on simcity3000 and it was not until a few days ago that i was more interested in Simcity4 beilve it or not i bought Simcity 4 a little over a year ago. but i did not like SC4 at first becasue it did not have a real region based on alocation near my hometown. until i discovered NHP cleveland this is a region thats only located 25 miles from my house on the south side of akron, ohio.

i was used to playing a region on SC3000 called central-akron and it measured 9 by 9 miles. covered the downtown all the way over to a few blocks passed the center of tallmadge city.

and i think that the widest my freeway routes would get was only 4 tiles across this is the 2 tiles for the freeway carrageway plus two tiles of open space with trees on them. on this map 1 mile was 28.445 tiles.

ok illget to the point 1 mile on NHP cleveland is 60.235 tiles across alittle over double the detail of my SC3000 city. so how much more wider does a freeway have to be?

march 11,
no im not basing it on claculations or anything like that its just the NHP cleveland map does not use this 100 tiles to the mile calculation. and its calculation is still double what im used to. wo i am considering that a man freeway carrageway could be two avenues seperated by a tile of open space with trees and ofcourse the two tiles of trees on the other sides of the avenues thos the freeway carrageway would be 7 tiles wide. reason why i want to use avenues is becasue im not sure if two halves of a freeway carrage way can both be designated as one way. and im also wanting to know if both halves of a avenue can be designated as one way?.

other than that thats all i got so far. casue im trying to build NHP cleveland to the scale thats come with its map which is 34 miles by 17 miles.

Tarkus

The scale in SC4 works out such that each tile is 16 meters on each side.  16m roughly converts to 52.5 feet, meaning 1 mile is actually about 100.57 tiles, so between 100 and 101 tiles, not 60.235.  If you're trying to base things on your SC3000 calculations, the size of an SC3000 tile would be 3.53 times larger than an SC4 tile, so a 4 tile ROW in SC3000 would be about 14 tiles.

-Alex