• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Federal Republic of Belleny - A long way to go (map)

Started by nas-t, February 25, 2012, 10:08:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rooker1

I have to agree with nbvc, great use of the seawall.
And great pic too.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

Ol.S / Benoit

Oh man... your island is gorgeous, one of the best I have seen so far here... The overview is  &hlp ...

I really think you should rework that village which is not the best, and this could be a real masterpiece (If its not already one...)
Just forget the SAM and Maxis roads here, using Yann's technique for the roads in Corsica, and maybe reworked some LOTs...

Anyway, this is amazing ! :)
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

noahclem

Great start on your MD  &apls  Great islands and I love all the paths and the beach  :thumbsup:

nas-t

It's been a long time since my last post, but it doesn't mean that i wasn't playing. i continued with the island of vale which takes longer than i thought. but here's a little teaser! ;)

replies with the next full update

Teaser II

(Cliffton/ Vale)

Kergelen

Links to SC4 websites

DaveN

Great job.
Well do you cope with the various mods MMP.
Views as the living.  &apls

nas-t

Replies

thanks to: daveN, kergelen, noahclem, chester, robin, willy & wanngeelondon, i really appreciate your nice comments!

to nbvc: thanks for making those nice seawalls - easy to use in so many ways  ;)

to Ol.S / Benoit: first of all, thank you for your critique. i have to admit the city is not the best and it could be more realistic. i'm still learning how to rework lots and i promise i'll be better in future. ;) I really like Yann's technique, its truly stunning and i was thinking about doing it the same way. but after a long time i decide to play the classic way. i wanted to build a region that interacts the way maxis once wanted it to. unfortunately that force some cosmetical issues :(

Update 2: Vale (Pt. I)

This time we explore the western part of Vale. Vale is a rocky small island located north of Saint George Island. Scientists believe that Vale was once part of the Bellean main island before it detaches during the last ice age.

Let's start in Cliffton with its ~20m high cliff coast called "Stairways" by locals.

(Cliffton)

(The Stairways)

The Vale Surf Cup annually takes place in early may turning the islands harbor into a world famous surf spot.

(Town of Vale)

If you follow the path on the right you will get to Cliffton.

(Town of Vale with lighthouse)

Good news for surfers who ain't got deep pockets - Vale got a campground! ;)

Last but not least: Midtown. A nice place to enjoy the nature - especially during sunset.

(Midtown)

I hope you like the update! next time: Vale (Pt. II)

WannGLondon

Gorgeous pictures. Reminds me a lot of Ireland.  :)
Call me Warren.

nbvc

art128

Breath taking. Such beautiful pictures. This town is clean, simple and yet, very detailed. Good job.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

mgarcia

Your work is absolutely gorgeous...very detailed, very beautiful....I had my jaws down the entire while i was looking at it.   &apls  :thumbsup:

Yan077

First time I see your MD;... and this is absolutely brilliant  &apls &apls &apls

The cape with those wild coasts reminds me a lot Ireland or maybe nordic europeean countries... lonely feeling ...

Please, keep up the good work   :thumbsup:

namspopof

STRATEGIUM ALLIANCE
The French site for strategic simulation in real time, member of French associative network Jeux-Stratégie.com
My BAT for SC4
ToutSimCitiesFrench site for SC4.

wallasey

Fantastic scenery!

Any other rock mod would have spoilt the look of your island...you made the right choice.

AhmadAzunai

a small town but with great detail  &apls
nice work dude, keep up  :thumbsup:

just click it if you wanna visit my place :)

RickD

My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

nas-t

Teaser III

(Vale)

Next update gonna be huuuuge! ;)

rooker1

Great looking teaser.
In your last update, I really like it a lot.  The harbor is very realistic.  I love the way the land is under waterand how the sand has built up over the years on the right hand side of the pier and yet the left side is protected and still very deep.  Great work and fore sight.  The only thing I think stands out is the black tar road leading out to those last few house at the end of the penensula.  I would have like to have seen the grey road with the dirt sides from the SAM collection.
Other than that, a very enjoyable visit.

Robin &apls
Call me Robin, please.