• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeST

and i thought you said you wernt going to spam :o

anyway, those maps are great, and so is the rest of the project.

well done for getting this far, I hope you carry on till the end of time LOL

and just to let you know South Cold Township doesn't load, though that may just be me

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

dragonshardz

didn't get it did I?

and i meant i wasn't going to spam it to 2200. not spamming, just saying "aw, shucks"

and if i'm not careful i WILL be spamming....

EDIT: It's not just you.

BigSlark

David,

I, too, cannot get South Cold Township to load. According to Firefox, the post looks for the image at imageshack.us but doesn't come up with anything.

I'm looking forward to see what you do to honor Dustin's 2200th post.

Cheers,
Kevin

See, I even self-moderated myself this time!

freedo50

David, I reckon you need to have another peek at the image url for south cold, the image definitely doesn't seem to be there.

Fred

Pat

Well I wont repeat what alot of fine folks have already said David but i think you know what i was going to say lol.....  Congrats to you Dustin for getting the 2200th post here..S...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

dedgren

Went up to Twin Glacier Valley today.

That's the Leaf River at the bottom of the pic.  We're looking west, with the late morning sun over our shoulder.

An honors post...

...guess who?

...later today, and probably some more maps.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Pat

David that is a pretty pic there and looks as cold as it is now here lol.... its currently 18 and snowing pretty hard woohoo our first real major snow  &apls :thumbsup: snowmobiling for christmas i hope....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bakerton

That is beautiful picture there David. JKB
beam me up.... please!
I am the lurker that hides in all the corners and you can't get me out. You may try, but you can't.Please call me Jon or Jonathan.

Jmouse

What a lovely photo. Are those the twin glaciers in the background?
We don't have any glaciers where I am, but it still feels like I'm living in a refrigerator.

Until next time...
Joan

dedgren

The day before yesterday, 3RR Regular* Dustin (thundercrack83) did something pretty much mind-boggling.  After making the 200th and 1,200th comment in 3RR, he returned to make the 2,200th [linkie].  That's either amazing coincidence, incredible fortune or else Dustin is spending way too much time at his computer...

...heh!

So, my very, very great friend- what can we do here?  I know... let's return to Thunder Bay, the place where, 2,000 comments ago [linkie], you first left your mark.

You'll remember this map from a while back.  We've added camera icons at the places the following pics were shot.

R-4 winds around Thunder Bay at the foot of Hawksnest Hill and enters the place with which the bay shares its name.

Thunder Bay is not a place to go for fine dining, but rather good food.

Remnants of another day abound [linkie].

Almost 150 years ago, homes lined the western shore of the bay.

Here and there, some of the old buildings remain.

The Cold Lake canneries hummed with activity.

The only sound along the Thunder Bay Line today, though, is the slap of running shoes on the old gravel roadbed.

All too soon, we head on to the west.  Thunder Bay, though, will be there when we pass through again.

See you at 3,200, Dustin!

David

* What is a 3RR Regular?  Why, of course, it is anyone who has ever comment here or over at 3RR-ST at least once.  We must hold to our standards.
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

thundercrack83

Wow! What can I say but "thank you," my friend! Thunder Bay looks absolutely amazing, the canning factory is my favorite part! I can't thank you enough!

And as for whether it's coincidence, fortune, or too much time on the computer, I'd venture a bit of all three, with the majority of it being too much time!

Until 3200!

Dustin

threestooges

A very nice update of the area. Thunder bay seems like one of the better documented quads, and for good reason (partly due to Dustin's efforts/fortune). I also really like the reference to the prior honor mentioned in #3. It just adds to the depth that 3RR has attained. Congratultions Dustin for the 2200th post, and congratulations David for the effort you put into this.

JanYpe

Nice job as usual. What a cute little locomotive.  :P
Lurker Extraordinaire

Jmouse

Another beautiful tribute. Simply amazing.

Until next time...
Joan

dedgren

So, I flew from Anchorage out to Dillingham this evening.

It's about a 350 mile/560 kilometer flight.  I won't joke that my arms are really tired this time.

Dillingham is a rural (that's Alaskanese for "you can't go anywhere by road") community at the head of Bristol Bay, which is home to one of the richest salmon fisheries in the world.

I have a two day trial here.  Landlord-tenant dispute gone wrong.  I brought 3RR along in my trusty 'puter, though.  We've completed five or six of the Atlas maps this evening.  Tomorrow should be even better.

For those of you who've been waiting, I think it's safe to say that a new dawn is just about to break.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

meldolion

$%Grinno$% when first I saw the map of alaska I tried to fine the place in 3RR... :D

Great pictures David, :)

bakerton

350 miles is nothing to me, even by air or road or water. I thought the map was of 3RR until I saw Anchorage to ...... part of the post. have fun there. JKB
beam me up.... please!
I am the lurker that hides in all the corners and you can't get me out. You may try, but you can't.Please call me Jon or Jonathan.

Pat

David that was a good trip back to Thunder Bay... So real good stuff here and see you soon - pat

dedgren

'Wuz thinkin' maybe I'd forgot how...

"Twin Falls" - Jeronij's new plop water to game water in a few easy steps.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

bwatterud

Yup.  He's still got it.   ::)