• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meinhosen

That transition from ploppable water to in-game water has to be one of the coolest things I've yet seen in this MD, and that's quite an accomplishment considering all the fantastic stuff you've shown us.

Can't wait to see more!
You're telling me I get to be home for more than 12 months?

Gaston

Question for Tarkus,
        qurlix's free-flowing stream mod  ? ? ? ? ? ?      I don't think I have ever heard of that one before.        I'd be curious to try this one.   Or at least see it.    :P

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Tarkus

Gaston:  It's over at ST . . . here is a link to it over there.  Basically, it's a little 1x1 Lot that has an endless stream of water gushing out of it.  If you use it, make sure you make a river/creekbed for it to flow in, or it will go anywhere it wants to. :D

-Tarkus (Alex)

emilin

Quote from: dedgren on February 01, 2007, 11:29:55 AM
Didn't happen in the last pic.

Didn't happen in this one, either.

And that's why we all hate you so much. :D

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

NikNik

Quote from: emilin on February 02, 2007, 02:40:14 AM
And that's why we all hate you so much. :D

No, no, no Emilin. That's why we love him so much (even if he has a beard  ;) )

Great stuff. Never knew that this could be done in the game. You surprise me time and again, David.

(don't you hate it too when RL steals away precious time playing and commenting on the forums)

Nik-Nik

thundercrack83

Quote from: NikNik on February 02, 2007, 05:15:23 AM
No, no, no Emilin. That's why we love him so much (even if he has a beard  ;) )

A beard??? As a fellow bearded person, I am shocked! ...Just kidding, you're right! It is why we love him so much!

Gaston

Thanks Tarkus.    I am constantly suprised at what is still out there that I can use in this game.   I played it for so many years without even know this stuff existed.   Then a year or so ago, POW   I started finding stuff and downloading it to my game.   Finding all these great SC4 sites to talk with people about the game I have enjoyed for so long.    Now I think I spend more time looking for stuff, and talking to folks about it, than actually playing the game.   LOL    So much stuff to download and so little time.     :D    :-\   

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

dedgren

All this talk about love and hate...

QuoteThe Frisco Waco Kid: Uh-oh, Bart. I think Mongo here's taken a liking to you.
Mongo: Huh-huh, naw, Mongo straight.

UPDATEDing!  Shadow (Shadow_Assassin) rings the 3RR Fact Checker bell.  Frisco Kid, indeed!
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Shadow Assassin

Heheh, I remember Blazing Saddles (link). Quite funny.

Mel Brooks is a good director, eh? I have quite a few of his movies. :P

Isn't it the Waco Kid, rather than the Frisco Kid? :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

thundercrack83

Ahhh, Alex Karras. Personally, I liked him as the Sheriff in Porky's. I never knew that he was a pro wrestler and played in the NFL.

dedgren

I'll be posting a couple of things over the course of a busy weekend, but I have some RL to-dos to handle up front...

As I drove into Anchorage yesterday Bullwinkle [linkie] and a few of his cousins were out on the Palmer Hay Flats [linkie] a few miles from my house.

Some days this time of year you see 40 or 50, and a lot closer to the road.

On another note, jeroni's great Ploppable Rocks, which I use all the time in 3RR

are up on the LEXCheck them out here [linkie].

Just a reminder- if you ever feel lost around 3RR, click on the link in my sig to the Table of Contents [linkie].  It's quick!  It's easy!  It's fun!

Most important...It's hyperlinked!!!

A few days ago, my buon amico Meldolion (I think that's it in Italiano) asked me where he could find the piazza

named after him in 3RR.

It took a bit longer to get back than I expected, but here it is

in the heart of old town Pineshore.

I don't have a comparison pic handy, but I hear that it compares favorably with the famous Piazza Solferino in Meldolion's home town [linkie], shown here in a water color by that old master D. Edgreschetti.

Later.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

NikNik

Hey David,

Great picture. I love the wild so upclose.

I saw this one the other day:

Have a fun weekend.

Nik-Nik

Naughty David, editting your post while I am gone!

Great that bridge with rocks.
Is old master D. Edgreschetti realy that old?

Nik-Nik again

kwakelaar

More things to try out, I really should not look through all of these fantastic MD's one after the other, for natural beauty this is obviously the place to be.

thundercrack83

David,

Jeroni's ploppable rocks look fantastic! I'll be going over to LEX and downloading them right now! Great job as always, and I'll be here for the next round!

Shadow Assassin

Wonder what the plural of moose is? Meese?

Love the watercolour.

-- SA
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Yoman

That is very pretty, I love how you can't see all the details because its blurry. Anyway I can't wait for your next update, possibly with a Moose.

Owen

Livin in Sim

Hi, David,

Love the stream, and I am very jealous of your new and improved crops that mature and are harvested on the same schedule as we have in the northern part of the country.  Although, 3RR is a bit north-er yet.  And I doubt you can blame SimGoober, because isn't he from the south where they may have at least one more cycle than us?  Maybe SG wouldn't mind if you uploaded your tweaked ones?  Or, &idea I know, you could give us a tutorial on how you tweaked them??  &hlp Pretty please with %$payas)( on top???  Couldn't seem to get the heart smiley to work.

SA, no, &scl() the plural of moose is "moosen", following the same rule from which more than one ox becomes "oxen". 

Seriously, ;) see you around, David, take care, and I hope your son gets to come home soon.

--Liv  $%#Ninj2

dedgren

Shadow (Shadow Assassin) asked

QuoteWonder what the plural of moose is? Meese?

Nope.  This is Meese [linkie].

It's not "meeses," either.

At least not according to that guy [linkie].

If Liv (Livin in Sim) had her way, we'd be pettin' the doggen, puttin' out the catten, and feedin' the fishen.

...good try, though- it'd be cool if everyone spoke English like a Norwegian...

Whatever the plural of moose is, you can see more of them by checking this out

over at Gary's (Vandy) SC4D Artist's Place [linkie].

More later this evening.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

threestooges

Oh, the things you learn browsing the MDs around here. I had almost forgotten about Mr. Jinx and the meeses (that he apparently "hates to pieces"), but I am intrigued by the antlers in the tree. Do you have any evidence to say they came from the moose in your moose on the loose post? Wherever they came from, it's a good photo, and, when the wildest life you normally see is a brazen squirrel that comes in your open apartment door to try to look around your kitchen, it is good to see something else unexpected. Looking forward to more from the region. Take it easy up there.

thundercrack83

That picture of the former Attorney General is great! I had to write a paper a few semesters ago comparing the way Nixon handled Watergate as opposed to how Reagan handled Iran-Contra and Mr. Meese's name came up many times! By the way, isn't the plural form of moose, "moose," like deer and deer (pl.)?