• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM 44 Now Available

Started by Tarkus, March 22, 2022, 01:30:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tarkus

The NAM Team is pleased to announce the release of the 44th edition of the Network Addon Mod, NAM 44.

Download Link

LEX (Cross-Platform)

RELEASE NOTES
Before you run off in excitement to install the new NAM version, please make sure to read this (short) document first, to ensure the best Network Addon Mod experience.

Note that without the 4GB Patch being properly applied to the game by Windows (and Linux/WINE) users (or the use of the "Low RAM/No RHW" Controller option for users on lower-spec systems/32-bit operating systems), the game will crash to desktop.

The installation for the NAM on Windows has changed, as there is now a batch file (NetworkAddonMod_Setup_Version44.bat) that users should run to begin installation, which will automate the 4GB Patch process. macOS users should continue to use the .jar file, and since the macOS version is a 64-bit application, the 4GB Patch is not required on macOS.

REQUIREMENTS
    • Java Runtime Environment (available from AdoptOpenJDK--a 64-bit Windows copy of JRE 11 is enclosed in the download)
    • [For Windows Users running the 4GB Full NAM Controller and RealHighway (RHW) System]: NTCore 4GB Patch (included in download (4gb_patch.exe) with new automated installation (NetworkAddonMod_Setup_Version43.bat), or available from NTCore)
    • A copy of SimCity 4 Deluxe/Rush Hour. Windows/Linux copies must be updated to at least Version 1.1.638. (GOG and Steam digital copies are already at Version 1.1.641 and ready to use with the NAM.) The macOS version on Steam provides an easier installation experience than the App Store version.
New Features for NAM 44
  • Hybrid Railway (HRW) Features: The Hybrid Railway system now features FA-2 Alt content, new textures to blend with the RealRailway (RRW) system, improvements to catenaries, and major improvements to Left-Hand Drive [LHD] support.
  • RealHighway (RHW) x Avenue Features:
    • The RealHighway (RHW) now has a FlexDDI system, allowing for FLEX-based Diverging Diamond interchanges with the Avenue network at ground level, and L1 and L2 elevations. Additionally, the FlexSPUI system now supports the L1 height level for the Type 120/Avenue configuration, along with stability improvements for all height levels. Both of these FLEX-based items can be found under a new button on the Roads menu.
    • The Avenue Type A1 and B1 MIS Ramp Interfaces have received draggable forms, following the same basic drag patterns as the RHW Type A1 and B1 Ramp Interfaces. (The still-puzzle-based C1 Ramp has been moved under the FARHW Ramp Interfaces button.)
  • RealHighway (RHW) Curves: New 90°draggable Mini-Curves have been added.
    • The new 3x3 R1 90°Curves support the ground-level RHW-2, RHW-3, RHW-4, and MIS Ramp networks.
    • The new 4x4 R1.5 90° Curves support the ground-level RHW-2, RHW-3, RHW-4, RHW-6S, and MIS Ramp networks.
    • The RHW-6S also now supports the 5x5 R2 90° Curve configuration.
    • MIS Ramp network support has been added to the FLEX S-Curve, and minor aesthetic improvements have been made to the L1 and above RHW-4 FLEX S-Curves.
  • RealHighway (RHW) Transitions:
    • 45° Curved FLEX Height Transitions at the R3 radius have been added, covering the RHW-2 (L0-L1), RHW-4 (L0-L1, L1-L2, L2-L3, L3-L4), and MIS Ramp (L0-L1, L1-L2, L2-L3, L3-L4) networks.
    • Diagonal FLEX OnSlope (FLEX-OST) support has been added for the RHW-3 and RHW-6S networks.
    • Additionally, further adjacency stability has been added to the 4x4 90Ã,° Curved FLEX Height Transitions.
  • Bridges: New Viaduct Bridges have been added for Avenue (L0, L1, and L2), RHW-8S and RHW-10S (L1 and L2), and RealRailway (L0, L1, L2 for double track, L0 and L1 for single track).
  • Flexible Turn Lane (FTL) Features:
    • FLEX-based FTL Height Transitions have been added, including for the Type 120 Avenue (Ascending, L0-L1 and L0-L2--use the FLEX Pieces for ramp-style transitions, or drag the FTL setup into the ground end of the On-Slope Transitions to transition the turn lanes to elevation), and RealHighway MIS-2 Lane (Descending, L1-L0, with FLEX Pieces for ramp-style transitions) configurations.
    • Limited L1 and L2 Type 120 Avenue FTL support has been added (primarily for connecting to the L1 and L2 FlexSPUI).
    • The Type 230 configuration for the Triple-Tile Network Widening Mod (NWM) networks has received draggable support for rail-type crossings, including Rail (both Dual and Single-Track), L1 and L2 Rail Viaducts, Standard and Rural Ground Light Rail (GLR), Elevated (Light) Rail, and Monorail.
    • The MIS 2-Lane configuration has also received support for Avenue + and T-intersections (without FTLs), and One-Way Road intersections (with SITAP--Signalization and Turn Arrow Project--support, using the appropriate FLEX intersections).
    • Additionally, Avenues can now end at T-intersections with the Road/NWM Type 110 configuration, with turn arrows provided by the new Avenue Type 020 FTLs.
  • Streets and the Street Addon Mod (SAM): The draggable Diagonal S-Curves now work for SAM Sets 2 through 11.
  • Network Widening Mod (NWM) x Street Addon Mod (SAM): Adjacency support for the Network Widening Mod (NWM) networks' intersections with the Street Addon Mod (SAM) sets has been vastly improved.
  • FLEX Overpasses: The Road, One-Way Road (OWR), and Avenue networks have now received FLEX Overpasses, which allow for prefabricated orthogonal viaduct overcrossings of 1-4 tiles to be built. The length can be selected by using Home and End to rotate the overpass. Simply drag any orthogonal network underneath the FLEX Overpasses to cross below them.
  • Road Viaduct Features: The L2 Road, One-Way Road, and Avenue Viaducts now support diagonal crossings with ground-level networks. The L1 version of this functionality has also received stability improvements.
  • RHW Disconnector/NAM Eraser: The RHW Disconnector Tool has been rechristened the NAM Eraser, reflecting its ability to erase 1x1 network tiles of any network or network crossing combination. Additionally, it is also now available on all network menus.
  • User Interface:
    • The NAM's menu buttons have been reworked, providing a cleaner image and, to improve internationalization (i18n), the English text has been removed from the icons themselves.
    • The buttons have also been reordered, in an effort to improve the overall experience.
    • Additionally, the old puzzle piece-based overpasses have been related to legacy status.
  • Left-Hand Drive Support: Various improvements have been made across the board to LHD pathing.
  • Morifari Victorian Stations: The Morifari Victorian Stations for Elevated Light Rail and Rail Viaducts have been restored, with some associated bugs fixed.
  • Other Bugfixes:
    • Diagonal x Diagonal (DxD) crossings involving the MIS Ramp and RHW-8C network have been improved.
    • The RHW-10S will no longer flip improperly under Elevated RealRailway (ERRW) crossings
    • Pathing issues on the RHW-6C and RHW-8C FLEX Neighbor Connections have been addressed.
    • The Euro textures are fixed on the RHW-6S Type A2 Wide ramp.
    • The extraneous arrows on the RHW-2-to-4 and RHW-4-to-6C FLEX Width Transitions in LHD have been addressed.
    • Drag-through issues involving the Triple-Tile-Thru x Dual-Tile-End FLEX T-intersections in the Flexible Turn Lanes (FTLs) have been fixed.
INSTALLATION AND GENERAL NOTES
Before beginning the installation process, if you have used a previous version of the NAM, make sure you remove it before proceeding further.

To install the mod, if you are on Windows, open NetworkAddonMod_Setup_Version44.bat to begin the installation process. This will begin with the process to install the 4GB Patch on the game, and then move onto the actual NAM installation process.

On macOS, open NetworkAddonMod_Setup_Version44.jar to begin installation.
On Linux, open NetworkAddonMod_Setup_Version44.sh to begin installation.

Note that the NAM is packaged in an installer, and simply dumping the contents of the download into the Plugins folder will not install the mod. Doing so will only slow the game down, and none of the NAM's menu additions will appear.

Note that the NTCore 4GB Patch is REQUIRED if you are running the Full NAM Controller ("4GB Full" options in the installer), which is required to use the RealHighway (RHW) system. If the installation procedure is begun via NetworkAddonMod_Setup_Version44.bat, as is the new recommended procedure, the 4GB Patch should be automatically applied to the game. Otherwise, the patch can be found inside the download, or downloaded directly from NTCore here, where further instructions on use of the patch can be found. Also due to this installer change, the NAM Controller Compiler is no longer run as part of the installation process.

Users will have an option to install one of two pre-built NAM Controller options, the Full "4GB" option, which has a substantial size and requires the 4GB Patch and a 64-bit operating system, or a "Low RAM/No RHW" version that does not require the 4GB Patch, and does not include the code for the RealHighway (RHW) system, the most expansive feature in the mod. The "Low RAM/No RHW" version should be used by those with 32-bit operating systems (i.e. Windows XP), less than 4GB RAM, and/or by those not using the RHW. Users wishing for further customization of NAM Controller size can still run the Controller Compiler manually, as it is available in the download.

Users wishing to simply use the NAM's Traffic Simulator improvements should skip the main NAM Installation and instead load up the Traffic Simulator Configuration Tool (TSCT), which is in the folder of the same name. The tool itself is "TSCT.jar", though may be easier to open using the batch file ("TSCT.bat"). Note that the TSCT also requires the Java Runtime Environment.

COMPATIBILITY

The Network Addon Mod, in its current form with the full slate of installation options, is designed to run on systems with a 64-bit operating system and more than 4GB RAM. Most modern PCs should be able to comfortably run the mod. It is possible to run the NAM on 32-bit operating systems, and/or systems with 4GB or less RAM, by selecting a smaller feature set (minus the RHW) and the "Low RAM/No RHW" NAM Controller option, or manually compiling a smaller NAM Controller using the Controller Compiler.

At least 1.2GB of hard drive space is required, in order to fully unpack the installer, but actual installation size may run from as little as 1.7MB to as much as 1GB, depending on the options chosen and if one selects to manually run the Controller Compiler after installation.

The Network Addon Mod is compatible with the following versions of the game:
    • A) Retail Windows disc copies of SimCity 4 Deluxe OR SimCity 4 with the Rush Hour Expansion Pack, updated to at least Version 1.1.638.
    • B) Retail Windows digital copies of SimCity 4 Deluxe OR SimCity 4 with the Rush Hour Expansion Pack (Version 1.1.641), from all digital retailers except Origin (i.e.
    GOG.com, Steam, Amazon).
[/li]
[/list]
    • C) Digital Windows copies of SimCity 4 Deluxe obtained redeeming an existing CD key (not purchasing) through Origin Customer Support.
    • D) Retail Mac digital copies of SimCity 4 Deluxe, purchased through Steam or the App Store. (NOTE: Platform-specific technical support for the NAM on macOS is extremely limited, and the App Store version requires a more complicated install).
    • E) Retail Mac disc copies of SimCity 4 Deluxe, running on macOS/OS X Version 10.6 (Snow Leopard) or earlier. (NOTE: Platform-specific technical support for the NAM on macOS is extremely limited.)

The Network Addon Mod is NOT compatible with the following versions of the game:
    • F) Retail disc copies of SimCity 4 Deluxe OR SimCity 4 with the Rush Hour Expansion Pack that have not been patched (Version 1.1.610 or 1.1.613).
    • G) Retail Windows digital copies of SimCity 4 Deluxe purchased from Origin
    • H) Copies utilized as part of EA Play (formerly Origin Access)/Xbox Game Pass.
    • I) Retail disc copies of non-Deluxe SimCity 4 (sometimes marketed later as "SimCity 4 Classic"), without the Rush Hour Expansion Pack (Version 1.0.272 or earlier)
    • J) Pirated or cracked copies of SimCity 4 Deluxe OR SimCity 4 with the Rush Hour Expansion Pack.
What should I do if the NAM installer rejects my copy of the game?

The new NAM installer (introduced with the NAM 37 Release Candidate) no longer runs a version check. However, it is strongly recommended that users check the version they are running, as unpatched copies can be unstable. Version 1.1.610 and Version 1.1.613 are NOT supported.

In Case F, the solution is simply to install the EP1 Update 1 patch, which can be downloaded from from Simtropolis here or SimCity 4 Devotion here. To determine the correct SKU version for your copy of SimCity 4, find the installation directory, and look in the subfolder named sku_data. Alternatively, one can simply try all the SKU versions of the patch, until one works.

For Case G and H, see the section about Origin here.For Cases I and J, it is recommended that you purchase a digital copy of SimCity 4 Deluxe (NOT from Origin).

DOCUMENTATION

For more information about NAM installation and this release, please see the "Read First" document, enclosed in the download (0-read-first.html) and available online.

The remainder of the documentation can also be consulted online at: sc4devotion.com/namdoc

Please note that NAM 43 and earlier have been discontinued, and are no longer available for download, nor eligible for any form of technical support.

Thank you all for your continued support--hope you enjoy!

-The NAM Team

JahnSpd

NAM has been getting some awesome new features lately.

AsimPika3172

I loves Sim City forever!

WannGLondon

Call me Warren.

Jack_wilds

5/5 well done over all   &apls

:satisfied:

dyoungyn

Since downloading NAM44, I lost the ability to move around my region.   I have since uninstalled SC4 and attempted to re-download from Amazon Software, to learn that Amazon no longer has the game.  Can anyone tell me where to download and compatible and reliable download or SC4 Deluxe?

Tarkus

Quote from: dyoungyn on May 24, 2022, 06:06:09 PMSince downloading NAM44, I lost the ability to move around my region.  I have since uninstalled SC4 and attempted to re-download from Amazon Software, to learn that Amazon no longer has the game.  Can anyone tell me where to download and compatible and reliable download or SC4 Deluxe?
There's nothing in the NAM that would have modified your ability to move around your region--it sounds like there's some other issue that was at play there.  The Amazon situation is really pretty awful--I noticed they haven't been selling it anymore, but the fact that they removed access is not okay.  If they gave you an installer, and you still have it laying around on your hard drive somewhere, that might be your best bet.

If you do in fact need a new digital copy, I'd recommend GOG.com.  It's DRM-free (use the Offline Backup Game Installer option for best results), so you won't have that same issue again.  GOG is also doing an EA publisher sale right now, so it's on sale for US$4.99 there for the next 5 days and change.

-Alex

dyoungyn

Alex,

Thank you for the advice.  I did try a previous downloaded version from Amazon and unfortunately, the download linked me to open up Amazon.

I never had this problem before and suddenly started.  I downloaded from COG and willing to give it a whirl.  Thus far, so good.

Thank you again.

Don (dyoungyn)