• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dedgren

Here's the Milkdrop texture [linkie] I snagged the basic colors from.

I looked at it and it just hit me.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Jmouse

Gorgeous scenery as always, David, and the hot spring looks great. This sign project looks very interesting, too, and makes me wish I had the time to work on it. I'm getting near the finish line on a project of my own right now, though, and of all people, you surely understand how it is when you're on a roll!

Later...

Joan

thundercrack83

I love it, David! I absolutely love it!

Isn't it amazing the strange places that inspiration can come from?

Dustin

Simpson

Wow David these pics are incredible your pic on sc4 is so réalistic, you make a very good work on your city :thumbsup:
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

bat

That thermal pool looks really nice there in that beautiful picture!
Nice work on all the posts here!
Looking forward to more of your great work... ;)

Pat

ooh my sweet dear god there david I want!!!! sorry but that is simply stunning and most wonderful pond ever!!! Did you make that all by yourself and if you did wow my friend that is simply fantastic!!!!!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

asturianu

Oh my! I can't believe it. I have just seen what I was thinking about the other day..ploppable electricity poles! I always wanted to build some old wooden poles in my rural areas to add realism..and also telegraph poles. And why not?..Matt read my mind and made my little dream come true hehe. Thank you!
Also, I have to say that I don't usually leave comments here in 3RR but I am a fan. I usually take a look 2 times a week at least..its always alive and full of interesting things. Like the crop circles! That was another thing that I really needed.

Great work, you are the master, David. Your showcase of new rural ambience creations from many batters and yourself is surely one of the best things related to SC4 you can see.

Cristian

rooker1

David,
I find new and interesting things in here every time I stop by.  From new transit pieces to new plopable objects and let's not forget the beautiful pictures.  3RR is definately a fantastic place and an absolute must for any new commer to catch up on. 
Great work on the plopable signs and poles, great idea and very well executed my friend. 
What will you think of next?

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

dedgren

Thanks for bearing with me while I took a day off...

I took something called a Cardio-Lyte stress test.  No big deal, but apparently my wife won't need a reading light in bed this evening.

I said I'd keep my eye open up at St. Elmo Hot Springs for a geyser.

Well...

A nice steam vent.

Wait a minute...

There she blows!

I knew if we looked hard enough we'd find one.

More on this later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Ryan B.

Wow, David!  Just . . . . wow!

VIEWS:  115522

nerdly_dood

Oooh... Pegasus has a geothermal power plant available, perhaps it could be useful. ;) But of course you're replicating a RL region, so if there is no real geothermal power plant there then... don't get it. :D
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

j-dub

Funny, I just was at a hot spring recently, and I also managed to see both a yellow Stop, and Yield sign on a road with a solid white line down the middle. There was some other interesting old signals there too, but I'm not going to get into that. David, I do remember that you had this blinking red light in SimCity Societies, I wondered if these types of stop signs interested you.

Ryan, I don't know if you have another pic of your stop sign, in game, but just in case, I made this model already, some time ago, however, without lods.
This in-game picture courtesy of Heblem

Gaston

QuoteI took something called a Cardio-Lyte stress test.  No big deal, but apparently my wife won't need a reading light in bed this evening.

Aaaaaah,   I had that one a while back.      Don't worry you won't glow in the dark for long.     And being able to microwave popcorn without the microwave can come in handy.     :D   Stay well my friend.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Jmouse

QuoteI took something called a Cardio-Lyte stress test.

Not only could I find my way around the house without the lights on that night,
every time I went into the living room, the TV came on and changed itself to the Si-Fi channel!

Love the hot spring - one more awesome detail added to a list that's already overflowing.

Later...
Joan

threestooges

Excellent work there David (starting to sound like a broken record here, but not a bad thing to be stuck on) the steam vent is a great effect, and the geyser is pretty darn nifty too (though if it's possible and one exists out there, I'd like to see a big one too). Glad to hear there weren't any problems with the test (good old Technetium-99m sestamibi... thanks wikipedia), did it come with a geiger counter? Sorry, it's been one of those times, but great to see the new developments. Take it easy.
-Matt

Pat

its late and I think that my eyes are playing tricks on me??? Someone slapp me!!! That cant be, can it??? naaaaaaw!!!  OMDG it is and damn its looking sexxie there David!!! I cant wait to see what you show off now!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

JoeST

hey David

i hope you dont stay like this for long:

* JoeST then tries to find a witty link between Mr Burns and Mr Edgren, and fails misrably

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

metarvo

Quote from: dedgren on August 21, 2008, 06:32:45 PM

That geyser would make a fine tourist attraction.  Of course, too many tourists would disrupt the environment of the area.  David, you must keep the tourists to a minimum in 3RR.  If they move to the area, they might build  :o buildings.  As always, keep up the good work.

Quote from: j-dub on August 21, 2008, 08:06:46 PM

That's exactly like the 4-way stop intersection that I see on RHW's near my home, j-dub.  A marvelous reproduction of RL, if I do say so myself.  :D
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

dedgren

No update today, and here's why.

I'd ask that you would take whatever time you had set aside to look at 3RR today and use it to go over to Emil's (emilin) MD Blackwater (with Islas Gemas).  Our friend is, after a run of over a year and a half (following more than a year at ST) and more than 1,000 comments here, bringing this future SC4D Hall of Fame mayors' diary to a close.  I would very much hope that everyone would find the time today at least to leave a last comment, and then at some point return to read Emil's magnificent work in detail- it is well worth the time spent.

Here's the [linkie] to Emil's closing post, which is an extraordinary read in and of itself.

Thanks- 3RR will be here when you get back.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Yoman

Quote from: dedgren on August 22, 2008, 09:04:38 AM
I would very much hope that everyone would find the time today at least to leave a last comment, and then at some point return to read Emil's magnificent work in detail- it is well worth the time spent.

Not a small feat, but worth every minute of the time you spend doing it, done it 3 times myself.