• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Ahoy, about the High Monorail and High Elevated Trains ...

Started by Pythias900KMB, February 13, 2016, 08:21:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pythias900KMB

After some more practice, I have finally found my groove with the RHW and it is seventh heaven!!!  There is a four-way interchange that employs MIS ramps drawn in the right turn + U-turn combination known as the Michigan left turn whose construction was far more of a headache than it had to be because of my ignorance that needs to be redone ... oh damn, that is going to be a real ditch because the city's finances are in the red.  Anyway, that is beside the point I am trying to make.

I would like the NAM team to explain when it will get around to making draggable High Monorail and High elevated trains in addition to all of the associated puzzle pieces -- some of which involve Maxis highways (from which I am transitioning away).  It simply does not look very nice to have a Monorail line dip down 15 meters just to cross a sunken RHW -- and it is a headache to punch a hole in the walls of a trench that I worked hard to dig to avoid the Monorail pulling up a section of RHW.

Tarkus

The High Monorail and Elevated Rail have a tumultuous history.  They were originally created sometime in 2005 or 2006, back when it was anticipated that height levels would be by 15m increments instead of the current 7.5m.  They weren't actually added to the NAM until 2009, as their creator (smoncrie) was on hiatus for two years, and they were actually assumed lost and removed from long-range plans.  Unfortunately for fans of that feature, even after its recovery, there's never been much enthusiasm behind continuing that system beyond what is already there, and there are no plans at present for an expansion.  The NAM Team does not give public timelines or release dates, in any case.  (The one time we did--NAM 31--did not end well.)

-Alex