• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

RHW (RealHighway) - Development and Support

Started by Tarkus, April 13, 2007, 09:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJ1

Monorail Master

Holy..............($10,000.00 fine by the FCC) THAT IS AWESOME!!!
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

Gringamuyloca

Tamara

nerdly_dood

The RHW-4/FARHW-4 On-Ramp Splitter (3x2) gives one of those "epic texture malfunction!" grid things...
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

Tarkus

It's official, if you haven't already heard--Version 4.0 is now on the LEX.  My sincere thanks to everyone who helped out on this effort on the developmental end: Andreas, Blue Lightning, choco, Chrisim, deathtopumpkins, ebina, jmvl, Jonathan, mrtnrln, Shadow Assassin and toja, and to all the invaluable NAM Associates, who went above the call of duty and tested everything thoroughly.  And to the community for their continued support of this project!  

Hope you guys all enjoy the latest offering!

Also, one word of advice in installing: you must remove/delete any and all RHW Version 3.x files before installing Version 4.0.  The file structure has changed, so installing 4.0 won't automatically overwrite your 3.x installation, and leaving the 3.x files in will lead to some weird stuff.  Additionally, make sure you've picked up the NAM May 2010 release, otherwise, you'll get the pesky "red arrow".

-Alex

Girafe

Report one bug  &Thk/(  ( It's the bug noticed by nerdly I think)  don't know if it's the place or if I should post in the NAM topic  &mmm

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

nerdly_dood

Yup, that was what I was gonna post.

Also, the MIS 90-degree curves have been removed. They were quite useful in the RHW 3-series...

And as for the RHW-2 in the setup currently used in draggable interchanges, that was there before those were available - a click in the right spot and they turned into a dual-sided type A ramp. (Promptly removed since I didn't want it there. That's a test city for whatever I have to test, mostly cop car mods.)
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.

Tarkus

Thanks for the heads up, Girafe and nerdly_dood.  Can't catch them all, I suppose--could have sworn I had textures on that piece--I'll get on a fix for it.  As far as the MIS 90-Curves, they haven't been removed, but they were redesigned.  Try rebuilding one--you'll get some blank squares at first while dragging, but once you drag all the way through the 90-bend, I think you'll be pleased with what shows up. :)

-Alex

nerdly_dood

Ah, ok, got it... not bad!

And now... I've entirely removed the old NAM, RHW and texture sets, but i'm still not getting FLEXFLY, even with the FLEXFLY file in my RHW folder... (I used the automated uninstallers in my Start menu to remove the old ones)

Blue Lightning

Dood: Have you tried going with a 100% empty plugins folder, then installing cleanly and see if its there?
Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

fafalone

Another bug to report:

The Type-A inside ramp for the RHW-4 produced the above bug when placed using the new ramp interface; the puzzle piece for the same exit is seen at the bottom unaffected.

It's a clean install.

TmiguelT

i will have to hold all my city constructions projects until this issues get fixed  ;) .
I got one question though.... When replacing the old RHW and NAM will my roads and highways change as well?

Blue Lightning

Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

Tarkus

Thanks for the report, fafalone--I could have sworn I caught that one (in fact, I built it in the video I did . . .).  I'll check on that one as well as the one Girafe and nerdly pointed out.

-Alex

TmiguelT

Thanks for the quick reply and for the Flexy-Fly system  :thumbsup:

fafalone

I was about to post about not having flexfly too until I decided to do the unthinkable and consult the readme first ;)  Because for some reason the tail end of the curves tab chain was the absolute last place I thought to look.

Blue Lightning

Also known as Wahrheit

Occasionally lurks.

RHW Project

Monorail Master

1st day of release, please expect a lot of:

404 ERROR: TEXTURE NOT FOUND

Did someone in the RHW team doze-off while packing the files and forget to add somethings?
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

Patricius Maximus

One could scarcely conceive of the enormous exhilaration, joy, and gratitude that I feel on this day, with RHW 4.0 being released, a new NAM being released, and the long-awaited Network Widening Mod.

Thank you very much for your wonderful work over the past 4 years. Without it, my cities would be unrecognizable, and with these tremendous new tools you have provided me, they will go through a similar transformation over the Spring and Summer of 2010.

canyonjumper

Thanks so much for this awesome addition to our favourite game!

Here's some stuff I've done with all the new NAM addons released today:

http://www.csgdesign.com.au/CSGf/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=525
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.