• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your Tunnels.

Started by TheTeaCat, November 25, 2006, 07:22:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luker91

great tunnels everyone....i esp liked reydens at the top..heres one of mine...not very big but still a major thoroughfare

hope you like

bat

sebes

@Rayden: that are some spectacular views man. I'm impressed how you build up the structures in this region and still keep the slopes in tact! &apls

@Luker: inventive solution to keep the transports goin' :thumbsup:
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Rayden

Quote from: TheTeaCat on December 31, 2006, 02:16:44 PM
wow I'm impressed rayden. &apls &apls &apls

Just a quick question. how do you make the land bridge. that is something I cannot do on land. Is it done using puzzle pieces and if so how did you do the sides of the bridge? This is something I need to know how to do for a particularly difficult piece of Terrain I'm working on and any help would be appreciated

thanks
TTC

:satisfied:

I was going to make you a small tutorial but then I remember that Dedgren had made one before. I'm not going to transcribe that in here, because  don't have an authorization for that, but instead leave you the direct link to it - Dedgren's Land Bridge Tutorial

TheTeaCat

Thank you rayden for the info. will be checking this out with interest.
That is as soon as ST comes back online.

Kettle's on for you mate!
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Alfred.Jones

Very nice solution for having underbridge rail ;)

Sim City 4 Devotion

blahdy

woo, my favorite thread ;)  Awesome tunnels here everyone!

and a pic of mine... Yes, you guessed it -- I'm in the process of burying my ugly elevated highway underground (which is the reason for massive amount of construction equipments there) in my test city :)

Adriano57

Great tunnel ! It's really impressive

Alfred.Jones

%wrd Uh Oh. Blahdy has come to SC4D $%Grinno$% Prepare to be amazed by his work :P

Sim City 4 Devotion

Rayden

Here is another one. This time I'm using Blahdy's Highway to Tunnel Underground, to connect one city quad to another going underneath the mountains.

bwatterud

Very nice Rayden.  What's that building that spans the highway? 
I'm going to need to get some pics in here. 

Grneyes

These tunnels are great!!! Is there a tutorial on how to make the underwater tunnels? I know there is one for underwater highways on ST, but everytime I try it, I destroy my tunnel.

Never mind!!! Found TheTeaCat's tutorial.

MaryBeth

Cali

"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

NikNik

Great tunnel project Blahdy!

bwatterud. Darn I cannot find it. I tried looking at STEX on Station, Rest, Stop, Truck,Highway. I have it myself but it is well hidden in my plugins map (that I do not have available here at work).

I will look for it when I am back at home (if Rayedn does not beat me to it).

Nik-Nik

Rayden

bat

Looks wonderful, blahdy and Rayden! :thumbsup: &apls

Katten Gustaf

This is my longest tunnel ever. It is about as long as the side of a large city tile and part of a alpine highway i am currently building.

Region view, just to show you the scale of it. The tunnel runs between two cities.

North entrance.

South entrance.

The connection between the two cities sits in a deep shaft.

Neat, isn't it? No ugly and unrealistic highway over the beutifull mountains.

Grneyes

Katten Gustaf, how did you do that?? Everytime I try to connect cities by a tunnel, it doesn't let me.

MaryBeth

Rayden

Cali

"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"