• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toichus Maximus

Congrats on 200 pages! 3RR is going all the way!

Pat

David Congrats on 200 pages of 3RR!!! WOW that is some way oldie but so still goodie today stuff from the past!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

dedgren

Just a drive by...

I don't think we're too FARR now.

The Euro textures are done, too, but I don't want to overload my long-suffering friend Alex (Tarkus).

Yep, we're on page 200.  Cool.  Very, very cool.

Later, my friends.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Pat

I thought you said this was a drive by? I didnt hear no gun shots, all I saw was flashes of FARR wonderful stuff lol  :D

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Alfred.Jones

You have no idea how much I want these in my plugins :thumbsup:

Sim City 4 Devotion

Shadow Assassin

David - the Euro textures look great.

Seeing as you've already got the current FARR... it should be a virtual non-issue for you to create the new, replacement texture DATs.

All you need is the IIDs for the puzzle piece, and it can be replaced quite easily by hand.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

bat

Nice work on the FARR and nice looking euro textures, too! CONGRATS on 200 pages!!!91737

Tarkus

I'm still alive . . . 

This here is what I've managed to get done in the little bits of time RL has granted me.  These are in "disarray" in this pic since I haven't finished the Preview Models/EffDirs yet, and any attempt to make a continuous track would be futile since I'm having to "blind plop" these.  They also aren't pathed yet, but otherwise, they're in place. 

And congrats on 200 pages and *almost* the big 4000.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Nardo69

Attention!

Drool area ahead!

Slippery when wet!

You've come a long way and it seems we haven't reached the end by FARR...!

David, Tarkus: Great work!  &apls

I would like to betatest them but at the moment RL beat me strongly as I recently started a new job.
Even though I might drive you around the corner - but would it be possible to make FARR switch in the curve?

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

girlfromverona

Excellent work, guys! I'm really looking forward to having curvy railroads in my city.  ;D

dedgren

Wow!

We're back in Silvio's quad, Pink SW, working on the access road up to the regional park.

Of course, I couldn't resist running Upper Geode Creek through one of Chris's (Chrisadams3997) new corrugated steel culverts...

Why, why, oh why did we have to wait almost five years for this?

I think pics like this speak for themselves.  I'm only in the first few days, like everyone else, of learning how to use this stuff.  It can only get better.

Speaking of better, Alex (Tarkus), thanks so much!

It's 2:00 a.m. here- the last few hours have just flown by.

Later (today, heh!)

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Alfred.Jones

That is awesome David!!

We are almost at the big milestone aswell!!

Sim City 4 Devotion

XiahouDun

My jaw is now sore from hitting the floor. I could sit here and dish out praise all day, if I could form the drool inducing, eyeball pleasing amazement into words. Just think old Bugs Bunny cartoons like this where he can't spew out anything more than random sounds when facing a female... &apls Chrisadams3997's RRP is fantastic, and your use of it is breath-taking. I'm now inspired to start go back and revive my old hilly region just to be able to pull off works of art like this. And of course all giddy looking at those rails thanks to my new obsession with placing tracks :D.
Current project: Movies 14

You may have meant to search for Houdini. (result of searching for XiahouDun on SC4D)

girlfromverona

Quote from: dedgren on June 15, 2008, 03:16:56 AMWhy, why, oh why did we have to wait almost five years for this?

I know! With all the awesome new content that's been released lately, it's almost like having a new game. My cities look absolutely nothing like they did when I first bought SC4.

One post closer to 4000...  :-\

Ennedi

A disclaimer:

I have written in my last post about cheat snow:

Quote5. The snow level changes every week. To see changes you don't need to save the game (if you want to see seasonal changes on terrain mod textures you must save the game, it's an important difference!)

It is not true. If you want to see terrain changes after running the game for a while, you don't need to save it. Everything you need is to change the zoom level  ;D 
I'm working on something new, maybe it will be interesting  $%#Ninj2
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

dragonshardz

oh thank god that the last post wasn't the 3999th post. I already got my 00. Anyhow things are looking really really good david.

threestooges

Alex, those look great. Glad to hear you're still with us, and I hope you will continue to be for some time to come. Keep us posted on the progress. I'm looking forward to hopefully testing these things.

David, those pics are great. You continually raise the bar for us future collaborators. Of course, the RRP stuff is so good, even a person like me has a chance of keeping up. It continues to amaze me how far this game has come in such a relatively short time.

Lastly, Adam, I'll be curious to see what you're working on. I am sure whatever it is will be quite interesting and probably move the game a few more steps forward at the same time.

Here's to 3998.

dedgren

So, you ask, what informs my sensibilities?

I have always loved that phrase- "informs one's sensibilities"- ever since reading it somewhere probably about 40 years ago.  Everyone who plays SC4 has a vision of how she or he wants things to turn out.  Some build towering cities, some endless suburbs, some sublime Mediterranean villages.  Me?  I like (as if you couldn't tell) the open countryside, lakes, mountains, small towns, wide open vistas, that sort of thing.

Living in Alaska, which is a place to which I moved right around when I turned 40, has done a lot to "inform my sensibilities."  I still think a lot, though, about the farms and fields and the small town and rural landscape in which I spent my childhood.  Illinois, Wisconsin and Indiana, where I spent most of those years, are places to which I'll likely never return, at least for any material amount of time.  My memories of what I saw and learned there are increasingly fond.

"Lost Alaskan" RV Park, Alpine, Texas

One of my favorite fall drives in Alaska is up the Parks Highway to Fairbanks, which I documented a little more than a year ago over at 3RR-ST.

Here's that post, another 3RR-ST oldie but goodie.

09/14/2006 10:08 AM      

Author Icon      
     dedgren
Patriot
      Trixie Winner 2007      

Well, nothing ever quite goes the way you planned...

I made reservations at a hotel in Fairbanks that advertised WI-FI.  I check in last night, booted up the trusty laptop, found the hotel's signal, connected, and...

and...

...never could get the darn computer to connect to the Internet.  I had various hotel staff try and help me for over an hour (they were great- Thanks, Regency Fairbanks Hotel! [ linkie ]).  No luck, and I spent the time I had set aside for ST (I had two orders I have to submit by noon today based on yesterday's proceedings, and thus RL raises its ugly head yet again), so no post last night as promised.

The Regency is letting me use a hotel computer (again, these folks are really kind) to get this post up the morning of the 14th.  So, as with the post where I dealt with the questions, this one may be a "work in progress" as I have various tasks at fixed times (one is coming up in a few minutes, in fact) that I will have to interrupt what I am doing here to deal with.

So, without further adieu, heres the few pics I took on the drive up here.  As the only sunny part was in the area of Mount McKinley, it figures prominently.

I'm on the Parks Highway, just south of Talkeetna.  I think (I'll check) the mountain is still about 80 miles away here.  Mount Hunter is the peak on the left.

Just past the Talkeetna Spur Road, heading down to cross the Susitna River.

This, and the next two pics, are beautiful views of the mountain from a wayside in Denali State Park just about due east of the summit.  Even though I am much closer to McKinley than before, it appears smaller because of the gain in elevation to this point on the Parks.

Same place- a telephoto shot.

Our (oil) tax dollars at work.

Heading up Broad Pass, I'm now to the north of the mountain.

Another telephoto pic.  This is BIG country.

Another Roadside Attraction...as one of my favorite authors [ linkie ] once said.  It always amazes me how many folks think all Alaskans live in igloos.  If that were true, a lot of us could live in this one.  This is ferro-concrete kitsch at its finest.

McKinley dominates the view south-west from the top of Broad Pass.  That is one darn BIG mountain.

More tax dollars at work.  Road distances are no small thing in my state.  This is a few miles north of halfway between Fairbanks and Anchorage, and there's darn little (except for great scenery on a sunny day) in between.

I have to stop here.  I'll resume after my to-do.

Hokey-dokey, back again for a mo'.

Here's the last pic I couldn't finish uploading.

It's sort of strange...you spend several hours driving north from Anchorage with (again, on a sunny day, and they're not all that frequent in this area) views of the mountain and, about 45 minutes after it finally disappears in the rear view mirror, you get to the entrance of the park.

I didn't stop there this trip- take my word for it- an amazing place!

Now, back to 3RR, which remains in progress...

Later.

signature

D. Edgren

That's what I see when someone says, "Alaskla."

Heh!  Nobody (but me) wants to be 3,999!

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

krbe

4000th

You do have some nice nature up there--and good to see that petrodollars might buy you something else than ski slopes in the desert :P

EDIT: Just saw that it was an repost, which is just as good as I haven't followed too closely before. so, I might just as well take some time to appreciate Silvio's work--and maybe ask whether those culverts are available somewhere?

EDIT: Absolutely!  Chris's (Chrisadams3997) culverts are on the LEX here [linkie].  Don't forget to also pick up his modded version of the ploppable game rocks, which are here [linkie].  Big 'grats on ringing the 4K bell, my friend! -DE

bat

Some wonderful pictures there, David! And beautiful work on these areas!

btw, congrats on 4000 replies and ~32 post in ca. 2 days, David!

EDIT: Our friends bat and krbe were within just a tiny few seconds of making post number 4,000 here on 3RR.  Before we had to flip a coin, my good Bielefeldian friend, who has more "double-0" honors than any other 3RR Regular (same being anyone who has posted at least once either here or in 3RR-ST) graciously deferred to krbe.  Thanks, that was a really fine thing to do. -DE