• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Three Rivers Region

Started by dedgren, December 20, 2006, 07:57:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeST

Hey David

Man, that region is looking SWEEEEEEEEET

that is all...

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Simpson

Hi David (we have the same name David   :D)

I never see your city journal, but know I see all of pages and it's really incroyable &apls &apls

I can't imagine how many times you take for making this  &apls &apls
It's realistic too

My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

Ryan B.

Looks great, David.  I'm sure Rayden will have a great time working with that quad.

I may just have some additional brown guide signs for Rayden to work with as well.  :)

penguin007

Wow those pics are awesome there. Great work with the road it works really well there looking very realistic with all its kinks and turns

Will

Bobbo

Your 3RR always have been very amazing - the time you spend on your region absolutely shows how much effort you pour into your work!  &apls

girlfromverona

Those are truly some of the most beautiful SC4 pics I've ever seen! I absolutely adore that canyon!!  :thumbsup:

Darmok

David,
those last pics brought back some good memories....
When I was working as a forest ranger (forest fire combat), the dirt road we took to go to our base of operation 70 miles into the Laurentian Forest,  was like this one, down to the rock face color, and that meandering dirt road slowly climbing alongside that small peak is a carbon copy of it! Well... a part of it that is.
Simpler times and simpler life!
Oh well...
Thanks for the flashback.

P.S.
Did I mention that those pics are great looking?.... No....
Then I'm telling you, they ARE great looking!  ;)
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=112.last#last

If you have a closed mind, do the same with your mouth

dedgren

[tabular type=9]
[row]
[data]
[/data]
[data]Lupine grows wild here in Alaska along the highways this time of year. Our variety of this beautiful flowering plant [linkie] is Lupinus arcticus and it is one of the treats of the early to mid-summer here.

Well, I'm headed tonight for Helena, Montana.  I'll be on the red-eye to Seattle just after midnight, and then bouncing around the western U.S. most of tomorrow on short-haul flights.  It says something about the state that Helena is the capital with a population of only about 30,000 folks.  Only the states of Maine, South Dakota and Vermont have capitals with a smaller population, although tiny Montpelier, Vermont is the hands-down winner at a little more than 8,000.  I'll be in Helena for three weeks doing therapy with my boys and trying not to be tied to the office.  I have a state Supreme Court brief to write and a weeklong trial to prepare for on my return, but I should be able to just relax for a few stretches.  Heather and I will probably drive over a weekend up to Glacier National Park [linkie], as she has never driven the Going-to-the-Sun Road [linkie].

Four quads are now completely ready to roll, and I would suspect you'll be hearing more about that in the first post I make on Sunday.  There'll be a few other developments as well, so hang in there 'til the next time.

Oh, and Bobby (Bobbo), welcome back!  You've been very much missed.

David

[/data]
[/row]

[/tabular]
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

threestooges

Great work on the hot springs area, and great little backstory behind it (only permitting a few cars at a time). It's a good way to minimize impact on the surrounding area. I'm curious to see what Silvio does with the area. With the great pics you've shown, it will be a great test to see if we can maintain the quality (I'm sure it shouldn;t be too bad though, we have some good tools to work with. Enjoy your time with your kids, and tell them all we say hi. I'll look for your post at the end of the weekend, but until then, take it easy, you deserve it.
-Matt

Heblem

Thats a great mixes of trees that makes your region soo realistic you are giving me so great ideas for  my region, also i like the dirty road in middle.
Best wishes Eblem  ;)

thundercrack83

Hello, David!

Things are certainly coming along outstandingly here in 3RR, my friend! But I would expect nothing less around here!

Have a safe trip to Montana!

Dustin

girlfromverona

Have a safe and enjoyable trip, David! Looking forward to your next post - sounds interesting...  :thumbsup:

bat

Great work there on that part of the sneak peak!
Wonderful new forest!

Looking forward to more...

XiahouDun

Love the final preview shots. How you make things that real is beyond me. I wish I could duplicate things like you pull off &apls :D
Current project: Movies 14

You may have meant to search for Houdini. (result of searching for XiahouDun on SC4D)

turtle

So, I finally caught up and thought I'd put in a comment to show my appreciation of this great project. I started using custom stuff around Christmas and was browsing ST, which I didn't know existed until then, and thought I might take a look at how other people play SC4. I haven't been playing much since then, because the regions and cities you guys show simply looks soo much better. My PC is slow and I'm not able to play on very high settings. The level of and attention to detail you put in just makes whatever I can put together look really bad.

Anyways, this is not meant in any self-effacing (is that the right word?) way. I mean, I know I do not have neither the patience nor the dedication to be able to do what you have done, but it really is a joy to follow it from the sideline. I don't know if you've pushed the boundaries of the game, but you have certainly pushed the boundaries of my comprehension of the game.

I look forward to how the region is going to develop in the hands of the collaborators. I'm trying to picture how the region will look once it's fully developed. Maybe it never will be. Maybe the most important point of it is the process, not the goal. History, maps and discourse has developed really well and I hope you've had as much fun doing it as I've had reading it.

I wish I had the prerequisites to participate more fully, but at the time being I do not. Nevertheless, I will continue following and enjoying the development of this great project.

Best regards

Thomas
My name is Thomas...

threestooges

Welcome to SC4D Thomas. It's always good to see new members to the community, and we hope you'll stick around. Don't worry about comparing your pics to others. Play the game for yourself and you will create some fine works (which I hope you will share a few). I'm sure that you will soon get into the custom content more yourself and that, along with some time and practice and you'll be producing some great shots too. I play on a slower computer too (256mb RAM, 2.4 GHz) but it is still great fun. I hope you will continue to visit 3RR as well as the rest of the site. I recommend visiting the Introduce yourself to SC4 Devotion community thread as well as taking some time to Place Yourself In The World. I hope to see some of your work, but until then, enjoy your stay here, and welcome.

Kitsune

Quote from: threestooges on June 21, 2008, 09:54:48 AM
Welcome to SC4D Thomas. It's always good to see new members to the community, and we hope you'll stick around. Don't worry about comparing your pics to others. Play the game for yourself and you will create some fine works (which I hope you will share a few). I'm sure that you will soon get into the custom content more yourself and that, along with some time and practice and you'll be producing some great shots too. I play on a slower computer too (256mb RAM, 2.4 GHz) but it is still great fun. I hope you will continue to visit 3RR as well as the rest of the site. I recommend visiting the Introduce yourself to SC4 Devotion community thread as well as taking some time to Place Yourself In The World. I hope to see some of your work, but until then, enjoy your stay here, and welcome.

256mb of RAM ? My god, I can hardly get the game to run with 1 gig of RAM, it must be unbearable with only 256mb.
~ NAM Team Member

Filasimo

thought id peep my nose in here from time to time and guess its that time now  :D i must ask david whats those orange-yellow looking thingies on the landscape? just wondering...otherwise great work my friend and we should talk about them runways and what you want to do regarding that project......hope things are going well for you my friend.

ryan
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

pvarcoe

Gorgeous shots of Pink David.
The winding road is to die for.

dedgren

No 3RR today- I'm having a lot harder time getting up and running from a day in the old hamster tube than usual, and have expended what energy I've had on the boys today.

But here's just a short photo essay you might enjoy.  I shot these from Salt Lake City (Utah) into and on the ground in Helena (Montana).

It's nice to know that someone still gets their windows washed while gassing up...

I need to get David (Voltaire) and all the other AC Team gods those wide and diagonal runways ASAP.  Every time I'm at an airport, I feel guilty.

The Great Salt Lake [linkie].  That's I-80 on the shoreline at the bottom of the pic.  I look for the spiral thingie [linkie] every time I fly over the lake- no luck.

I love landforms.  Much to the dismay of my in-flight seatmates, I am always locked in to whatever is passing by out the airplane's window.  This mini-range on the northern shore of the GSL has always caught my attention.

The peaks along the Utah-Idaho border are perhaps less celebrated than the Grand Tetons to the east, but they do have their own beauty.

I've seen this sort of thing before... oh, yeah!  These crop circles are particularly interesting, as they are almost immediately adjacent to huge ancient lava beds in Idaho.

I'll look up this lake for you and let you know it's name.  I do that a lot for myself- it really makes me feel connected to the landscape.  It's got to be artificial...

I don't know what they were looking for down there, but they wanted it really, really bad...

More range-hopping.  I love looking down on mountaintops.  Could Lewis and Clark [linkie] been down there just over 200 years ago?

It's the human hand on our planet that brings it to life for me.  I care deeply about wilderness for its own sake, but give me the built environment nine times out of ten.

The mundane gives rise to the sublime, if only you know where to look...

Even industry, which is so demonized these days, has a place.  This is the old ASARCO smelter in East Helena.

It would be easy to say life has cheated Tristen and Joshua- they are, after all, different than you and I.  But...

...they see the same things you and I do.  Just because the world is hard, doesn't mean that it can't be wonderful, too.

Later.

David

D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax