• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Road texture lineup rules...?

Started by Crissa, November 13, 2007, 10:34:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crissa

Hey!

Has anyone a collection of the widths of various objects, lines, and space that roads use in SC4?

I've been looking about to do texturing, and while I haven't yet gotten the texture extractor to compile, I can still make textures.  So I've been sketching some things out, and I realized that various roads were all different widths.

Some official sources for road construction were bandied about, but I'm more interested in actual tiles that have been done in the world.  Do we have some samples or rules for SAM texture packages?  What portion of the tile does a street use, a road, a one-way, the default RHW tile, etc?

C'mon, someone's gotta have some notes or sample files or something out there.  Message me, and I'll give you my email, which you can bombard with large files.

-Crissa

jplumbley

Hi Crissa,

The easiest way to learn the widths of the different networks is by extracting some of the original textures.  I cannot access ST from work so I cannot give you a link to the programs required (FSHman and iLives Reader).  With iLive's Reader you will have to search for texture you want, the easiest way is to use the Tools->Texture Viewer.  A list will show up and will show you different networks, choose the network and then Zoom 5 to see all the Zoom 5 textures for that set.  Then (I believe) right click and export texture, I will have to confirm that one later.  Once it is extracted, you will then have to open the FSH file in FSHman.  When in FSHman SaveAs->Portable Newtork Graphic, this will save it as a PNG file which you can use as a template.

A person to ask about RHW is Rickmastfan.  And for Streets (SAM) ask Diggis.  Both are great texture artists who have been very intuitive about making textures.

I dont have specific specifications that can help you design your addition but Roads and OWRs were designed identically, except for the fact that they have different median lines.  Avenues are different from everything else and you will have to extract the textures and inspect them yourself.

SAM Texture Packages:
Send me a PM and I will send you one of the original sets to use as a guide for making textures.  It will include all of the textures you will need to make.  I require all textures to be sent to me zipped together and in PNG format.  I ask for them to be put into PNG format so I can manually enter the IIDs for the set.  If I dont enter the IIDs for the set, it will not work with my SAM RUL template.  Template intersections for Roads, OWRs, Avenues and Rails will be included so you may get the information required from them.

I hope this has been somewhat helpful.

JPlumbley
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Starmanw402007

Good Luck with the project Crissa. :)

Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)