• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Help with automata modding

Started by vester, January 16, 2007, 04:11:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vester

This thread is open for all kind of questions about automata modding.
If you have any question and suggestions about my other thread:     
Automata modding, then this is the place to post.

I will try to to answer to the best of my knowledge. Hope others will join in with their help.

to Jeronij: Please move this thread if it's in the wrong forum.

Adriano57

Hi ! I make automatas, as for example this Peugeot Boxer Ikea (a mikeseith's model) I would like to make French copcars and I would like to know how can one make to have revolving lights.

Can you HELP me please?

vester

I would say you should have a look a some of swamper77's civic vehicles. Maybe you can reuse the lights from them. Just remember due credit. I know he have send hours making those lights.

I'm sorry that is the best that I can give you. Maybe Swamper77 will give you a better answer. Sure it will not a simple one you get.

Adriano57

Ok vester, thank you for the answer. "Maybe you can reuse the lights from them" ; yes good idea !

Swamper77

Adriano,

I tend to fit the revolving light models to the vehicle models. Borrowing one of my models will only work if the vehicle you have is similar to one I have done. However, I could make a revolving light model for you if I have the time, your finished model, and a description of how the lights flash/revolve on your model. ;)

BTW, nice van reskin ;)

-Jan
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

Adriano57

Thank you very much Swamper for this informations and your assistance !!! I would warn you when I would have made the vehicle. Thank you still 

Aemilia

I post there because i have a problem with automata and ilive
I have two texture or train cars one is first class and one second class.
My question is how can i do to have in the same train to have the both wagons with a random mean
thanks

MandelSoft

I don't know if this is the right place to post my question (and I questioned it before at the wrong place), but here it goes:

I have a nice train automata model in SC4 (, but there is one thing missing: It has a front driving caraige, but no  back driving caraige as usually with this type of trains. Is it possible to make a train like that in SC4 with automata, and if so, how to do that? If no, why not?
This is a RL pic of the train I mean:

It has a driving caraige at the front and the back.

Please let me know

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Andreas

It's not possible, unfortunately. For some reason, Maxis never thought of engines or control cars at the end of passenger trains, although they are extremely common. This is surprising since they actually thought of adding a caboose to freight trains (which are rather rare, at least in Europe). Whenever the game displays passenger train automata (this includes el-rail and monorail), there is exactly one engine and a certain number of cars, based on the usage of the railway line. If there's more than one car model installed, the game will mix them in a random pattern, so it's not possible to create regional and intercity trains, for instance.
Andreas

MandelSoft

Thanks for answering my question.
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

shadow221

where do I get an .FSH file from?

BlackDragonAJ89

I know these questions will probably not get answered but...

I want to build an automa kit that replaces (and adds some extra vehicles) the standard Maxis cars and trucks with my own, in which I was going to build a collection of 80s model cars and trucks. I was also planning on making a replacement Bus, Passenger Train, Freight Train, and Monorail later on to go with my city's government buildings. The questions are:

1) Would I have to use a special program to model and create the vehicles (like 3DS Max or Milkshape), or could I just use the BAT GMAX tool?

2) When I program the replacement props of the vehicles and the additional vehicles that appear, what would be the IIDs and GIDs needed so that they could work with the in game prop families?

Elric888

Hi, I want to add some new vehicles pulling trailers, and there are just a few things I'm not sure of yet.
1. I want to add some trailers to specific classes (group ID's) of vehicles, how would I go about this? I assume that I will need to define them as a new group with a vehicle script, but can this be done just by defining a new trailer class so that they will attach randomly to pre-existing group ID's?
2. How does cargo attach to the flatbeds? I havn't yet discovered this in my diggings into the simcity1.dat file...

Any info related to trailers and semi's (and car trailers) will be helpfull to me, as I'm still looking at the files figuring out what's what.

DCMetro2834

Hey guys. How do I create/edit a vehicle with ilive reader and SC4 Tool? I heard SC4 Tool replaced FiSHMAN Image Manager....but I don't know how to use it. Is there a tutorial anywhere that explains it?

Thanks,
DCMetro2834

vester

You will need some kind of 3d program, gmax doesn't work.
I used MilkShape3d.

You could used the Batch Png to Fsh tool instead of FiSHMAN.

Have writen a little about Automata modding. on how to change the texture and how to replace the model.

Hopeful more to come.

DCMetro2834

Sorry for the double post, but I have one more question.....

Are there are blank templates of vehicles for the automata modding?

For example, when you open something up in the reader, there are the different images of that make up the vehicle. So am I wondering if there are any blank templates of those?

Thanks,
DCMetro2834

vester

Blank templates ?

Pictures!

Well, make the fsh (textures) or png files (UDI ect.).

To insert them, right click -> Insert File.

Before you can use the fsh, you will need to save and restart the reader.

DCMetro2834

Thanks for the reply!

So, that's how you make your own from scratch? How do I change what shape it will be?

Thanks,
DCMetro2834

vester

I would recommend that you use a 3d program.
Not going to tell you how to use one of them.

Before you start working on a new model, maybe you should see how big a difference it will make. It could be you could get a very similar result with one of the exicting models. Remember the scale of the game.

Have started writing down some tutorials on Automata Modding.
Take a look there and you can return with any question to this thread. (Please!)

Quote from: BlackDragonAJ89 on December 20, 2009, 05:03:00 PM
1) Would I have to use a special program to model and create the vehicles (like 3DS Max or Milkshape), or could I just use the BAT GMAX tool?
BAT/Gmax can't be used. Sorry. I use MilkShape3d, myself.
The good thing about MS3D is that it does read the 3d files that is exported from the reader.
LithUnwrap on the other hand can read these files.

Quote from: BlackDragonAJ89 on December 20, 2009, 05:03:00 PM
2) When I program the replacement props of the vehicles and the additional vehicles that appear, what would be the IIDs and GIDs needed so that they could work with the in game prop families?
Not sure about that. I would only change the IIDs and not the TIDs or GIDs. You will need to dig out the TGIs from the simcity dat files.

Quote from: Elric888 on December 21, 2009, 11:26:12 PM
Hi, I want to add some new vehicles pulling trailers, and there are just a few things I'm not sure of yet.
1. I want to add some trailers to specific classes (group ID's) of vehicles, how would I go about this? I assume that I will need to define them as a new group with a vehicle script, but can this be done just by defining a new trailer class so that they will attach randomly to pre-existing group ID's?
2. How does cargo attach to the flatbeds? I havn't yet discovered this in my diggings into the simcity1.dat file...

Any info related to trailers and semi's (and car trailers) will be helpfull to me, as I'm still looking at the files figuring out what's what.

Not sure about these questions, but maybe or maybe not you can find something in Swampers files.