• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

3RR-ST - Page 50

Started by dedgren, November 09, 2008, 10:31:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dedgren

This is the SC4D archive of Page 50 of Three Rivers Region at Simtropolis.  Comments are locked for now.

[tabular type=1]
[row] [head colspan=2]
Page 50
[/head] [/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1470  12/05/2006 11:22 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

wouanagaine
[/data][data]CONGRATULATIONS !

You then asked, as for wouanagaine's SC4TerraFormer
Quoteis there a way for us to put all these 4 maps together as to have the "complete" thing all at once....
I don't think SC4TF has any function that would do that for you, but that's OK.  I'm doing it (hence my delight in finding out that I can edit the entire region in the terraformer).  I should have 3RR162 in all its 256 quad glory on the STEX by the end of the week, and maybe sooner.  I'm about halfway there.

ok so you want all maps in one ?
Export each quad as RGB ( in the dropdown list of the globaltools->export ) name them accordingly
Go in paint/photoshop/paintshoppro etc.. and create a new pic of the correct size and paste all four bmp files in it,
repeat the process for the 4 config.bmp
Open the new region in SC4TF, and import the newly created RGB file
and pray for a new Intel QuadCore for xmas
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1471  12/06/2006 12:11 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

owenluby
[/data][data]Hey Dave,

I'd be delighted to help out with the development phase of 3RR... How long has it been since the last development anyway?

Congrats on the Trixie! I nominated you  ;)
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1472  12/06/2006 12:12 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

thundercrack83
[/data][data]Congratulations on your Trixie...You definitely deserve it! [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1473  12/06/2006 12:54 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

Tarkus
[/data][data]Hi David-

Again, I'm continually impressed by your work on 3RR--both the quality and your dedication to it.  And thanks for uploading the four corners of 3RR on STEX . . . I've downloaded all of them, and it has piqued my interest in the possibility of doing a quad or two, of course, if you're still accepting proposals for that.  Reminds me I need to mess around with SC4TF some more--it is a great program.

And congratulations on the Trixies . . . you really earned them!

-Tarkus
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1474  12/06/2006 01:28 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

jacqulina
[/data][data]CONGRATULATIONS my friend [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1475  12/06/2006 03:11 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

Nik-nik
[/data][data]   Congrats with the Trixie David

You deserve it!

Hop-Hop...
...ehh I mean Nik-Nik
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1476  12/06/2006 04:23 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

Darmok
[/data][data]David,

Congrats my friend this is a well deserved award!  ;D :thumbsup:

**raising a glass to your health**

John
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1477  12/06/2006 06:12 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

dedgren
[/data][data]I have an early day to start work, so I'm just posting in passing for now.  I'll pick up the ongoing We've got Mail... post this evening.  Thanks to all thought 3RR should merit a Trixie.  I really appreciate the recognition for the Lists, as well.  Thanks to wouanagaine and the 1,400 or so folks who preceding him in getting this CJ to page 50.  Congrats to all those who won a Trixie, who were runners-up for a Trixie, who were nominated for a Trixie, who nominated someone for a Trixie, or who just enjoy lurking around the whole Trixie shtick without being otherwise heard from.  Everyone on ST is award-worthy in my view for simply participating in this great community.

By the way, as of a half hour or so ago the full Three Rivers Region map is on the STEX here [ linkie ].

Later.
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1478  12/06/2006 06:45 AM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

Kokopelli
[/data][data]Congratulations on the Trixie. The region is awsome. I am looking forward to watching the development. This is the one CJ I really look forward to reading every day. There is always something interesting going on. Especially the Alaskan eye candy. [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1479  12/06/2006 07:14 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

asturianu
[/data][data]Congrats, David!! This cj is amazing, and the region is going very well with all mods, and all the things you show on it. You are really great at this, David.
See you, my friend.

Cristian
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1480  12/06/2006 07:14 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

Nardo69
[/data][data]Hello David (I hope I may say David ... )

Congratulations on the Trixie! Truely deserved - I can tell as I read all your CJ's pages within the last two weeks!

Bernhard  ;D :thumbsup:
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1481  12/06/2006 07:51 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

hondo42769
[/data][data]David,
Congrats on the Trixie! Your hard work and dedication make you a very deserving recipient of this award!
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1482  12/06/2006 09:22 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

exodus101
[/data][data]Hey David,

I'd just like to add my congrats on the Trixie. You definitely deserve it!

Thanks for the upload of the region (both in full and in quarters)...I've been looking forward to that for a while.

-Stephen
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1483  12/06/2006 09:55 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

szarkoz
[/data][data]Congratulations on your Trixie David! I'm happy that you get it. I thought you deserved it, so that's why I nominated you in the category of tutorial CJ.

I'm looking forward to more of this Trixie winning CJ!  ;)
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1484  12/06/2006 10:30 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

Low Light
[/data][data]
CONGRATULATIONS
MR EDGREN

You deserve the award for your truly ambitious work.

Well done and I wish you all the best with your on going projects.

Looking forward to seeing your fantastic region develop.

$%#Ninj2 *EXIT RIGHT: TO LURKERS WORLD*  $%#Ninj2
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1485  12/06/2006 01:09 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

mightygoose
[/data][data]next years best Cj cough cough.... who said that nah congratulations mate i cant wait to see the downtown on this beast... [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1486  12/06/2006 01:59 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

webmaster76
[/data][data]congratulation for your cj...
this region looks very cool! i like to see some more of this stuff.
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1487  12/06/2006 06:20 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

Gaston
[/data][data]
CONGRATULATIONS

Well my friend this is very well deserved.
You have really made a spectacular CJ here.
You have really shown this place the meaning of "Many Cities, One Community".
I am really happy for you.

---Gaston

$%Grinno$%
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1488  12/07/2006 06:47 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

dedgren
[/data][data]The RL blues started playing at symphony orchestra levels yesterday on my arrival at work and will continue through tomorrow afternoon.

...can you turn that #%@&! music down!

To tide you over, here's a pair of pics you might find interesting.

Last summer, just before all that boring map and scale stuff...

...and, as of today, after.

Kinda, sorta speaks for itself.  The former 3RR was 10 miles/16km by 10/16.  3RR162 is 40/64 by 40/64.  I think the subregions (NE, NW, SE and SW) are proof that your region does not need to be gigantic to convey a sense of realism- just more or less accurately scaled.

The first pic, though, is kind of fun.  Reminds me of a model train layout, now that I have something to compare it to.

Enjoy your day out there, whatever it is that you're doing!
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1489  12/07/2006 06:58 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

anubis89
[/data][data]The new version looks much better, I really like those small rivers. Overall it's a very cool looking map and so realistic. [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1490  12/07/2006 07:03 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

bat
[/data][data]Congrats on your Trixies, dedgren!

Great progress!

bat  $%#Ninj2
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1491  12/07/2006 07:19 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

jacqulina
[/data][data]wow this looks awesome my friend,beautifull work and pics [/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1492  12/07/2006 08:06 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

hondo42769
[/data][data]David,
All the work you've put into 3RR16^2 is quit evident from the before and after shots, as well as the improvement with scale. The time invested in the larger region was time well spent.
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1493  12/07/2006 09:23 PM [/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

van1357
[/data][data]Hi again David. Its been quite a while since I last posted, but I have been stopping by and viewing your great work/play regularly. My favourite pics was probably this one. Your attention to detail is outstanding!

I can't wait to see some development take place on the new, improved region. Are you going to start by laying out transit networks? Or are you going to develop tile by tile? Also, are you going to go with straight sections of transit? Or incredibly time-consuming winding roads that look great in the region view? Which ever way you choose, I hope to see some more of your amazing transport maps one day.

Last but not least, a big congratulations for reaching Page 50! And an even bigger congratulations for winning two Trixie awards! They are both well deserved, considering the amount of effort you have put into 3RR and your CJ List. Thanks for keeping us entertained.

Well, until next time, keep up the wonderful work/play...

Edit: This was my 800th post!
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1494  12/08/2006 12:00 AM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

Livin in Sim
[/data][data]Yeah, baby, the encyclopedia of City Journals wins 2!!  David, you've improved our minds, and shared your addiction.  PM me if you need the number of a Group for that.    No, please, don't ever recover!

--Liv  ;)
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1495  12/08/2006 02:04 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

dedgren
[/data][data]Still working hard...here's a few pics of the forestation of 3RR162.

I'm basically doing Columbus mod "Conifer Mix" God Mode trees everywhere starting 200 feet/64 meters above "game" water level and "Subalpine Fir" God Mode trees along all shorelines and river and stream banks.

You ca see that blending tree "density" along snow-covered quad boundaries will be an issue.

The third step after these two passes will be to add some larger Mayor Mode conifers to "fuzzy up" the banding effect in the "Conifer Mix" treed areas.  I'll run these trees up valleys a bit and across low saddles so the banding isn't so distinct.

The final step will be to place seasonal decids (in a later post in connection with doing that, I'll tell you why I chose some and rejected others from the ones that are available) on the flats and low hills and in selected places along rivers, streams and in the mountains.  That will be a big job, but hey...we've gotten this far.

Later, probably tomorrow in the morning.  I haven't forgotten about the "We've got Mail..." continuation, either.  Or the Lists.

...awwwwk!
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1496  12/08/2006 02:10 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

jacqulina
[/data][data]wow the forests look amazing so far my friend i bet thats taking forever[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1497  12/08/2006 02:12 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

jasperdeman.nl
[/data][data]I really like what you are doing here!

And the way you discribe what you are doing is very Bob Ross like! (That is a good thing offcourse  ;D )

Love to see more paintings, .. ehm, landscapes I mean
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1498  12/08/2006 06:57 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

hondo42769
[/data][data]David,
That first pic kind of looks like something that has been sitting in the back of my fridge for..., chooses not to disclose the length of time, a while, lol! Acutally, it looks great, so far. I'm willing to bet that you will find a way to resolve the density issue between quads, I admit that I have not thought of one yet, other than to go back and forth between the city and region until it looks about right. Rather time consuming, especially considering the number of snow borders you have in 3RR. I like what you have done with the river/stream banks so far and can't wait until the seasonal tree issue comes up again. You may want to give Johnny Appleseed a call!
[/data][/row]

[row] [data colspan=2]#1499  12/08/2006 10:06 PM[/data] [/row]
[row] [data]

owenluby
[/data][data]This Journal is like a second job! And I thank you for everything you are doing, its just the best! [/data][/row]

[row][data][/data][data][/data][/row]
[/tabular]
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax