• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Podcast General Discussion

Started by Pat, September 30, 2008, 04:30:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mightygoose

well i just added you both on msn so feel free to hit me anytime
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

j-dub

How about we do a community vote, to see the which age group plays this game the most and announce that on air? That could be done to fill up showtime.

dedgren

Pat and all- I'd be happy to do the Podcast interview this weekend, if you would like.  I'm pretty much free at any time.  Let me know when, and I will place the call to whatever number you'd provide.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

sithlrd98

Here's a couple of questions for David: How did you learn the techniques that you use for creating the puzzle pieces , ie.. can you point to some sources for those of us who are pixel manipulation challenged? :)

How did you end up in Alaska? From the pics you have posted in the past , it's beautiful (and cold).What drew you there?(Of course this could probably fit into a background question)

Great job with these Podcasts , and look forward to the next installment!

Jayson

Ryan B.

Quote from: dedgren on March 19, 2009, 04:28:25 PM
Pat and all- I'd be happy to do the Podcast interview this weekend, if you would like.  I'm pretty much free at any time.  Let me know when, and I will place the call to whatever number you'd provide.

David

That's a dangerous thing to say in your line of work, David.   :D  I got a chuckle out of that one.

Pat

David thank you sooo very much for the wonderful call tonight it was awesome!!! Now where to send the phone bill ummmm I think there is a slush fund setup here some where from all the rent collected cough cough from the neighborhood places oooh wait ummm.... Anyways lol heheehs It was awesome!!! OK all here whats going to happen I am going to be working on cleaning it up a bit (editing)... I hope to have a script soon from Mightygoose so I can get rest of the episode by Wednesday April 1st...

The Question and Answer section will have to be split up into a 3 part series at this point, why is well I looked at the full length of time if you was to sit threw it if you got 40 minutes give or take... I did tell David to be full in his answers, personally I loved it and I had a blast!! Even though our phone call was a bit longer about a hour with some introductory talking in getting to know your guest and host personally!!! My favorite part  ;)

I am hoping for Wednesday Air Date either way...  So be tuned to Wednesday April 1st and no hopefully this is no fools joke!!!

Patrick

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Pat

Aprils podcast has been broadcasted!!! OK here is the scoop now, Since I did say there is another two segments with David do you all want it the this month or do you want to wait till May and June for the rest?

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

JoeST

yeah, the music obscures it quite a bit. maybe you should release the full interview as one chunk without any music backgrround? its good to hear Davids voice :D

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

TheTeaCat

Good podcast :thumbsup:

but please Pat turn the music in the background down. Especially during the interviews ;)
I find it rather difficult to hear the speaking ( my hearing is not all that great &mmm)
Other than that it was quite enjoyable :thumbsup:

regards
Derry
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Pat

Sorry guys I thought I had the volume at the right level but when I uploaded it to Garage Band they must have cranked the volume...

I will reupload this one without the music bed and that way it is at least much better to hear, again I am sorry...

TheTeaCat

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

threestooges

Welcome everyone to the new home of the SC4D Podcast. It's been a few months now and we're still going strong. However, we're always on the lookout for new ideas of topics and events to cover and just general feedback. We'd like to hear from you.
-Matt

Pat

Thank you Matt and the staff for the new home!!! OK a little update here while I am away from my home computer Matt and Ryan are pulling together the next episode for June... So ya'll get a break from me this month lol.... No I do soo very much apperciate the perfect timing of how all this has happend more then I can ever express!!!!

JoeST

congratulations on your own board :)

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Pat

RebaLynnTS

I got one question .... How do I hear the podcast?

Never Mind, I found them.

EDIT: LoL Becca its all good and I am glad you found them.... - Patrick
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

Pat

OK to bring some thoughts back in here again, I think I got a solution to recording conversations and most of all its free!!!  Ive been playing WoW and with my roommates help I gotten pretty good in it when I do play... But the whole point to bringing up WoW is because of Vent... Vent is used to communicate with the guild members and tonight I just found out it also records the full conversations and automatically converts to a WAV file!!!!  So future productions of the SC4D Podcast can flow a lot easier now... So just now I would like further feedback....

Thanks,

Patrick

Pat

OK I think ive gotten problems solved here with my computer finally and not to mention that RL has been well anywho needless to say I am getting back into everything slowly here and I want to know if everyone is still intrested in the Podcast?

I do have a new way of recording the episode and does work rather great but it does require you download ventrillo if you are a guest on the show but after that you can delete it...

So yea first off I will need help getting everything current with my game here foremost and then whats been happening since last year.... I do need find a diffrent hosting method as garage band has gone away siiiiiigh I really loved that site as it was great for hosting the podcast!! I do have all the episodes I believe saved on my computer providing they didnt get corrupted... Im thinking Youtube as I noticed that some others do that as a way?

My health has been better and also now with getting SC4 to play again on my computer Im happy again finally!!! Been steps forward and steps backwards, so thats about it here from me...

Haljackey

I'm still interested Pat. Great to hear from you!

Pat

Cough cough this thread is soo dusty, OK so for saturday since the show will be live... there is a lot to talk about now, I am excited are you?  OK for one I need before hand a new opening jingle and closing jingle.... It must have the catch phrase "you know you wanna hear it" must be excitement in the voice... To introduce "here is your hosts Patrick Allen and Matt or Threestooges!!"  Time has to be at least 30 seconds for both intro and outro... email me the cuts to patfirefghtr@yahoo.com