• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4D LEX Bug & Issue Reports

Started by CasperVg, November 11, 2013, 10:46:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CasperVg

Please post bugs and issues that you encounter while using the SC4D Lot Exchange in this thread. That way I can keep track of all of them easily. When posting, please include the following details to make it easier to reproduce the bugs:

Operating system
Browser (+ version)
Screen/window size/resolution

However, this thread is not for people having trouble logging in or activating their account. For those problems, please use this thread.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Jack_wilds

I am having serious issues with the LEX for teh passed 3 weeks... as I am unable to log correctly even when it says I am being loged on... then I am blocked from all features even though i am logged on... I have done all I know to do cleaning out the cache... changing passwords...

CasperVg

@ Jack_wilds: Please let me know your browser, operating system and screen resolution. Most likely you are using an old browser that is not supported by the LEX anymore.

Jack_wilds

CasperVg

here is data concerning my laptop...
I have the latest version of Firefox 28.0
Explorer is also up to date

Driver Version:      8.15.10.1892

Operating System:      Windows 7 Home Premium* , Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601)
Default Language:      English
DirectX* Version:      11.0
Physical Memory:      2936 MB
Minimum Graphics Memory:   128 MB
Maximum Graphics Memory:   1340 MB
Graphics Memory in Use:   47 MB

Processor:      Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10 GenuineIntel
Processor Speed:      2094 MHZ

Accelerator in Use:

Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Video BIOS:      1659.0
Current Graphics Mode:   1366 by 768 True Color (60 Hz)

vester

Noticed that the images on the detail pages are mirrored.

CasperVg

threestooges

You amuse me, Casper. I like it.
-Matt

vester

Jack_wilds

on another april fool note... issues concerning LEX log-in still continues  &mmm

CasperVg

I'm sorry for that, Jack_wilds. Judging by your computer specs and browser version, everything should be working smoothly. I've developed (and used) the LEX in Firefox 28 and everything works fine. Are you sure you don't have any firefox plugins that disable cookies or javascript?

Jack_wilds

not that I am aware of...  it is frustrating for this has worked fine no issues when suddenly, the log-in began giving fits of noncooperation... the LEX update also worked fine... simply do not know what the hang-up could be... all privledges are grayed or unseen... access to 'log-out' unseen unavailable... its a head scratcher...

Girafe

when an uploader update a picture on the LEX, this one is not showing a let a blank
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

CasperVg

I've just tested updates pictures on the LEX and as far as I can see everything seems to working fine. It could be that your browser has cached the old image (especially if you used the same name for the new picture) and will continue to display it for some time (it's trying to save bandwidth by not requesting images that it has already downloaded before). If you clear your browser cache the image should change to the updated version.

Girafe

Cache has been cleared many times

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

Varnado

I'm no longer able to search by uploader on the LEX! The search function is only displaying 15 results for me no matter what. This is hugely inconvenient, as now I can't find a lot of mods I was looking for! Is anybody else able to get more results from the power search page?

If this in fact isn't a bug but rather a feature that was added recently, please reconsider restoring the full functionality of the search. As it stands it's more or less impossible to find lots of uploads from prolific content creators like SimGoober unless you already know the name of each individual download.
Check out my YouTube channel for dozens of hours of high quality SimCity 4 content and new videos uploaded regularly.

Tarkus

It does show more than 15 results.  If you're using a script blocker like NoScript (as I do), you'll need to allow scripts from sc4devotion.com and bootstrapcdn.com.  The additional listings will show once you scroll down to the very, very bottom.  A little notification that it's "loading more results" will pop up at the very bottom, and then another set of results will appear below the first ones.

You may also want to try the Lot Table option under the search menu--I've been using it religiously since it was implemented, and it definitely shows more than 15 results.  You can just type in the name of the uploader into the appropriate field.

-Alex

catty

Quote from: Tarkus on June 15, 2014, 09:41:05 PM
...The additional listings will show once you scroll down to the very, very bottom.  A little notification that it's "loading more results" will pop up at the very bottom, and then another set of results will appear below the first ones....

Sometimes when you do that, there will be a brief delay before it brings up the next lot, but otherwise I've never had any problems with it   :)

Quote from: Varnado on June 15, 2014, 08:50:54 PM
....As it stands it's more or less impossible to find lots of uploads from prolific content creators like SimGoober unless you already know the name of each individual download.

That was one of the reasons I started the Catalog, so everything regardless of the site could be looked up in the one place

See here for the Catalog

http://city-builders.info/index.php/catalog

ToutSimcities will be added soon, as the Catalog doesn't list the plugins in title order just by the order it was entered into the Catalog, the second part of the Catalog is here

http://city-builders.info/index.php/tags

-catty
I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?" DEATH thought about it. "CATS," he said eventually, "CATS ARE NICE.

Varnado

It does show more than 15 results.  If you're using a script blocker like NoScript (as I do), you'll need to allow scripts from sc4devotion.com and bootstrapcdn.com.  The additional listings will show once you scroll down to the very, very bottom.  A little notification that it's "loading more results" will pop up at the very bottom, and then another set of results will appear below the first ones.

You may also want to try the Lot Table option under the search menu--I've been using it religiously since it was implemented, and it definitely shows more than 15 results.  You can just type in the name of the uploader into the appropriate field.

-Alex
The lot table is an acceptable workaround but this is really weird. I'm still only getting 15 results from the power search, and the additional listings are not loading when I scroll to the bottom of the page. I was able to get it to work just fine as recently as a week ago and it's been broken since yesterday. Sure there were no updates to the LEX in that time?

I have a feeling this may also be a Chrome issue, since the additional results loaded fine just now when I tried a couple searches in Firefox. Google does tend to break lots of things in unannounced updates. (And no, I haven't had a script blocker enabled for SC4D since I discovered the site.) Regardless of the root cause of the problem, it definitely does exist and is quite inconvenient.

---

Alright, I just tried installing the latest update to Chrome (v35) after writing the above two paragraphs (took like 15 minutes to reload all my tabs because my residential Comcast connection has in the last few weeks gone from OK to complete rubbish and constantly blips out for some reason, also doing so disabled all of my non-web store extensions and apparently I'm not allowed to reenable them unless I switch to a dev release or a fork :bomb:) and it didn't fix anything but I'm getting some seriously weird behavior. The additional results are loading maybe 5% of the time, but never when I search for uploads by SimGoober or CP and always when I search for uploads by gascooker. Something has clearly gone wrong here.
Check out my YouTube channel for dozens of hours of high quality SimCity 4 content and new videos uploaded regularly.

Indiana Joe

Quote from: Varnado on June 16, 2014, 03:14:50 PM

-Alex
The lot table is an acceptable workaround but this is really weird. I'm still only getting 15 results from the power search, and the additional listings are not loading when I scroll to the bottom of the page. I was able to get it to work just fine as recently as a week ago and it's been broken since yesterday. Sure there were no updates to the LEX in that time?

I have a feeling this may also be a Chrome issue, since the additional results loaded fine just now when I tried a couple searches in Firefox. Google does tend to break lots of things in unannounced updates. (And no, I haven't had a script blocker enabled for SC4D since I discovered the site.) Regardless of the root cause of the problem, it definitely does exist and is quite inconvenient.

---

Alright, I just tried installing the latest update to Chrome (v35) after writing the above two paragraphs (took like 15 minutes to reload all my tabs because my residential Comcast connection has in the last few weeks gone from OK to complete rubbish and constantly blips out for some reason, also doing so disabled all of my non-web store extensions and apparently I'm not allowed to reenable them unless I switch to a dev release or a fork :bomb:) and it didn't fix anything but I'm getting some seriously weird behavior. The additional results are loading maybe 5% of the time, but never when I search for uploads by SimGoober or CP and always when I search for uploads by gascooker. Something has clearly gone wrong here.

I'm always running the latest Chrome and haven't had any LEX problems.  Try updating things like Flash Player, Java, etc. and try turning on/off addons (Adblock, etc.)

That third party extension crap is ridiculous though.  Hopefully they'll change it back in the next update, they're getting plenty of complaints from power users.

CasperVg

QuoteThat third party extension crap is ridiculous though.  Hopefully they'll change it back in the next update, they're getting plenty of complaints from power users.

The problem isn't that we are blocking third party extensions (we're not), the problem is that certain third party extensions are blocking the LEX functionalities. Extensions like NoScript, Ghostery, etc. by default block all JavaScript running on websites. That is usually done for privacy purposes (to avoid being tracked by Google, Facebook, etc. all over the internet with tracking scripts). However, the LEX doesn't use (and won't use) any of these scripts, which means you're not getting tracked.

So please, disable (or whitelist us on) those extensions to get the full LEX experience. Unfortunately I'm not a fulltime paid developer (it's all spare-time free work), so I don't have the time to develop workarounds for people who wish to disable Javascript on their browser).