• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

LOTing contest - 9th birthday of SC4Devotion

Started by Girafe, November 01, 2015, 11:12:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winner of LOTing competition - 9th SC4D birthday

nos.17
7 (23.3%)
Simcoug
5 (16.7%)
Simmer2
5 (16.7%)
Kergelen
13 (43.3%)

Total Members Voted: 30

Voting closed: December 23, 2015, 01:23:13 AM

Girafe

To celebrate the 9th birthday of SC4Devotion, SC4D team decided to launch a LOTing contest for the month of November.

Presentation

You have a selection of 4 different LOTs with the same building (typical French house from VIP Vnaoned): 

- size of the LOTs 1x1, 1x2, 1x3 & 2x2

Download the files and place them in your plugin folder

The LOTing should be coherent for the 4 LOTs. Choices of props and textures are up to the contestants. There is no limit of textures and props (should be reasonable). The place of the building can be moved in the LOT.

Modalities

- No necessary registration.
- No limits of participation (several participations possible).
- Deadline of the last submission - 30th November 2015.
- Submit only pictures of the 4 LOTs in this topic with your name.
- A single obligation, that you are the creator of the LOT.
- The building attached is the property of VIP Vnaoned and cannot be uploded in any SC4 exchange plateform.
- You will be free to present your LOTs and their inspiration. 
- The best set of LOTs will be decided by SC4D team considering originality & excellence.

Reward

- The LOTs will be modded and uploaded on the LEX mentionning the name of the winner.
- K points.
- 1 year subscription to SC4Devotion.

Good luck!!! & have fun

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

TheTeaCat

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Girafe

Don t forget to propose your LOTs, still 2 weeks  ;)
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

nos.17

Repetitively creating lots, I usually find myself using the same few prop/texture dependencies over and over again (think CP, SG, JES, SHK, etc). Nothing against those - they're all fantastic and have been downloaded tens of thousands of times for a reason, but they just get old after awhile. Subsequently, I decided to take a step back and branch out a little. There is simply too much amazing and (IMHO) underused custom content on the interwebs to just use the same things. French, German, Polish, Spanish, and especially Japanese.

Thus, the four lots below are some of the first ones I am trying with this new style. I featured Neko's (an amazing Japanese batter) props pretty heavily - most of the flora is his. I had discovered him awhile ago perusing Japanese forums/threads, but it wasn't until recently I realized the potential for lotting with these props; this came to me while undertaking a whole different project: a T21 mod (side note: the one in the picture was actually created by none other than Neko san himself; I am working on editing it to my taste).

I hope yall like it...it'll be an adventure, and I hope the outcome will be pretty cool...
  :popcorn:

The Entry:

Edit: ...and I hope for the sake of competition that I am not the only entrant  %wrd

art128

These lots look really nice. it's true that Neko has a good bunch of props.
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Girafe

The Floraler

Simcoug

I had a bit of time so I threw these together.
I have been meaning to go through vortext's recent texture pack, as well as romualdillo brilliant prop pack, so they were the inspiration for these lots. 
(I used c.p.'s flora as well as some WMP garden props for accents)

Front:

Back:

Side:

Side (fall):

Simmer2

I re-lotted them and put them in a scene. If its not ok please let me know and I will place them on blank terrain.

As promised..
No scene.

________________________________________________________________________________

art128

There is nothing wrong with an in situ picture like this, however it might be a good idea to include a picture of the lots on a blank scene too.

(also the image dimension limit is 1024 pixels wide. ;) )
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

vortext

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Simmer2

Quote from: art128 on November 25, 2015, 08:30:27 AM
There is nothing wrong with an in situ picture like this, however it might be a good idea to include a picture of the lots on a blank scene too.

(also the image dimension limit is 1024 pixels wide. ;) )

Aye, I'm at work atm, tonight I will make the necessary changes.

Thank you.
________________________________________________________________________________

belfastsocrates

Very good entries so far. I really like your lots nos.17, have a nice European look to them.

I love the small details such as the raised vegetable beds in your lots Simcoug, I'm not too keen on that massive tree though on the 2x2 lot.
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

Girafe

Good job  :thumbsup:

Still 5 days, don t hesitate to submit your candidacy and show us your work  ;)
The Floraler

Girafe

The Floraler

Kergelen

Links to SC4 websites

Vizoria

Girafe

Beautiful LOTs  &apls &apls

Another candidacy  ::) Don t be shy  ;D
The Floraler

Girafe

Deadline is over. Thanks a lot to all participants  ;)

You have shown amazing LOTs  &apls &apls &apls

Don t hesitate to give us your feedbacks, if you liked this contest, what can be done better for next time...  ::)

We will deliberate and announce the winner of the competition   :blahblah:
The Floraler

heartless

&apls

Gorgeous lots by all, it'd be great if they were to be uploaded and available to to all.

Cheers,

H.

Girafe

Poll

As discussed with SC4D team, we would like to involve the community to chose the best LOTs and the winner of the competition  &bis& &bis&

Therefore, we have launched a poll in this thread.

We request the contestants to abstain from voting.

Deadline of the poll is 24th of December.

Goof luck!

The Floraler