• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Donations to SC4Devotion

Started by BarbyW, April 19, 2007, 03:02:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BarbyW

The following was posted by Colyn on the LEX:
QuoteWell as you can see the LEX is growing rapidly and the content is of the highest standard.

Unfortunately REALITY is biting ... we are chewing bandwidth at an alarming rate.

We made a decision in the beginning not to nag people for support and we are working within our budget restraints. Fact is that this site is supported out of the pocket of normal people and not from a business budget.
So what can we do ... well we have to keep the forums online and that is the priority. Because the LEX is devouring so much bandwidth and the users get clear benefits from it we have decided that we cannot let the LEX drag the forums down.
During the past two months the hosting package was upgraded twice and yet once again we are hitting the ceiling. So in order to keep the forums going we will have to take the LEX offline from time to time to allow us to stay within our bandwidth quota.
We are sorry for any inconvenience caused by this ...

One sure way of preventing this LEX BROWNOUTS is to make use of our PayPal button and help us to bring you all these fabulous game assets without interruptions ... after all it is you, the user that benefit from this and for you a tiny donation can help carry the burden.

Thank you for your support and we are sure you can understand why the LEX may be unavailable from time to time ... we will try and keep the OFFLINE periods shorter than 7 days at a time.

The Admins and staff would like to thank all of the members who have generously donated towards the upkeep of the site. One member has now donated three times and two others twice.
As the PayPal information does not give a member's username only their real name and/or email address we cannot post a list but please accept our thanks - you know who you are.
This is a very small percentage of members as the admin site has over 1000 and the LEX has over 3000. This is an amazing number considering the site and exchange are less than 6 months old but it has caused problems with bandwidth.
We will accept any and all amounts however small so please think about donating as the bandwidth for this month has been reached so the LEX will have to close until next month. In order to increase bandwidth donations are needed urgently.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

BarbyW

Thanks to ReLiC we now have a list of most members who have donated so I am posting it here.
Thanks to all the following who will continue to have access to the LEX:

ajax
alwinkel
annabellelin
barnatom
belfastuniguy
blackbeard
brevat
c.p.
callagrafx
citynut
couchpotato
D66
edge4194
Elektra
Ennedi
hauvega
hippobabe
High5Tower
imw
jbsimio
jmouse
jmyers2043
joelevan
joncassino
jtml
keithsed
keshi
Killer0027
kwakelaar
KyNYC
ltrskn
mattb325
meinhosen
mrbarham
nikopol
Ophryon
powerpill-pacman
Rayden
ricb
rooker1
sandrasim1
ScottFTL
sebes
shoreman905
signorcarlo
slyd 
snorrelli
stewart_garden
Strechnitz
The Tea Cat
threeswept
Toblakai
treveus2
XiahouDun
yogiya
zero7

There are four five some donators who cannot be matched to their registration details so if they would like to send me a PM I can give them access to the LEX. I am only posting part of their email address.
ssstinggg
mfsimons
asahiko
anton
stephen.n
nystankees
shelley_315
blu4un**
jfrick
p de beer
jsofley
jeff.crocke*
rnwalker*
lmalos*
jdriek*
robertvmi*
eilif12
drs
myb*yon*
mgortzak
zut.trocki
mieneke.pallada
idespic
jsturtz
jtml
grahamifill
pravi.seljak
a.krook3
justine.harwood
matthew.norbeck
ltrskn

Thank you once again to all who have supported the site with their donations.

BarbyW

The above list has been updated and will be kept up to date on an ongoing basis. The four in the list at the bottom are still unknown and I would love to allow them access to the LEX. Please PM me if you recognise your email address.

iamgoingtoeatyou

so you can only access the LEX if you pay? ()what()

BarbyW

The LEX is now open but usage will be monitored carefully and if needed will be closed again for a short period.
Thanks to all who donated and who have allowed the LEX to re open this month.

ricb

I will donate, I can't do more than a pittance as I am on disability.  But I sent a euro However that much is in US)

BarbyW

Thank you, ricb, every single Euro helps to keep the LEX and SC4D running smoothly.

killer0027

I would love to donate, but I will not use paypal again, I was burned with ID THEFT, is there another way to donate?

BarbyW

killer0027: I am sorry but currently there is no other way to donate.

It is a little disappointing that although the LEX has over 8000 members now enjoying much exclusive content there are still so few people who are donating. The bandwidth will be severely stretched once CAM and Wou's new tool are released so I hope we do not need any brownouts after that.

XiahouDun

If its needed when that happens, I may be able to donate some more. Wasn't happy with how little I gave last time, was all I had left after an online purchase :(
Current project: Movies 14

You may have meant to search for Houdini. (result of searching for XiahouDun on SC4D)

BarbyW

XiahouDun : can you PM me the username you have at the LEX please? I cannot find you under XiahouDun .

KyNYC

my e-mail is (edited out as it is not a good idea to post a complete email address)...but my loggin name is KyNYC.

EDIT:  Thank you Barbyw.

BarbyW

I already have you logged as a donator. I forgot to take you off the list at the bottom, sorry.

Bluebeard

I and the rest of this community appreciates everything you have done.So to avoid any down time maybe you can just let us know how short your coming up and maybe if we all pull together a brown out can avoided.
     Sure RL has taken a chunk out of our income but it's either SC4 or Uncle Benny's.This site unlike EA is keeping SC4 alive and as a community we can keep things going for a very long time. :)

minnie

Thank You!
That's all I can say and yet it's not a big enough word to express my gratitude for making my rainy holyday less dreery.
But how do I know for sure that you've recieved the donation?
It's not much, but I still would like to know that it's registered at your account? %confuso
Minnie

BarbyW

I try to match the username with the donation advice and add new names to the list in the first post. If I cannot match up the name I post part of the email address in the bottom part of the list and ask people to PM me with their LEX username.

killer0027

I just donated to the LEX, I used Paypal..thought I would give it another try, hope I don't get burned again.  Thanks for everything you all do to make SC4 better.   Killer0027 (Matt Norbeck)

BarbyW

Thank you, Matt. Your donation arrived safely and you are now added to the donators' list.

Emperor Stormont

I ashamed I have yet to donate, I love the LEX and just have not got round to it yet. I shall be making a donation this week.  &hlp

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

Emperor Stormont

sorry double post, I just made a donation to BSC Lex, and an email address was displayed as the merchant contact details, could someone PM what that email should be?? Just looked somewhat unexpected, although I'm maybe being very paranoid.... :D

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008