• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Civics and other standard building plop randomizer

Started by Akumeitakai, April 05, 2010, 09:24:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akumeitakai

It may already exist, but could a simple mod be developed such that more than one kind of police station be plopped at random when placing the station in game?  Just having the same-old police station, hospital, fire station, etc. put down every time in every city seems uninteresting.  Also, plopping from a list of buildings available means you can guide the look and feel of an area.  What about a mod that has a list of civics and other plops possible, all somewhat similar but differing in over all building type or style, and just puts down at random a specific one?

Good idea, Bad idea, already done?
I want to mod, I want to build: I want to make the things I dream.  When I slumber, I see fantastic things that could never be built or done but are so perfectly constructed and executed.  Where is the game where the rules apply that allow me to have the experience I dream of?

thingfishs

I think it's a great idea, and I'm not aware of it being done. I am slowly going through and replacing all my maxis civics, but this would be much better. Hmm, I await for further response as well...

joelyboy911

The only way I can think of to do this would be to make a building family. In that case the lot would be the same each time but have a different building. It might be complicated to make it look right, as the buildings would be of all different shapes/sizes. I don't think its possible to make lots plop randomly.

You could always choose one of the custom lots to suit the area you're placing it in - why let a randomizer choose your destiny?  :D
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian